Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
What's up BYOB. I haven't posted here in a while, and I thought I would make a thread for us to talk about weird or confusing dreams that we had.

The other night I had one of those dreams where you experience like 2 weeks of time in the dream, and then you wake up and actually you've just been asleep for around 5 hours and now nothing makes sense.

Anyway, the details are kind of foggy and I mostly remember it as a montage of bullet points, but pretty much:

I was piloting a sick-rear end spaceship near some far-away planet in the year 3000. Docked at a space station where I was buying a sandwich or something, I met this really cool and pretty girl, and we decided to go check out a weird temple on some asteroid. It all went to poo poo and we were gonna get killed by giant rock monsters, but she did some magical girl stuff that turned the monsters into regular people, but it sacrificed her body and just left behind one of those mini-CDs, which contained her entire soul as like a living hologram.

So, with this girl's cyberghost living in my ship computer, I decided to fly back to Earth and introduce her to my parents? We undertook the really long hyperspace journey back to Earth, which is where I'm pretty sure most of that "lost time" was, and had a lot of flirty bonding time, and then the dream narrative started to break down because it was still 2017 on Earth and I had to explain to my parents (not my actual parents, but totally different people that the dream apparently assigned to parental roles) that, even though Japan doesn't exist any more in the year 3000, my :siren:hologram girlfriend:siren: was probably Japanese.

Anyway, I woke up at like 3:30 in the morning, couldn't remember what day it was, and with strong lingering feelings about a fictional lady whose name I couldn't remember, who was also a hologram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

They Might Be

parents: "so how's stephanie?"

yob: well she's on a mini-cd. remember like, singles? ... ok well... they're sort of like that but they're a small cd... yes I know you want children... yes... wow, ok yes... no we don't "burn" children like a cd... ok... yes... well we're getting off track here but-...

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

They Might Be posted:

parents: "so how's stephanie?"

yob: well she's on a mini-cd. remember like, singles? ... ok well... they're sort of like that but they're a small cd... yes I know you want children... yes... wow, ok yes... no we don't "burn" children like a cd... ok... yes... well we're getting off track here but-...

No, this isn't like a "two dee wife thing" she used to have a physical body, and now she doesn't, MOTHER.

I don't remember much about the conversation. I know we were eating cereal (???) and the parents tried to give her a wall calendar (????) that just phased through her hologram and fell on the floor. The dream was *surprisingly* consistent re: my space girlfriend turned herself into a hologram.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 5, 2017

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
i had a dream about a demolition derby for horses.

also one where the vending machine at work was selling "pork holes"

thanks Manifisto!

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

mailorder bees! posted:

i think this is actually just all derbies

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
in my dream they were crashing and there were horse bits flying everywhere and a kid caught a leg like it was a baseball

thanks Manifisto!

They Might Be

mailorder bees! posted:

in my dream they were crashing and there were horse bits flying everywhere and a kid caught a leg like it was a baseball

what did the explosions look like?

was it an explosion with fire and all, or a more cartoony crash test dummies sorta scenario?

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had a dream like this only instead of going on space adventures I hung out on the roof of a seafood restaurant for a few weeks, I got my food by fishing through the chimney

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

They Might Be posted:

was it an explosion with fire and all, or a more cartoony crash test dummies sorta scenario?

something like a sandbox physics game, like beamng.drive or something

thanks Manifisto!

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

They Might Be posted:

i like to imagine that horse parts, would be the fire

a rapidly expanding exponentially multiplying cloud of disembodied horse parts rocketing outward from the epicenter of the crash in all directions

rat-born cock

"Garbage! Trash! Offal! Debris! Come and get it! Nothing whole or undamaged! Crap, tripe, and useless piles of shit. You know you want it."
I had a dream that there was a horse with cow udders and when I milked them money and screams came out

savex
I had a dream I was posting on SA.... Weird right ?

poopzilla

I had a dream where i was in this huge Borders-like bookstore. But it was as big as one of those fancy malls and the different sections were all connected by like double dare style obstacle courses, huge ramps, rope swings, teeter totters etc.. and the only books it sold were biographies about Richard Nixon and the only game it had was NCAA Basketball for the SNES

it was p rad

----------------

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
thats p sweet

thanks Manifisto!

