Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hello all, if you need sauces and condiments for your burger. You maybe burgin' wrong.

Your burger should already be juicy enough where you don't need a sauce on it to choke it down.

As a note, it is okay if you like having a sauce on your burger for flavor. This thread is for those eating dry rear end burgers that need a sauce to swallow the lovely burg they got.

Just look at this burger eating dog, he doesn't need no sauce on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I could probably eat a round dozen of those dry charbroiled patties on cheap eggflour buns you have at lovely picnics or liquor stores tbh a lovely burger is still a burger

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cubone posted:

I could probably eat a round dozen of those dry charbroiled patties on cheap eggflour buns you have at lovely picnics or liquor stores tbh a lovely burger is still a burger

Yea, but those you gotta put ketchup or something on because they are dry as gently caress. Gotta get them juicy burgers that drip down your chin when you bite into them.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i prefer a brat over a burg

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

My burg game is excellent but I still put Ketchup on them

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
a real burger requires lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle. otherwise its a lovely burger

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hello all, if you need sauces and condiments for your burger. You maybe burgin' wrong.

Your burger should already be juicy enough where you don't need a sauce on it to choke it down.

As a note, it is okay if you like having a sauce on your burger for flavor. This thread is for those eating dry rear end burgers that need a sauce to swallow the lovely burg they got.

Just look at this burger eating dog, he doesn't need no sauce on it.

dude, that's a loving dog. shut up

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
when you're as high as that dog is any food will do

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I will put whatever I want on my food. gently caress off.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The burger game is complex because it requires a rare combination of class and prole tendencies to make the best burg, unlike most food where the more you spend on prep the better it will be.

Here's my take:

Brioche bun or potato bun, both have their merits

A single slice of Kraft American cheese, accept no substitutes on your burg and especially don't accept any high-faluting cheese unless it's in ADDITION to the American cheese.

80/20 or even 75/25 beef, and cut that poo poo in the food processor with a few slices of bacon, and ground lamb to taste.

Get a good tomato. This part is nearly impossible but crucial. This subs for ketchup btw, gently caress ketchup. An actual good tomato will be juicy and flavorful enough that no ketchup is required. If ketchup enhances a burger that also has tomato, that tomato sucked. Some people go their whole lives without eating a good tomato, true story.

Split an onion in the middle. Cut one of the halves into rings as a topping, dice the other half and caramelize it. After the onions caramelize, add a couple diced chipotles, mix everything, and cook for a few more minutes before putting it into a serving dish.

Butter the buns and toast. Grab all the poo poo you just prepped, cook the burger medium rare and serve with mayonnaise (homemade if you have the time, it takes like 2 minutes and it's the best) and mustard, and optional hot sauce. Add some fine chopped iceberg if you care.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Taima posted:

The burger game is complex because it requires a rare combination of class and prole tendencies to make the best burg, unlike most food where the more you spend on prep the better it will be.

Here's my take:

Brioche bun or potato bun, both have their merits

A single slice of Kraft American cheese, accept no substitutes on your burg and especially don't accept any high-faluting cheese unless it's in ADDITION to the American cheese.

80/20 or even 75/25 beef, and cut that poo poo in the food processor with a few slices of bacon, and ground lamb to taste.

Get a good tomato. This part is nearly impossible but crucial. This subs for ketchup btw, gently caress ketchup. An actual good tomato will be juicy and flavorful enough that no ketchup is required. If ketchup enhances a burger that also has tomato, that tomato sucked. Some people go their whole lives without eating a good tomato, true story.

Split an onion in the middle. Cut one of the halves into rings as a topping, dice the other half and caramelize it. After the onions caramelize, add a couple diced chipotles, mix everything, and cook for a few more minutes before putting it into a serving dish.

