Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Like, I like food and poo poo, I like to cook, and I like buying my food, so I want to go to the grocery store. I have to and I want to. But why the gently caress does it suck? Cramped aisles, can never find the specific loving thing I want, can't remember what the gently caress I need for the dickfart of me, long rear end checkout lines with some ugly pissed off cashier. No one to bag my poo poo so the line takes forever, some bitch can't input her phone number right, an awkward wait for the loving debit card to go through without making conversation, pushing a cart out to the car, unloading my loving groceries, finding a place to push the stupid rear end cart, and then going home

and unloading my loving groceries

the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
looks like somebody is mad about grocery stores

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
what's the matter, op, did they run out of ding dongs and ho hos?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
OP you need to chill. The things you mention are minor annoyances--certainly not worth getting angry about

Sit back and be happy :coolfish:

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

If you put stuff on the bottom you can walk out without paying if you are a WASP

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
which one of you niggas steals produce at the self-checkout

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Twat McTwatterson posted:

which one of you niggas steals produce at the self-checkout

i dont steal and i also avoid using racial slurs, op :colbert:

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

just have your butler go jesus

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
It seems you're mad about something that takes up less then 1% of your weekly time and is a necessity to life in our western culture.

I'd wager you spend more time touching yourself.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Don't forget about the arrogant, impatient boomer behind you in line complaining about minorities.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The new credit card chip readers things. You have to wait like 3 minutes for the thing to go through. Convenience my rear end.

Other than that, shopping is fine, unless they move the store inventory around again and you have to relearn that they put the coffee with the vegetables this week or some other bullshit.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA... PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE...

I had that stupid drat thing go off twice in a row once. It's like all the major retailers bought from the exact same company and all their self-checkouts suck. It still beats the alternative of getting in line behind:

• Person with a completely full cart
  • Person with a bag full of a hundred coupons
  • Person who insists on letting their toddler put all the items on the conveyor belt, do the credit card reader, and frankly anything other than sit in the cart and keep quiet
  • Person with a bag full of a hundred coupons who argues with the cashier about which items are accepted and which aren't
  • Person who initiates long, personal conversation with the cashier
  • Combinations of the above

When there's fifteen regular checkouts, fifty customers, and three lines are open while a sleepy teenage floor manager listlessly calls for team members to come up to the front... if they feel like it.

mystery fluid
Feb 12, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
one time, i was at a costco and there was some dude in biker gang gear (like the vest with the patches and poo poo) riding the cart very fast the wrong way down the main aisle, yelling at people. DOn't know what happened after, I was checking out.

anyway, sorry normal people activities bother you so much

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
being around people is horrible in general imo

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
because we're fat and know we look gross and hate anyone else looking at us,

Amazons working on a fix.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
op. i think you should start seeing the grocery store as a horn of plenty, and a reminder that you live in a civilized nation and are free from starvation.

or, you know, just stop being such a loving baby, you pussy

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Just have your groceries delivered by drone :rolleyes:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
maybe you should try a lil' store called Costco

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

if an amazon drone isnt delivering your digiorno pizzas to you i dont even want to know you

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

Neukoln19 posted:

op. i think you should start seeing the grocery store as a horn of plenty, and a reminder that you live in a civilized nation and are free from starvation.

I mean....I can't write it any better.

Use those loving twigs under your gigantic gut.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
try to find grace to accept the things you cannot change

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the grocery store i go to recently took out all of their self checkout lines.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Lime Tonics posted:

The new credit card chip readers things. You have to wait like 3 minutes for the thing to go through. Convenience my rear end.

We have a few Heinen's in Cleveland and they take Apple Pay. No dip and wait BS. :yayclod:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ocean Book posted:

try to find grace to accept the things you cannot change

Agreed, get drunk before going shopping it's much better

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dont like grocery stores? go hunt / forage for your own food

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Take my advice as these are words of wisdom and just make your girlfriend go

jfc i haven't been to the grocery store in years

yalls bitches hahahaha

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

get drunk at the store, its not stealing until the booze leaves the premises

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Neukoln19 posted:

Please do A or B.

Avoid option C, which is to let the frustration take increasing control of you until you're active killing at the grocery store.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I only go grocery shopping at 3am and it's great.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Caufman posted:

Please do A or B.

Avoid option C, which is to let the frustration take increasing control of you until you're active killing at the grocery store.

but if you spring for C be sure to make your crazy youtube partially animated vlog/suicide note under 40 minutes and easy to understand tia hth

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
:lol: If your groceries are not delivered. Amazon Prime Fresh, Instacart, Google Express, WTF man?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Also if you go to a grocery store Friday afternoon/evening, mid-day Saturday, or mid-day Sunday, you're going to have a really, really bad time.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I read that seeing our well-stocked grocery stores is what broke the USSR mentally

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Three Olives posted:

:lol: If your groceries are not delivered. Amazon Prime Fresh, Instacart, Google Express, WTF man?

christ....

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Idk OP, my cashiers are usually pretty hot thanks to the University campus nearby. Except for the chick with downs syndrome, but she's actually pretty cool so I she's good in my book. :shrug: Oh and if you use Android/Apple/Samsung/Whatever pay, it takes literally two seconds to pay and get the receipt. hth

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Three Olives posted:

How are the delivery time slots for APF? Like can you get it delivered later in the afternoon for people who work 9-5?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Three Olives posted:

Ironically this

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Supreme Allah posted:

I read that seeing our well-stocked grocery stores is what broke the USSR mentally

http://blog.chron.com/thetexican/2014/04/when-boris-yeltsin-went-grocery-shopping-in-clear-lake/

Supposedly Boris Yeltsin was particularly smitten by the Jello Pudding Pops.

I miss back when Russia/USSR wasn't an enemy. :smith:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Three-Phase posted:

How are the delivery time slots for APF? Like can you get it delivered later in the afternoon for people who work 9-5?

I normally have them delivered before I get up or right before I get home and just have the porter leave them outside my front door so the dogs aren't disturbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007
My wife and I enjoy going to the grocery store and looking at all the things we can afford because the global bourgeoisie continues to enjoy the bounty that the global proletariat produces.

Then we go home not buying any of it, because we are at the most marginal level of bourgeoisie, precariously close to falling down a class as the truly elite expand their treasuries faster than we can stay relevant to their whims.

• Locked thread