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
yeah that's a cool dream, poopzilla.

Twenty Four

mailorder bees! posted:

Extreme polo sounds like the most brutal sport ever.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I had this dream where I'd be moderately successful and a pretty woman named Karen would love me and I'd love her too except for her weird hang-up about cats...they're not people its fine if they sleep outside, Karen, holy god stop yelling "Mittens" it's 11 o'clock people are sleeping.

Patware

i went through hit film "The Mask" in first-person but i wasn't anti-vax superstar jim carrey i don't know who i was but i was there for all of it, all of it

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Patware posted:

i went through hit film "The Mask" in first-person but i wasn't anti-vax superstar jim carrey i don't know who i was but i was there for all of it, all of it

First of all: this loving rules.

Second of all: Did you sincerely want somebody to stop you, or were you just reciting the line?

Finally: was it hosed up doing all that cartoon poo poo, or did it just seem like a totally normal function of your body at the time? Because every time my body has undergone a major form distortion in a dream it's been mega hosed up. We're talkin, my mutant brain took the extra care to render stretch marks and stuff.

Patware

i wanted to stop. i needed to stop

nobody was able to stop me, nobody ever could

SniperWoreConverse

one time I was walking thru the jungle w/ pith helmet and machete when I hit a clearing and a jaguar came out. We fought and like my head got bit really bad and the jag got cut and we were thrashing around hardcore, and there was blood and it pooled and mingled on the ground.

But where the blood mixed it became some kind of scintillating substance that did something strange to the colors of things, the dream became almost ultraviolet. Our fight became so metaphorically huge we physically became larger until we towered over the canopy and it was some kind of apotheosis where we were some Aztec dual-god who were eternally fighting ourselve(s)? or patron(s) of carnage? It was a real weird thing where there was no difference between love-hate-self-other it was like one concept.

The strangest thing though, was the insanely huge and long lasting boner I had when I woke up. Somebody with dream interperatation pleas tell me what the gently caress this means. Thx 4 readin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
Really good business idea, acquire rollercoaster and sell people cereal on the way in. When their milk spills out during the ride collect the milk and sell it back to them on the way out of ride. Airtight please don't steal this

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
All the doors are locked... the windows, too! I frantically run from room to room, there must be a way out! Up the stairs I go, up and up- is there a hatch on the roof? I must be free! Wait- I feel a cool breeze on my face, could it be? It is! A secret door! I open it and at last, I'm free, I soar up into the sky and I can fly!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

dildo sample pack

by Fluffdaddy
Last night I dreamt that i was a communist agent infiltrating some kind of nazi overnight gathering. The nazis all brought their pet cats and dogs to the gathering and i also brought my pet cat. i remember feeling really nervous the whole time and then toward the end of the dream i reached down to pick up my cat so we could leave the event and then i woke up

----------------

SniperWoreConverse

Had a dream I had my cat from the olden times stuffed instead of buried in the back yard. I had him in my living room now and scratched him behind the ears for old times sake and he came alive and started eating my stuff

milk teeth

I was an astronaut out on a spacewalk. It was beautiful, cold and quiet out there but I really had to pee so when I spied a toilet floating nearby I sighed, synced our rotation speed, pulled out my dilz and let loose. Something was definitely wrong cuz my space suit started warming up fast and that's the last time I pissed the bed.

Robot Made of Meat

I had a dream this morning that I was working in some sort of retreat/spa/whatever with a lot of 'alternative' type people. I was in a poorly-lit room where a speaker was addressing a very small crowd. He started out by making all sorts of seemingly random, declarative statements all of which seemed very unlikely and without any supporting evidence.

All of this was building up to his informing us that women have, in their wombs, 24 "windows" that are communication portals of some sort. Furthermore, women can communicate with flowers using these windows. Flowers have memories, you see, so if a woman had a slight fever (his example), she could tell a flower about this using a womb-window. If another woman came by later, the flower could inform the second woman about the first woman's fever.

But this was just the foundation which was leading up to the REALLY big revelation. To understand this, we needed to know that because both reptiles and humans can catch pneumonia (including catching it between species) . . .

At this point in the dream, I had to leave the room because I was laughing loudly. So, I left the speaker with only one or two audience members, and I never did find out how womb-windows related to reptile pneumonia.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
How did this make you feel?

