Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i made a game that is about designing computers. it is like the zachtronic games, except that human beings might actually finish it.

buy my game. post about my game and zachtronic games and other things in this thread. this thread is Mod Approved, so there is an extremely real chance that you will be :siren: Banned :siren: if you do not do this immediately!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

just loving bsn me tben

pram
Jun 10, 2001
$15 lol

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

that looks cool op. puzzle games that are close to real work and simulation scratch a sperg itch well.

unrelated but for "games that are about computers", are there any that feature a fully fledged OS or a decent simulation of one in game? I can't imagine the general appeal of traversing a unix network for info or something, but I'm pretty ignorant of the indie market

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Ahhh it's been a long day at work doing computer stuff for 8 hours. Time to unwind *plays videogame about computer stuff*

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5-LIvWlkdQ

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

This is a p-fun game with a novel concept. The mechanics aren't particularly deep, but it's pretty fun and challenging. Well worth the :10bux:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can you give out vouchers for the cool cats in yospos

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
is it anything like "Hacker" from Activision

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
i'll check out your game in the AM, OP. 👍

speaking of zachtronics, LOL that they ported the Solitaire mini-game in Shenzhen IO to MS-DOS

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Doc Block posted:

i'll check out your game in the AM, OP. 👍

speaking of zachtronics, LOL that they ported the Solitaire mini-game in Shenzhen IO to MS-DOS

they should do what was done in that era and hire a couple of contractors to do ST, Amiga, and Mac versions based on their DOS codebase

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

good poo poo op. a game that is work

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

OldAlias posted:

that looks cool op. puzzle games that are close to real work and simulation scratch a sperg itch well.

unrelated but for "games that are about computers", are there any that feature a fully fledged OS or a decent simulation of one in game? I can't imagine the general appeal of traversing a unix network for info or something, but I'm pretty ignorant of the indie market

uplink had a cool albeit really simple computer that you ran. the conceit is that you remote into a machine that you can upgrade, and do Hacking Missions

you could upgrade your computer with explosives and your room with security cams, so that if you hosed up badly enough and got raided you could blow it up and buy a new one, instead of being arrested by the feds

also congrats on making Computer Spacechem op i might buy it when it's on sale

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

not early access. i'm impressed.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

op i played the demo. p deece

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

OldAlias posted:

theres a game called "a normal lost phone" where u, like, explore a phone to find out what happened to some missing dude

or some poo poo idk i havent played it i just heard

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

pony up

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

rule 36 bicth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my future is so uncertain. trying to keep living costs down

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
:buddy:

nice op! i was playing some tis-100 just now actually

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
I purchased you're game, OP

It's p dece, H T H

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my 'tism has officially been tickled. i built a multiplier:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i am getting extremely hosed up by threes

oh nope i mjustdumb

Bloody fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 24, 2017

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

pram posted:

$15 lol

pixels don't grow on trees, pal

eschaton posted:

is it anything like "Hacker" from Activision

absolutely not. cool cover art tho

rear end posted:

Ahhh it's been a long day at work doing computer stuff for 8 hours. Time to unwind *plays videogame about computer stuff*

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Doc Block posted:

I purchased you're game, OP

It's p dece, H T H

Bloody posted:

i am getting extremely hosed up by threes

oh nope i mjustdumb

ty both! making a p. deece two figgies thanks to players like yall

most people get hosed up by threes, it's a real 'brain teaser'. i'd originally rated it two-stars difficult, but players complained...

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i will buy the game op when i wake up

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i need something that isnt fighting games to distract me from fighting games

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
This game made my brain explode. I can't figure out the alternator so 🖕 F U OP 🖕 (j/k love this game)

ozymandOS
Jun 9, 2004
release it for linux op

ps manufactoria owned

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

games w/ computers as ui:
her story
stories untold
talos principle (worst part tho)
that first really bad matrix game

this looks fun and i will buy it when i finish the other 300 puzzle games i own on steam and havent played

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

eversion posted:

release it for linux op

ps manufactoria owned

working on it, and ty

Breakfast All Day posted:

this looks fun and i will buy it when i finish the other 300 puzzle games i own on steam and havent played

:rip:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

her story
stories untold

in talos principal you play as computer. its a really good game.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Shaggar posted:

in talos principal you play as computer. its a really good game.

i really liked how elegant that game's puzzles were... if it was possible to do something in that game, some cool trick or minimal way to solve a puzzle, that was probably required for some optional objective or secret or something. really missed that in the next puzzle game i played!

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
op I haven't played the game yet but I wanted to say I love ur av

her story
stories untold

analog: a hate story

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

her story
stories untold

uplink

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

A Pinball Wizard posted:

op I haven't played the game yet but I wanted to say I love ur av

ty! someone made it for me to replace my old "satya nadella as kirby" av. a little confused about how i ended up with that one but life is a mystery

A Pinball Wizard posted:

analog: a hate story

likewise, digital: a love story (good) and replica (poo poo).

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i did not liketalos principle

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I bought the silicone heroes game but instead of playing it, I set up facetracknoir w/ a ps3 eye I just picked up

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

in deus ex you go on the computer a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
in a deu sex ending, you download computer ai into you're brain!

• Locked thread