Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should have been the outcome?
OP was rude and committed a serious faux pas!
OP was right and was honorabu, a true socialite
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So, my wife and my parents went to a nice event tonight. It was a neat get together where you could sample local foods and beers and just mingle and stuff. We got there a little early and found a table before it got busy. Since we didn't want to be without a table, the ladies left their purses and the men left their jackets, as well as the water bottles we had been drinking there.
So we get up to go mingle and sample the local food occasionally returning to our table (of which there were plenty) to converse and finish our drinks. Except we come back one time and the entire table is taken over. Folks just sitting in the chairs over the ladies' purses and the mens' jackets, their drinks intermixed with the drinks we had at the table. I come over to find my parents literally chewing these people out over being rude since they just kinda took over. They countered that you cant' reserve tables and that its fair game and that we had no right to "save a seat" like we did.

Was I right to threaten to kick their rear end or were we being rude by "saving a table"? I need to know what my defense is in court tomorrow morning. Thanks Goons.

Jastiger fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

You people are a collective jackass for trying to hold a table on a busy night that you're not sitting at. They're a jackass for invading your jackass staked claim but ultimately i'd side with them over iowa-can-do-no-wrong man

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Sounds like they were rude cunts to me

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
THA GOATMAAAAAAAN

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
Who's paying me to give a poo poo?

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I probably wouldn't fight them, but id take one for the team and poo poo my own pants right next to the group doing the takeover and make them smell my poo poo until they decide to leave.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
They should have kicked your poo poo on the floor. You're lucky they didn;t conceal carry, that'd put an end to your tough guy routine.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sounds like Des Moines is full of lovely people from that story

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The person with a firearm obv wins

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Toilet Shoes posted:

Who's paying me to give a poo poo?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Did you even stand your ground op??

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

If this situation was actually upsetting for you then your life is blessed with minimal struggle

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Learn to use soap. Specifically my brand.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Turtle Blogger posted:

If this situation was actually upsetting for you then your life is blessed with minimal struggle

Its Des Moines. This event will probably make the news. We dont have actual crime here.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

You generally leave a few people to hang around the table in these situations. This is why people have kids isn't it?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
OP claims there were plenty of tables so if that's true then the other party was a bunch of assholes. If it's not true then everyone involved was a bunch of assholes and nobody cares which side was "more wrong".

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cool white trash story op, very iowa

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
tl;dr: op lost his seat at a hoe-down and had to play musical chairs with another family.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The best solution is to stop leaving your house, then you pretty much never have to deal with other people

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Iowa sounds loving buckwild

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Were they from the South?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Where I live I'm pretty sure you would have gotten a medal for marching them out into the parking lot, making them kneel down, and executing them one by one with the handgun of your choice. If one survived they'd be charged with assault and disturbing the peace.

Ampaddle
Jun 28, 2008
You tried to claim the table by pissing all over it so it smelt of your woman and men. Time past and bold people cleaned and took over

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Dr.Smasher posted:

Were they from the South?

Yeah this is what I want to know. I refuse to believe a jastiger thread exists that isn't about the south in some way.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its not about the South. Its about is it rude to put your jacket down and expect someone not to take over the table.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Jastiger posted:

Its not about the South. Its about is it rude to put your jacket down and expect someone not to take over the table.

No, you should have killed the poo poo out of them, and live streamed it.

E; I just want to see somebody die on the internet who actually has it coming, is that so wrong?

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 30, 2017

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No, you should have killed the poo poo out of them, and live streamed it.

E; I just want to see somebody die on the internet who actually has it coming, is that so wrong?

the parents literally chewed the people out. loving brutal there must have been blood everywhere

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Where I live I'm pretty sure you would have gotten a medal for marching them out into the parking lot, making them kneel down, and executing them one by one with the handgun of your choice. If one survived they'd be charged with assault and disturbing the peace.

OP isn't white, though.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Angela Lansburial posted:

the parents literally chewed the people out. loving brutal there must have been blood everywhere

Stealing seats is loving WRONG WTF ARE YOU ALL FROM BOSTON OR SOMETHING!?

Regrettable posted:

OP isn't white, though.

Fine with me we're all pink on the inside. :)

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

is this one of those 'black people at chucky cheese' things?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Fat Jesus posted:

is this one of those 'black people at chucky cheese' things?

No because they serve better pizza at Chucky Cheese. I don't know who that's a burn on, but Iowa sucks.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
move your feet lose your seat dumbass - some old egyptian with a dog's head mask

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
They were rude but losing your table at the golden corral or wherever Iowans have "events" isn't worth getting arrested for assault over. Just make a big show of yanking your jackets/purses out from under them and go to another one if they won't get up.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

So, my wife and my parents went to a nice event tonight. It was a neat get together where you could sample local foods and beers and just mingle and stuff. We got there a little early and found a table before it got busy. Since we didn't want to be without a table, the ladies left their purses and the men left their jackets, as well as the water bottles we had been drinking there.
So we get up to go mingle and sample the local food occasionally returning to our table (of which there were plenty) to converse and finish our drinks. Except we come back one time and the entire table is taken over. Folks just sitting in the chairs over the ladies' purses and the mens' jackets, their drinks intermixed with the drinks we had at the table. I come over to find my parents literally chewing these people out over being rude since they just kinda took over. They countered that you cant' reserve tables and that its fair game and that we had no right to "save a seat" like we did.

Was I right to threaten to kick their rear end or were we being rude by "saving a table"? I need to know what my defense is in court tomorrow morning. Thanks Goons.

Lol how white are you?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL I only know OP from the Overwatch thread so I was like "uh dude why don't you just conc 'nade them to spread 'em out and fly low picking 'em off" and now I'm confronted with the reality that Jastiger might not be able to fly and shoot missiles IRL

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I think the OP is twisting the situation to make him look better.

If there were plenty of tables, why did they sit at yours? Why didn't you just move to one of the empty tables?

I also highly doubt you returned to the table time to time. Why would you do that if it was just your coats there?

More likely is that OP and his crew of four spread out over a ten person table. All the tables filled up, and then this group of handicapped elderly people showed up and needed a place to sit before they collapsed. They saw a few chairs that weren't actively being used, sat down, then OP and his crew freak out.

Also, what woman leaves her purse unattended in a room full of strangers? Seems like another lie.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OP is extremely garbage as anyone who has read his posts can attest; he secretly envies southerners and drives a big pickup truck (small dick) and gets embarrassingly drunk in public then tries to start fights with groups of other people because he wandered to the wrong table and thought they took his poo poo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Can't say it's all his fault as apparently his garbage parents just didn't raise him right,as they started the whole thing. Kill youre famil op

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Who the hell leaves their purses unattended or out of eye sight long enough for a bunch of people to take over your table without noticing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe
Dear Goons,

I seek your guidance on how to act properly in a social situation.

V/R

OP

• Locked thread