Impkins Patootie

crazy heron dreams from too much dabbs and dirty spring.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I keep having this dream where I'm a piece of rope hanging over a harbor, and I can see all these faces appearing and disappearing in the water as it roils under the stormy sky. Like the faces form out of the swirling water, last long enough to make a pained face, then dissolve into sea foam, wincing and dying.

A similar dream is I'm looking at a big wall of tv screens, and they all start off but one by one they turn on showing riots and wars and people dying. Just like the harbor dream it escalates until I'm yelling "No!" repeatedly until I force myself awake and I'm all sweaty and exhausted.
I'm told I mutter the "No"s in my sleep too sometimes. I had a therapist tell me these were "night terrors" and wanted to prescribe me something but I just switched therapists and told the new one I don't remember my dreams. Problem "solved"!

Impkins Patootie

i woke up last nite @ 2am cold and uncomfortable, must mean its time for the weekend cause this weather suxxx

SniperWoreConverse

had a dream I was at some kind of hotel bar and this incredibly drunk dude tried to drive away and hit literally every possible thing at every turn. @ one point he had finally got out of his parking space, cranked the wheel all the way, and gunned it, spinning in circles for a minute until he finally turned it back he ramped up onto the sidewalk drove down the street and wrecked into a cop car

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Does anyone have dreams of a first person video game where you're stalked by enemies straight from silent hill but the environments are sewn together elements from your IRL + gothic stuff from your imaginations like library courtyards that had a party in the building but you have to leave it to do your weird ritualistic nightly flying to see what monster was imminently out to get you, but this jumps to a warehouses of boxed fruit where you have to jump from stack to stack to outrun the monster cause your weapon is definitely too weak

joke_explainer

So I started keeping a sort of dream journal, as dreams are weird as gently caress and all and I always forget them, but I found a new entry in my journal today and I have no memory of writing it down. This isn't that weird as I talk in my sleep like a crazy person, so I guess I sleep-journaled after waking up from a dream? No memory of the dream. Here is what I wrote.

Crazy person who lives in my head in those times I'm not awake posted:

weird dream, obama working at shop very rude and kept accusing us of getting in the way of brunch, went to fake stadium bonfire, weird guy was working on "heart", then almost crash commercial plane as a joke

wish I knew what that was about

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

lmbo calrissian posted:

Does anyone have dreams of a first person video game where you're stalked by enemies straight from silent hill but the environments are sewn together elements from your IRL + gothic stuff from your imaginations like library courtyards that had a party in the building but you have to leave it to do your weird ritualistic nightly flying to see what monster was imminently out to get you, but this jumps to a warehouses of boxed fruit where you have to jump from stack to stack to outrun the monster cause your weapon is definitely too weak

In my Everquest days I had a dream I was a Bard and I had Selo's (with floaty and invis...) going on and I was looking down and I thought "this is the coolest thing ever!" until I started wondering "what if I hit a telephone line and Selo's drops? I'll get hit by Pain and Suffering!" and "what if a bird hits me and I take 1 point of damage?" I woke myself up out of frustration and vowed to get a lev buff first the next time.

I had a dream recently about Hill Giants and Selo's dropping because I forgot to change the battery

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I've had dreams before where I'm playing a video game, and then at some point without knowing when it happened, I realize that actually I'm inside the game.

I had a fever dream about minecraft one time, where I was like a commander in charge of some castle guards, but the castle was in minecraft and so I was also in charge of building the castle? Also there were demons.

Darkman Fanpage
had a dream i had three dogs. this is weird because i only have two. :staredog:

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I dreamt that I killed myself and when I woke up I was dead.

And then Albert Einstein and Hitler kissed and it made my wiener hard.

Keebler Cookout

Drinking is important to my well being.
Can confirm would like to smoke what the op is smoking. Also I too enjoy half women half cassettes.

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Keebler Cookout posted:

Can confirm would like to smoke what the op is smoking. Also I too enjoy half women half cassettes.

:smug:

I'm not even smoking anything. I do play a lot of space-related video games, though.

I can't decide if it's pathetic or endearing that I decided to introduce my computer girlfriend to my fictionalized dream parents.

• Locked thread