Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

And we formed a new country where we didn't have to pay crazy taxes for things like tires, beer, and smokes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
no the american revolution was about states rights not slavery

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I'm gonna tax dat rear end, OP.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

gary oldmans diary posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It was actually about slavery.

edit: and tea.

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
*Rolls into walmart, triple wide mobility scooter. Takes up a whole loving aisle.*

*Drives his failure carriage into the bakery and just starts gorging on the display stock.*

*Gets a text alert about a new thread in the GBS. Clicks through icing covered fingers and reads thread*

*Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*

*Shoves phone in man cleavage and goes back to stuffing creme filled, chocolate glazed, deep fried cakes into my craw.*

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i never liked crazy taxi

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

i like low tax

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

gently caress that guy

's hardships and adversities

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I would vote for that man.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I was born in the 1980s. So no, I do not remember this OP.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I'm gonna tax dat rear end, OP.

Excuse me but this rear end is doody free.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
pull over that tax too fat

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't mind paying taxes for tires, beer, and smokes now because I get representatives in Congress

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I don't mind paying taxes for tires, beer, and smokes now because I get representatives in Congress

unless you live in DC

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

bossy lady posted:

unless you live in DC

I love all the salty signs and stickers in DC about taxation without representation.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Washington was the wealthiest American president ever. LOL if you think his revolt with his buddies was about taxes and not just cutting Britain out and keeping all that sweet piracy and slavery money.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It wasn't about taxes so much as proper representation in government. If you pay taxes you expect to have some kind of say in how things are run but England just kept dicking them nonstop for no real good reason other than the King was an idiot more interested in sex clubs than in running his empire.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

We would have been so much better off now if we never had a revolution.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's pretty cool how the landed elites decided to wrest control from the state that guaranteed its security for their own gain and then we pretended it had something to do with individual freedom for 241 years. America, lmao

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
If you were still a British colony you'd have single payer healthcare, a devolved parliamentary party system, and multiple-party elections making your democratic process more accountable than it is now, lol.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
did anybody use the cheatcode that let you drive a rickshaw instead?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
the taxes on Americans were so low that the British were still losing money maintaining the colonies but Americans revolted anyway

which is p much peak USA :911: :patriot:

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
canada is probably so goddamned smug about their no revolutionary war and good healthcare and government run by people who aren't cartoon villains

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

pr0p posted:

canada is probably so goddamned smug about their no revolutionary war and good healthcare and government run by people who aren't cartoon villains

Plus they got to burn down the White House.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
i tend to think we'd have turned out a bit more like australia so maybe we should be happy with what we got

even new zealanders are terrified of their women, and thats australia's canada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoF_fa9TMDk

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
also washington may have been a 1 percenter dickhead but at least he had the balls to go into war so i mean, it's not quite the same.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's not why we revolted OP. Read a book you loving retard.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
yeah and now i have to pay for some lady's birth control?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Remember that that time the French cut the heads off of the wealthy bc they didn't care abut anything beyond wealth? Stay tuned for The French Revolution 2, American Boogaloo

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
Uhm weren't they pretty OK with paying taxes but more or less pissed about the lack of representation?

Ignorant americans...

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Remember that that time the French cut the heads off of the wealthy bc they didn't care abut anything beyond wealth? Stay tuned for The French Revolution 2, American Boogaloo

The French Revolution took a turn for the very unfortunate very quickly though it is I think

a poor example

of how one should run a populist democratic revolt.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

And we formed a new country where we didn't have to pay crazy taxes for things like tires, beer, and smokes?

Yes

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The French Revolution took a turn for the very unfortunate very quickly though it is I think

a poor example

i lust for aristocrat death

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
you can't spell shitish without british

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

a poor example

You are correct and I am not calling for revolution. However, the similarities are there. When people are stepped on repeatedly and told "I'm better than you, deal with it" there tend to be consequences.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Im waiting for the government to just say " WELP BOIS IT WAS A GOOD RUN " and we fold back into the united kingdom. The riots when they come to take our guns are going to be iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Remember Glenn Beck and the Tea Party and his creepy 9/12 cult thing? What the gently caress was up with that?

• Locked thread