Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

It's sad that the thread where all the musicians on SA post their stuff is basically a wasteland. Pretty much only the guys making music ever visit the thread so gbs never sees some of the good music being made by goons.

For example check out Elijah Fynmore. He's a Scottish folk singer and he basically kicks all the asses. If you're a fan of the Pouges or Woody Guthrie/Billy Bragg type protest music you'll definitely wanna check Elijah out.

Check some of these goons out in the soundcloud thread. You may find something really cool and good. Maybe you won't. You can make fun of them itt if they are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Tell us what kind of music you make, OP! Or post your SoundCloud or whatever.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
yeah I love deadmau5 lol

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The fact that your sub is dying and sucks doesn't give you the right to put this poo poo on GBS.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Any good/great musicians? Or are they all just decent.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
this guy is a goon

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0QdRj1L-UA

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
I love Pirate Dan!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BluesShaman posted:

Any good/great musicians? Or are they all just decent.

what do you think

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Doobies raps are the only goon music I support

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
What's up aaro? I've been experimenting with song writing methods. Been thinking if every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right.

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
For example never liked minor chords but I am now understanding how it fits in the big picture. Now that's a real pop secret!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

nextlevelstart posted:

For example never liked minor chords but I am now understanding how it fits in the big picture. Now that's a real pop secret!

:rock: dim7 :rock:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I gave deadmou5 a 6 hour probation that second time he came and posted here and it is still my proudest moment

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Tiny Garbage (us vs also us) is a dude who makes indie folk reminiscent of Elliott Smith.

Disparition (Earwicker) makes experimental soundscapes he tags as " electronic ambient dark dark ambient electroacoustic electronic experimental gothic industrial instrumental".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I write music for various companies and therefore, outside of my demo reel, can't really post it anywhere. My Soundcloud just ends up as a collection of demos and ideas.

I do, however, help organize the yearly Awful Xmas music thread with my wife (official webpage still coming soon!)

Welp, thanks for listening.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Hot Dad

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I've been known for pleasing people with my organ and loudly :smuggo:

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I write music for various companies and therefore, outside of my demo reel, can't really post it anywhere. My Soundcloud just ends up as a collection of demos and ideas.

I do, however, help organize the yearly Awful Xmas music thread with my wife (official webpage still coming soon!)

Welp, thanks for listening.

Thank you for doing that! I didn't want to mention it because it's not July yet, but I'm a big fan of those songs.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

oh hey it's the guy that get super butthurt when goons make fun of his music lmao

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

oh hey it's the guy that get super butthurt when goons make fun of his music lmao

Is this some sort of trick to get me to go listen to every single thing in the SoundCloud thread? Because I'm not going to do it. There are a ton of things, and I bet half of them are ambient synth or something. I mean, that's fine, but if you listen to that stuff for too long you'll forget how actual instruments sound.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

does colorfinger still post those "singing for the internet" threads here? haven't seen one in a while

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i just make really really bad trap remixes because every time i try and make real music it just turns into a lovely trap song

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Anyone do any decent tech noir sorta blade runner in the rain looking at cyborg strippers sorta thing?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

How sad. I actually listened to to Captain Dan album quite a lot after it was first posted. It's good.

I also loved Futuristic Sex Robotz. They were goons weren't they?

e: just relistened to the album, my favs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twAKSKdg7EA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-LozGGB35k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2V1ZmMrPqQ

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 30, 2017

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

a hole-y ghost posted:

link ur dumb gay fake radiohead album, op

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

I've got an alt-experimental noisecore band and we rock the loving roof off of the local Waffle House

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
I only know how to play the jaw-harp.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ambient drone Conelrad on bandcmp is also a goon

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I.C. posted:

Is this some sort of trick to get me to go listen to every single thing in the SoundCloud thread? Because I'm not going to do it. There are a ton of things, and I bet half of them are ambient synth or something. I mean, that's fine, but if you listen to that stuff for too long you'll forget how actual instruments sound.
unfortunately, my friend, he edited out all his music because it was too bad lol

AARO posted:

Posting in GBS

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AARO posted:

Disparition (Earwicker) makes experimental soundscapes he tags as " electronic ambient dark dark ambient electroacoustic electronic experimental gothic industrial instrumental".

Earwixker was a cool mod and he's p good, he does the music for Nightvalr which was also started by a goon and front page writer

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A conelrad release

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

unfortunately, my friend, he edited out all his music because it was too bad lol
that's where you're wrong, my man

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Anyone do any decent tech noir sorta blade runner in the rain looking at cyborg strippers sorta thing?

com truise

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I think that's what vaporwave is but it's poo poo and the only person to pull off that asthetic is him

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did you know my anus can double for a bag pipe when I stick 4 flutes up it?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

get that OUT of my face posted:

does colorfinger still post those "singing for the internet" threads here? haven't seen one in a while

The last one he made a year ago got stickied for a month, but as is the new norm for a stickied thread in GBS it barely got a dozen pity replies before drying up like lowtaxs dreams for his children.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

AARO posted:

I found a link to some of his stuff somewhere on these forums years ago and have bought most of it on band camp. I like it.

get that OUT of my face posted:

I have seen a few of these threads on BYOB at times.

Has some good jams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh, I made an 8bit inspired album way back in 2009, if anyone cares. No, it's not a bunch of mega man covers.

http://robotcousin.kicktone.com

• Locked thread