Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hey all come on down to the 2017 Ramadan Bombathon Extravaganza. Every year a bunch of religious dudes stop eating and drinking during the day so they get REAL ANGRY!!!

May 27th: Taliban Car Bomb Targeting Elite Afghan Force Kills at Least 12

quote:

KABUL, Afghanistan A large Taliban explosion targeting an elite Afghan militia force that has worked closely with the C.I.A. killed at least a dozen people on Saturday in the eastern part of the country, officials said.

May 28th: Gunmen in Egypt Force Coptic Christian Pilgrims From Buses and Kill 28

quote:

At least 28 people were killed, several with a single shot to the head, according to the Egyptian authorities and relatives of the victims, several of whom were children. The attack on Friday in Minya Province, 120 miles south of Cairo, was a coldblooded escalation of sectarian violence targeting minority Christians that has left more than 100 people dead since December and shaken the countrys government.

May 29th: Baghdad blasts: Ice cream shop among attack targets, 31 killed

quote:

A massive bombing outside a popular ice cream parlor in central Baghdad and a rush hour car bomb in another downtown area killed at least 31 people on Tuesday, Iraqi officials said.

The Islamic State terror network claimed responsibility for the ice cream parlor attack -- but a source in Baghdad told Fox News a militia group unrelated to ISIS was responsible.

May 31st: Kabul Bombing Kills at Least 80, Shaking City Center

quote:

KABUL, Afghanistan A truck bombing near the Afghan presidential palace early Wednesday killed at least 80 people and wounded hundreds, officials said. The death toll seemed certain to rise, and the attack appeared to be one of the bloodiest of the long Afghan war.

June 3rd: Kabul bombing: Triple suicide bombing leaves at least 12 dead at funeral of protester 'killed by police'

quote:

At least 12 people have reportedly been killed and 90 wounded in bombings at the funeral of a protester killed in Kabul.

Three blasts hit mourners at a cemetery in the Khair Khana district, where photos showed bodies and remains strewn on the ground as smoke filled the air.

Taking bets on the high score this year!!

Return Of JimmyJars fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
It is allowed to work during Ramadan.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When scoring this event do you subtract out typical number of infidel slayings per month outside of ramalamadingdong or do you just take the number as a whole?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Jesus Christ, that truck bombing today

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

big nipples big life posted:

When scoring this event do you subtract out typical number of infidel slayings per month outside of ramalamadingdong or do you just take the number as a whole?

I think we should work on numbers as a whole.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Middle East counts are like easy mode

Only ones that should be counted are in Europe and North America imo

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
When you have the loving Taliban condeming your suicide attack you know you are up to some heinous loving poo poo

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Is it ISIS or just angry people?

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
ramadan should be about bringing people together, not blowing them apart!!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

That's about 30 per day and Ramadan is 29 days long...

870, Bob.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

When you have the loving Taliban condeming your suicide attack you know you are up to some heinous loving poo poo

:(

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Taking bets on the high score this year!!

Are we doing 'closest' or Price is Right rules where you can't go over?

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

That's about 30 per day and Ramadan is 29 days long...

870, Bob.

Hmmm, 871.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So what's the number at right now? 151? What's the last day for ramodon?

I need to know these things to make my best prediction.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

hehe, i'll show those bombers, i'll pretend to not know how to spell ramadan even though it's in the op. this is a sick burn even sicker than their already burnt bodies and victims

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Ramadamn

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They skipped may 30th that's gonna gently caress with the total

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Catholics did a bunch of dumb poo poo a thousand years ago so who are we to say anything about this.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
how many trillions of us taxpayer money was spent on iraq and afghanistan during the last 15 years? that's a spicy lol.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jose Oquendo posted:

Catholics did a bunch of dumb poo poo a thousand years ago so who are we to say anything about this.

Yeah but making GBS threads on catholics is boring since they're all huge pussies now

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ramabomb

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

They are more worried about Mohammad being a pedophile than their priests doing the same thing in modern times so maybe Catholics aren't the best example.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

...and the pitch! posted:

They are more worried about Mohammad being a pedophile than their priests doing the same thing in modern times so maybe Catholics aren't the best example.

its the pedophile olympics which religion will produce more pedos?!?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Plenty more where that came from

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah but making GBS threads on catholics is boring since they're all huge pussies now

We have The New Yorker to poo poo on Catholics now. It's been turned into a white-collar profession.

making GBS threads on Muslims is like jazz music in the 20s: edgy, avant-garde and not yet respectable.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
This is what happens when a religion mandates fasting and an entire population becomes hangry.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

They should have moved Ramadan during Hakeem's career. I'll bet he'd have a lot more rings.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

B. Birdsworth posted:

We have The New Yorker to poo poo on Catholics now. It's been turned into a white-collar profession.

making GBS threads on Muslims is like jazz music in the 20s: edgy, avant-garde and not yet respectable.

in 40 years self identified liberals will be doing it like they are cool but the actual cool dudes will be making GBS threads on Kurds by that point

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
To be fair I get pretty grumpy when I skip lunch

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I thought about betting on mohammed like last year, but I think I'll bet on mohammad this time.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Imagine if this kind of poo poo went down during Lent?

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Secular Humanist posted:

its the pedophile olympics which religion will produce more pedos?!?

aaaaaand everyone loses.

especially the children.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
fasting all day every day? i'd rather blow myself up too

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is there a word like fasting but instead of not eating or drinking it's not killing people?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Chinatown posted:

fasting all day every day? i'd rather blow myself up too

fastign is acually not that hard and i recommend it to all also its not a strict fast in the sense that u are allowed to consume broth after sundown

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Psycho Society posted:

Jesus Christ, that truck bombing today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBM15fuERC4

:stare:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

big nipples big life posted:

Is there a word like fasting but instead of not eating or drinking it's not killing people?

Abstinence?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Kabul bombing

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-afghanistan-blast-usa-idUSKBN18R2J9?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

Abstinence?

It's pacifism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
All these terrorists should cut it out.

• Locked thread