Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
It's called funny girl, I worked really hard on it and would appreciate if you gave it a listen! If you like bands such as Daniel Johnston, Grizzly Bear, or Radiohead You can download it pay what you want at:

EDIT: The first album's kinda rough why don't you listen to these three tracks instead:

EDIT 2: my 2nd release is done! It's a shorter EP called Nearly Hollow, please give it a listen:

https://abernathy1.bandcamp.com/album/nearly-hollow

(sorry I had to make it this one cost money if anyone in this thread like wants a copy of it but can't pay then get in touch with me somehow)

anyway thanks for reading my thread have a good one!!

us vs also us fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Not into this at all.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i think you accidentally made a barbra streisand movie.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also G U R F

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
this isnt anything like radiohead

this is like andrew jackson jihad except poo poo

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hell Yeah posted:

also G U R F

hi it's me Gurf!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
omg its so warbley

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Hell Yeah posted:

also G U R F

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Enfield posted:

omg its so warbley

Thanks! I don't know what I'm doing :)

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello it is me, infamous something awful forums poster Gurf!

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
this sucks

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

us vs also us posted:

Thanks! I don't know what I'm doing :)

its not my type of music at all but youre def talented. i would say that some of the songs have too much going on what with the oveelapping guitars and instead of lending itself to conplexity it just sounds messy, especially bc you voice is so high, but its not a major issue and thats just my opinion, man. keep on keeping on well bye

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

not that i listened to your album, but imo you should try making a different, better album

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Enfield posted:

its not my type of music at all but youre def talented. i would say that some of the songs have too much going on what with the oveelapping guitars and instead of lending itself to conplexity it just sounds messy, especially bc you voice is so high, but thats just my opinion, man. well bye

Thanks so much, I'm definitely still figuring out mixing/recording in general. This is my first real music project and I feel like I've learned a lot!

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

us vs also us posted:

Thanks so much, I'm definitely still figuring out mixing/recording in general. This is my first real music project and I feel like I've learned a lot!

recording pro tips:

dont let idiots make you think old vintage stuff sounds good or is desirable just cause its old. most recording engineers who actually worked in the 60s and 70s dont use that poo poo anymore because it sucks and is bad. the fetishization of tape\vinyl and analogue technology in general is bullshit snakeoil for hipster douches almost universally. you might already be perfectly aware of this; its more popular than ever though so i just thought id steer you away from that rabbit hole.

you dont need super nice mics or preamps to make good recordings. tube amps are your friend for getting good sounds. drums need to be in a decent-size room to sound good and you should probably not ever plan on recording live drums until you know how to mix sampled ones.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Secular Humanist posted:

recording pro tips:

dont let idiots make you think old vintage stuff sounds good or is desirable just cause its old. most recording engineers who actually worked in the 60s and 70s dont use that poo poo anymore because it sucks and is bad. the fetishization of tape\vinyl and analogue technology in general is bullshit snakeoil for hipster douches almost universally. you might already be perfectly aware of this; its more popular than ever though so i just thought id steer you away from that rabbit hole.

you dont need super nice mics or preamps to make good recordings. tube amps are your friend for getting good sounds. drums need to be in a decent-size room to sound good and you should probably not ever plan on recording live drums until you know how to mix sampled ones.

thanks I have no clue what you're talking about! have a good one

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

What was that death metal band that had a thread like this a few years back?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Lobotomy Bob posted:

What was that death metal band that had a thread like this a few years back?

Heh I don't know, sure sounds funny though!! Wanna tell us a bit more about it friend? :)

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

us vs also us posted:

Heh I don't know, sure sounds funny though!! Wanna tell us a bit more about it friend? :)

It was a six track album about liches or some such. Surprisingly good. I don't remember much else about it which is a shame.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Lobotomy Bob posted:

It was a six track album about liches or some such. Surprisingly good. I don't remember much else about it which is a shame.

OH I THOUGHT YOU WERE THREADSHITTING SORRY everyones real mean here

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

this web site really is something awful!!!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Secular Humanist posted:

recording pro tips:

this doesnt have anything to do with anything you loving retard

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
hipsters! :bahgawd:

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

us vs also us posted:

OH I THOUGHT YOU WERE THREADSHITTING SORRY everyones real mean here

That's probably a good assumption, tbf.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Well anyways here's something i JUST NOW wrote & recorded on a whim!

http://tindeck.com/listen/qiyro

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
I don't think this is terrible - I can imagine it sounding great with bone crushing fuzz, even the pretty stuff like "How Do You Have Your Love?". Imagine like a Zvex fuzz factory with the gate glitching on that. Or an Angry Jeff with a transparent OD in front of it?

I really like "Back Then" and "Arm Twister", op.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Harakiri Potter posted:

I don't think this is terrible - I can imagine it sounding great with bone crushing fuzz, even the pretty stuff like "How Do You Have Your Love?". Imagine like a Zvex fuzz factory with the gate glitching on that. Or an Angry Jeff with a transparent OD in front of it?

I really like "Back Then" and "Arm Twister", op.

Thank you! I'm sure most of my songs could sound a lot better with some better production but a general goes to war with the army he has etc also I have depression anyways thanks have a good one! :^)

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

us vs also us posted:

Thank you! I'm sure most of my songs could sound a lot better with some better production but a general goes to war with the army he has etc also I have depression anyways thanks have a good one! :^)

Sorry about your depression, but you should feel pretty good because you know Mozart composed his first symphony when he was like 8. I wonder how everyone else's is coming along, you know man?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Harakiri Potter posted:

Sorry about your depression, but you should feel pretty good because you know Mozart composed his first symphony when he was like 8. I wonder how everyone else's is coming along, you know man?

mozart is a punk bitch!!

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

if mozart is still alive I'm going to kick his rear end

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

:rip: mozart

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

wolfgang amagayus

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
johann sebastian gurf

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Gurf is a big inspiration to me

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
gurf is my best friend

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't automatically hate it op

what someone said about overlapping things

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

I don't automatically hate it op

what someone said about overlapping things

I will work on making the things overlap less thank you. God bless

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For real that is surprisingly good

Have you considered having cover art that doesn't look like hot garbage ? I think it deserves it

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

For real that is surprisingly good

Have you considered having cover art that doesn't look like hot garbage ? I think it deserves it

You son of a bitch my dead mother drew that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

I'm working on a follow up EP do you guys wanna hear it so far

• Locked thread