Butter the buns and toast. Grab all the poo poo you just prepped, cook the burger medium rare and serve with mayonnaise (homemade if you have the time, it takes like 2 minutes and it's the best) and mustard, and optional hot sauce. Add some fine chopped iceberg if you care.

thx.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
i'll gladly pay op tuesday for a hamburger today

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i going to make burgs, brats, and beer can chicken this weekend

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q84nfWkLsYU&t=30s

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I've been grillin a lot of brats lately so I had sauerkraut around, tried puttin some on some grilled burgers and gotta say I was impressed with how it turned out. Toast them buns, lettuce and tomato, kraut + mustard, basically it replaces the pickles for that acidic bite. After trying it I'm surprised it's not more common of a thing.

As a side note in grillin season if you ever want some easy sides just chop up some bacon and combine it with really any combo of diced produce, wrap the package in foil with a bit of s&p, and just put it on the side while you grill your other stuff. Grease from bacon flavors potatoes/broccoli/mushrooms/asparagus/whatever.

good burgin

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
does bacon-onion jam count as a condiment or a topping? because it really makes a burg :discourse:

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
what if I want green chili Monterrey jack cheese and a fried egg on my burg

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I will not be Burg-Policed.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Les Os posted:

what if I want green chili Monterrey jack cheese and a fried egg on my burg
then u get to be mayor of hamburg

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

uber_stoat posted:

I've marinated plenty of meat in this but I never thought to treat it as a condiment.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I've used swiss cheese melted all over a burg and it was amazing. far better than american

fight me

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Bacon, cheddar, onion, pickle, ketchup, and brown mustard, BITCH. Get the gently caress outta here with your plain rear end burg.

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I've used swiss cheese melted all over a burg and it was amazing. far better than american

fight me

I hate swiss but love cheddar on a burg, but for real man american on a burg ain't that bad so I guess what I'm saying is I kind of half-hate you.

uber_stoat posted:

This belongs in the burg-meat mixture, not as a condiment.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 16, 2017

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

I've marinated plenty of meat in this but I never thought to treat it as a condiment.

just a sprinkle. put it on french fries too.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

fight me

swiss bacon and avocado

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

then u get to be mayor of hamburg

I'll take it if it comes with meat and buns

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

uber_stoat posted:

just a sprinkle. put it on french fries too.

I will give it a try someday the thought just had literally never crossed my mind cause it's so potent.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
burger with thousand island dressing, pickles, onions, lettuce, cheese on a sesame seed bun. that's a burger

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Gaunab posted:

burger with thousand island dressing, pickles, onions, lettuce, cheese on a sesame seed bun. that's a burger

Nice fake big mac you godamn poser

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I found OP

Man, 19, 'beats his mother in a fight over a CHEESEBURGER' and is charged with domestic battery in Florida

quote:

According to the complaint/arrest affidavit from the Pinellas County court, the 19-year-old 'spat in the face of the victim as there were arguing in the kitchen of their home over a cheeseburger'.

Noah then apparently 'smacked the cheeseburger out of the victims hand' in the process hitting his 57-year-old mother on her arm and hand.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Taima posted:

Butter the buns and toast.

What's your thoughts on prepping the buns with lard? I can't say I've tested it side by side against butter; but have read on the forums it has a higher burning temp and is less likely to fry the bun. The lard does deliver a good creamy flavor.

Good burgin tips all around.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
meat in general is tasteless to me but im also an ibs suffering retard so I don't really eat food for pleasure at all :(

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Monos Bullet posted:

meat in general is tasteless to me but im also an ibs suffering retard so I don't really eat food for pleasure at all :(

Meat tastes like the pinnacle of our place at the top of the food chain as human beings which is pretty loving amazing. The idea of passing a single day without eating meat is foreign to me, even if it is generally cheap meat like chicken or ground beef.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like steak sauce on my burgers

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i like steak sauce on my burgers
*inhales sharply through teeth*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Pickles aee the most important topping. All others are discretionary

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Wtf is steak sauce

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
i like pineapple on my burgers

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

i like pineapple on my burgers
Try making a pseudo-chutney with Thai curry paste (pick whichever you like), coconut milk, and pineapple.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Flayer posted:

Wtf is steak sauce

It's a sauce made from pureed steaks and red wine, usually served as a dipping sauce for fries, etc but I like it on tacos, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Getting some real bad Burgpug flashbacks. :mad:

• Locked thread