Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
-

skit herre fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/Bdfx7l4z5cQ

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Hevishot, op.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

just hold this in front of your face lmao

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

https://youtu.be/G-m4_0q9Ftg

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

stop showering OP, then no one will mess with you

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Paint cans tied to the landing with string.
Some tar and a nail.
A tarantula

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
there is a katana thread to inspire you OP.

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012

Do not underestimate power of glorious shovel

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
A katana will do just fine.

I'll let this fine gentleman explain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAkCLpMtjlM

mystery fluid
Feb 12, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
You dont want the bad guy getting close so I would suggest a halberd or a bardiche. Basically any polearm

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

edged weapons are a great way to go directly to jail, you dumb serf.

judging by your repeated posts in The Opioid Megathread and recent announcement that you've fallen off the wagon again, you should seek treatment instead of worrying about protecting your dangerous illegal drugs

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Use your fists like a man.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Won't survive the Chinese shuttlecock front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDjUZUxjeOw

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Throw a handful of fetanyl in the intruders face

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

skit herre posted:

So I want to defend myself and also my home. I want to spend 100 euro maximum. Guns are out of the question

If necessary I would be willing to have 2 devices - one for defending my home and one to conveniently carry around but also defend myself.

By defending myself I mean I want to incapacitate or kill anyone who attacks me or wants to do me wrong?

Are there any worthwhile sword-like knives (as in at least 20cm blade ) for under 100Euro (20-50€ would be even better)Ä? How are bats in self-defense? I was also wondering about spear-like objects. I don't care much about how it is looking but I want to have the highest chance to kill/incapacitate a bad guy should I have to.

Airguns over 7.5joule or other such trickery are sadly legally also not allowed.

I have 3 pepper sprays but I feel like I would just hu+rt myself with it.

Although all of this might seem to be a bit weirdly written to you I am totally serious and I will buy some self-defense device over Amazon tonight. Oh I forgot, Prime delivery would be greatly appreciated.

I Just want to survive any attacks.

/e: I just remembered my dad gave me a hatchet some time ago. Maybe if I wrap the grip duct tape that be an acceptable alternative until I have finally found a suitable self-defense device.

Entrenching tool. Smash intruders head in, bury him in the flowerpatch. It folds.

naem
May 29, 2011

:agreed:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

skit herre posted:

So I want to defend myself and also my home. I want to spend 100 euro maximum. Guns are out of the question

Lmao I feel so so loving bad for you

:911:

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Is mace legal where you are? That's probably the best option along with a baseball or cricket bat.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

a chainsaw is pretty intimidating

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
definitely buy a real big knife op, they're way safer and easier to use than pepper spray

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

epsilon posted:

Is mace legal where you are? That's probably the best option along with a baseball or cricket bat.

Lmao I doubt anything more dangerous than paper is legal there

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
given where you live, you are likely to be prosecuted more heavily for defending yourself from a crazed attacker than the crazed attacker will be for attacking you

ergo your best self defence tool is signed lease for somewhere far away from whoever you feel threatened by

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
$50 prison shivs

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A gun would be the best option.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

AK-47 OP.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

skit herre posted:

/e: I just remembered my dad gave me a hatchet some time ago. Maybe if I wrap the grip duct tape that be an acceptable alternative until I have finally found a suitable self-defense device.

Please restore this and treat it right. A little sandpaper and boiled linseed oil can do it.
How sharp is it? Is the head still tight to the handle?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

fidget spinner moving at 10,000 RPM thanks to portable air compressor

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Show them your post history

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

walgreenslatino posted:

judging by your repeated posts in The Opioid Megathread and recent announcement that you've fallen off the wagon again, you should seek treatment instead of worrying about protecting your dangerous illegal drugs

This is getting interesting

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

they can be pretty dangerous

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Just so you know if you stab an intruder with a knife or hit them with a bat you keep specifically for home defense you're pretty likely to be charged with assault with a weapon or manslaughter if you kill the guy. Because the law is stupid and protects people that break into houses.

But big heavy as gently caress maglights, OTOH, are very good at illuminating your surroundings if you hear something go bump at night and if it just so happens that there's an intruder and you cave their skull in with your flashlight well, there was an intruder and you feared for your immediate safety and just reacted :shrug:

ProSlayer
Aug 11, 2008

Hi friend
your personality should be a sufficient self defense tool

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

OP i might suggest that your conduct and attitude will be enough of a self defense people you are horrible!!!!

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
In most euro countries you are going to want a plausible self defense weapon that you selected in panic and totally didn't keep there for self defense. Baseball bat if you don't play baseball is bad.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

FASTER! :catstare:

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

walgreenslatino posted:

you are actually right gonna do a babnme

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
BAN ME

I actually wanted this thread to be kind of ironic, but then I thought how fast ironic obsession for self defense items can creep in to your life and man, my life is hosed up enough already.

skit herre fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 7, 2017

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I think those collapsible batons are kind of neat. ive seen 2 separate women on tv use them and they look cool. maybe also get mace? Then combo attack.

For the home: a dog. or i guess a good security system. it wont help in the moment but at least someone will know you need help. then use mace + stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
What do you think about something like this

https://www.amazon.de/Kampfmesser-L...rds=kampfmesser

I mean it's super cheap but I don't want to rebuild civilization with it. (also that would of course be a plus if necessary)

Is this just to small? I really don't know how big to go? Also I am thinking about cold steel machetes because they are big and cheap but can you even stab with them?

I have a history of buying stuff goons tell me, including some weird african whip - so please give sound advice here.

Some spear type object would probably be good but rather cumbersome indoor. Man, I will need half a dozen if not more specialized tools just because you can't get a gun here.

https://www.amazon.de/Cold-Steel-97DRMS-Coldsteel-Cutlass/dp/B006YBY91K/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1499538517&sr=8-7&keywords=cold+steel+machete

this seems like a lot of bang for your buck. but is this super flexible metal that's useless in a stab attack?

skit herre fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 8, 2017

• Locked thread