Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

quote:

A heartbroken musician has set up a piano in the centre of Bristol and vowed to play non-stop until the love of his life returns to him.

Luke Howard began playing his piano on College Green on Saturday morning, and said it was his ‘last throw of the dice’ to win back the heart of the girl who changed his life.

The 34-year-old from Bath said he didn’t know what the woman, who he wouldn’t name but referred to as his ‘Rapunzel’, would do when she saw he was doing the piano stunt, but he just wanted to ‘let her know just how much I love her’.

The pair recently split up after a four-month relationship, and the break-up has left him devastated.

“It wasn’t anything nasty or bad, it was just life getting in the way.

"If it was anything bad why we split up then I wouldn’t be doing this, but it’s the only thing I can think of doing,” he said. “It just seems life just got in our way.

“It may sound whimsical but she completely changed my life. My entire world shifted.

“I know people in my situation will send flowers or text or write letters but that only ever seems to make things worse. I wanted to do something that she might see, to let her know how much I love her, that she can see it and then take it or leave it,” he added.

Mr Howard said he had no idea there was Bristol’s biggest protest in a generation planned for midday on Saturday – around an hour after he began playing – on College Green, but said he would carry on regardless.

“I’m just going to play. I was totally devastated and didn’t know what to do. The more I thought the worse it became and the only thing I could think to was play.

“I don’t know what will happen. She’s a very organised person, very practical and I’m just trying to show her I’m really serious about us. It’s a kind of off-the-cuff thing, and I just want her to know how much I love her, to give us a chance rather than leave it there. I’m not ready to throw in the towel just yet.”

Luke has set up a Facebook page for his quest – called ‘For Love’ – and has vowed to play until he can play no more, whether that is days or weeks, or until his ex sees and gets in touch.

“I’ll have a little sign up explaining why I’m doing it, and actually the fact this rally is going on might help get the word out,” he added.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/heartbroken-man-starts-playing-piano-450378

It's totally cool that a grown-rear end man refers to a grown-rear end woman he dated for four months (four months!) as his "Rapunzel" and "the love of his life" and does a twee stunt to pressure her into taking him back. It's especially cool that he's using a protest about real issues to as an opportunity to promote himself on Facebook.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEPV4kolz0

E2: UPDATE - Weenus stopped playing after realizing he was an embarrassment, but not before getting punched in the head:
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/uk/bristol-piano-player-got-punched-head-thats-not-stopped-playing/
Thank you sierramike76 for the tip!

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nothing like publicly shaming a woman in to taking you back

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I hope he gets caught up in all the stick time with the protestors

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I hope he livestreams his lovely cover imagine being beaten out of him. Can you read sheet music when pepper sprayed?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope someone smashes his piano

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Blast of Confetti posted:

nothing like harassing a woman in to taking you back

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

That looks like a pretty sick piano. He could probably sell it for a good bit and buy a guitar to get girls like a slightly more normal awkward person

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don't know dude the media world right now is p much the equivalent of a bunch of people getting on megaphones and shouting "I am a retard" and expecting something from people, but they don't know what this is or what they want it to be, they just want it to be something.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
there's already an incel thread op

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
that dude is seriously hot, it's too bad he's a total creepass

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
lol 4 months. Looks fake tho

e: watch I bet she'll soon come back to him as is dictated in the script

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Everything about this is normal creepy attachment except comparing her to Rapunzel, who uses that as their go-to princess comparison?

e: well its not normal but these days the scale is off

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I predict she reluctantly goes back to him only to be strangled to death with her own hair.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i feel rly bad for that woman

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
do you think hes going to murder her or himself when she tells him hes a loving creep

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Man does obnoxious thing because he knows it will get press.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
No dignity. No self respect.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Are all the arrangements one-handed?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How romantic.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

YeahTubaMike posted:

Also he uses the word "whimsical."

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
i want to torture that artist

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
loled at weenus

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Only the Brits would think this is cute and not the actions of a brainbent child looking for mommy

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A four month relationship? either this dude was already nuts or she must have have sucked his dick so good it broke his brain

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
its weird but its not as if he setup shop in front of her house to have randos at her door all day and night

will he play requests and is he any good?

Away all Goats posted:

A four month relationship? either this dude was already nuts or she must have have sucked his dick so good it broke his brain

:goonsay:

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I hope he passes out from exhaustion and a chav nicks his mobile.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

reminds me of the WW2 story where they capture an SS guy that knows how to play the piano. They tell him he can play the piano one more time, but when he finishes they'll shoot him. Anyway he plays non-stop for a couple days, then stops because exhaustion and he gots shot.

twerkyoulater
May 1, 2007
fucking gary

mike12345 posted:

reminds me of the WW2 story where they capture an SS guy that knows how to play the piano. They tell him he can play the piano one more time, but when he finishes they'll shoot him. Anyway he plays non-stop for a couple days, then stops because exhaustion and he gots shot.

doubt he'll get shot in england but there's a high chance of a beating before he stops out of exhaustion

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

hot dudes that are still somehow unattractive weirdos are grosser than ugly weirdos because you have to be so much worse proportionately to have no one want to be with you

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

If you watch the video, it sounds like he's in the middle of a park full of other people tuning up, so not really a huge display

e: I think "weenus" is a good description, OP

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pththya-lyi posted:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/heartbroken-man-starts-playing-piano-450378

It's totally cool that a grown-rear end man refers to a grown-rear end woman he dated for four months (four months!) as his "Rapunzel" and "the love of his life" and does a twee stunt to pressure her into taking him back. It's especially cool that he's using a protest about real issues to as an opportunity to promote himself on Facebook.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEPV4kolz0

Who cares OP? I was engaged to my wife of 5 years in under 8 months of dating granted we had a 2 year engagement period to make sure we were compatible but come on

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
dude looks kinda old to be trying to rock the whimsical "I haven't got a haircut in months" look while wooing coeds with his musical talent

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bristol is a magnet for insufferable art and music types and as such is best avoided.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
There never was a girlfriend.

twerkyoulater
May 1, 2007
fucking gary

Butternubs posted:

There never was a girlfriend.

this is actually totally plausible since the thing he's gaining the most out of right now is media exposure

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

kecske posted:

Bristol is a magnet for insufferable art and music types and as such is best avoided.

This is so true.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Ocrassus posted:

This is so true.

Ocrassus

who are you?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I'm the 34 year old dude trying to publicly pressure a college student into sleeping with me.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm the 34 year old dude trying to publicly pressure a college student into sleeping with me.

well good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

I was a college student once but I don't know if I want to sleep with you yet. stats?

• Locked thread