Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Before 2016 i never had to sign in, now i do. now i have to sign in every time there is an update just to nvidia optimize my lovely games.

gently caress you nvidia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I think the guy responsible for this software posts here. (it's not me) lol!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my nvidia drivers for my 1060 on my hackintosh running OS X doesn't require a login. hth?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

akadajet posted:

name and shame

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

akadajet posted:

lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I got a Radeon in part because of GeForce experience

gently caress that noise

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i like the little icon it puts in the corner of my screen no matter what

it also helpfully reminds me of the hotkeys for taking a screencap so that i can share it w/ my friends

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
uninstall the geforce experience. it runs node.js on your computer and has a bunch of documented security flaws. the driver updates will come to you via a separate service when it's not installed.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

cis autodrag posted:

uninstall the geforce experience. it runs node.js on your computer and has a bunch of documented security flaws. the driver updates will come to you via a separate service when it's not installed.

unf but i need to optimize

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I uninstalled it as soon as it asked for a login. just install a new driver when you want to play [newgame] and don't think about it otherwise hth

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

oh no my live shadow instatube streams

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I uninstalled it as soon as it asked for a login. just install a new driver when you want to play [newgame] and don't think about it otherwise hth

but then how will i ever take screenshots of my favorite gaming moments

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

AMD inexplicably has their own version now. (I think. I own a 970)
i don't get it, what is the profit motive here.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

whoa that just popped up on my computer!!

only last week or so after months of ignoring it i actually clicked it to update the driver an yeah, lol, log in. sure ill get right on that

thank you op for reminding me to uninstall this!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I also appreciate the 5 minute ad reel when installing drivers

gently caress you nvidia

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fucktarded windows user honeypot thread

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
mac user: it's actually cool and good that we have only comedy option gpus, lusers

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my 2015 13" mbp drives dual 4k monitors @ 60hz no problem

are you talking about video cards for video games that are for children?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

infernal machines posted:

mac user: it's actually cool and good that we have only comedy option gpus, lusers

:wrong:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you built a pc and put a hacked up linux on it, your judgement is suspect

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

yeah but pascal drivers took a full year to come out
and the xeons on a 2012 are starting to get limiting

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the experience disenfranchised me from my desktop for a couple months

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
do quadros have this now? theyre not geforces

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

SRQ posted:

AMD inexplicably has their own version now. (I think. I own a 970)
i don't get it, what is the profit motive here.

amd's just matching features i guess. their own shadowplay, configuration settings thing, raptr (lol). i remember nvidia bundling xfire years ago

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i want to make a jimi hendrix joke but i can't think of one

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
also shadowplay's "record the last 15 minutes" is pretty cool for when i play fighting games and don't want to go through a multiple hour obs replay and edit out the good parts but that's basically it

if obs could do that i would uninstall the bad thing

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Silver Alicorn posted:

gently caress that noise
was tempted to do this

now i've uninstalled geforce experience & have to remember to uncheck it under advanced install every time i get new drivers

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Silver Alicorn posted:

gently caress that noise
sorry about games running like poo poo

i wouldn't mind an radeon but geforce just works so much better with virtually every game. amd still has problems with some games just making GBS threads the bed and still kind of lovely drivers that may or may not gently caress things up.

it'll generally be fine whichever you get, but you'll run into something that just runs like rear end on amd and wish you went with nvidia. just uninstall gf experience anyways

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
but seriously lol at letting geforce experience ~optimize your games~ instead of just going into the settings in-game & also immediately turning off poo poo like motion blur because gently caress that motion sickness inducing garbage

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i don't really mind motion blur in moderation, but gently caress this console trend of like 60 degree fields of view like looking through a keyhole. that makes me sick.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
ya how is that it even acceptable?

combine egregious head bob, low fog, and motion blur :barf:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
man gently caress video games

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

video games are dumb and bad

thats why i dont care to gently caress around with the settings

Killer Low Life
Sep 6, 2010

It's a bad experience

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the amd one has a bunch of options for amd optimized tessellation and shaders and i'm worried that without it my gaming experience will be unoptimized

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

all of that amd optimization poo poo is in the core driver package this is the thing that reaches in to game config files and modifies them for you along with logging your REP POINTS for however many hours you play for a game

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i feel you op
i put off updating for the last year because every time i am too disgusted to continue. only reason i haven uninsalled is i still want shadowplay

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

all of that amd optimization poo poo is in the core driver package this is the thing that reaches in to game config files and modifies them for you along with logging your REP POINTS for however many hours you play for a game

yeah. there's nvidia control panel (the normal configuration screens + driver) and then theres NVidia Experience(TM) that runs a node.js server on your computer to give you highly advanced features like "button to start recording your games".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
it's ok, node.js is close to the metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
sounds like poo poo mate

• Locked thread