Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
today I made microwave popcorn and I thought that it popped perfectly, without an unpopped kernel in there and not at all overdone

like, what are the chances of that happening? does that happen?

but then I finished it and there were some unpopped pieces that I didn't see when I bowled it

but only a few

FIN

ps today I learned that garlic powder on popcorn is fucken amazing, no need to overdo it on the red pepper/cayenne/ etc

how do you like yrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I like popping kettle corn

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I like orville redenbachers naturals simply salted, Bad Titty Puker.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i ain't never heard of bad titties

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Is it true that the bags have a chemical that will KILL you?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we had a popcorn popping machine when i was a kid

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

we had a popcorn popping machine when i was a kid

A co-worker got his hands on an actual movie theater popcorn maker and brought it into work. We bought seeds, oil, salt, and little bags. It was amazing. Fresh popcorn every day. I got pretty drat good at it. One day the machine broke. We figured out what was wrong and the replacement part cost almost as much as a new machine. A sad day indeed.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
if u wanna make popcorn like at the movies then use coconut oil

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I bought microwavable cheese flavored pop corn because hey that sounds good but it came in like, a giant box pack and after having a few bags of it I was like "Man I'm sick of cheese flavored pop corn!" and now I don't like it anymore and I got a bunch left! What's up with that OP?!

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

i ain't never heard of bad titties

Have you not seen the Tonya Harding sex tape?

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat

quote:

I bought microwavable cheese flavored pop corn because hey that sounds good but it came in like, a giant box pack and after having a few bags of it I was like "Man I'm sick of cheese flavored pop corn!" and now I don't like it anymore and I got a bunch left! What's up with that OP?!

you got to level up

do the plain stuff and add yr own cheese or no cheese and what not

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I dump my microwaved popcorn in a bowl and do that lizard tongue thing like a goddamn garbage troll.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
TIP:

gently massage the bag before microwaving, this lets more butter cover each kernel, and less butter left on the bag for you to lick off while clients watch

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Supreme Allah posted:

TIP:

gently massage the bag before microwaving, this lets more butter cover each kernel, and less butter left on the bag for you to lick off while clients watch

turn the empty bag inside out and wear it like a salty glove to lick it

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Shove the package up your rear end for extra flavor

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i make popcorn from scratch in a pot in under 2 mins from begining to end. the butter melts in the microwave in a perfectly timed choreography. u dumbshits

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Y'all need to rediscover those Jiffy Pop stovetop popcorn thingies.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

Shove the package up your rear end for extra flavor

i find this overpowering. just rub it over the opening of the anus to get the earthy 'truffle' notes.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Scathach posted:

Y'all need to rediscover those Jiffy Pop stovetop popcorn thingies.

I havent seen those in years

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
corn kernels, a bit of oil, put them in with the lid on then over a high heat then wait till theyre all popped and shake everynow and then to stop burning.it takes 90 seconds. microwave some butter in the microwave and pour it over afterwards,with a little salt. u can make shitloads for practically nothing. its not filled with volatile gases and pesticides like the bag stuff u greasy mittenhanded blubber chodes horf down

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Haverchuck posted:

I havent seen those in years

I was surprised to find them at Walmart. My fiance loves the things.

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
I have a bag of this stuff, just need a pot / lid to cook it up

it touts itself as the world's best, I'll be the judge of that

"Extremely thin hull disintegrates when popped (no popcorn is truly hulless or it won't pop) "

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I bought a hot air popper and a bottle of popcorn flavoring stuff and it's 100 times better than in a microwave. And it basically takes the same amount of time to pop.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ur all buying premade stuff and gimmick applicances and im booting a head of corn around the room until it pops for half the price,eating it like fairy floss straight from the cob. u dumb shits

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
Have you tried holding the unpopped kernels in a spoon over an open flame? I have not personally, but it seems like it might work. If I get a chance to do it I'll report back.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I just eat the unpopped kernels

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

We Know Catheters posted:

I just eat the unpopped kernels

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
try kettle korn it's sweet as krap

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You know what I figured out? It takes the same amount of time to pop it on the stove. :chef:

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Jeff Sichoe posted:

try kettle korn it's sweet as krap

Kettle corn is trash

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I bought a hot air popper and a bottle of popcorn flavoring stuff and it's 100 times better than in a microwave. And it basically takes the same amount of time to pop.

I have a hot air popper, too. It makes popcorn that doesn't make me feel awful after eating it. I use butter, though. I haven't liked any of the popcorn toppings that I've tried.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
id pop microwaves mom

The General
Mar 4, 2007

let it mellow posted:

id pop microwaves mom

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
I worked at an apartment complex and I found a whole case of microwave popcorn tucked away in a cabinet. Bought for some marketing event. It was almost a year out of date.

I took it home and popped a bag. Almost the whole bag popped, but not into the big fluffballs you normally get. They popped into small, dense, crunchy, buttery, salty basically corn nuts but fresh and without requiring dental insurance.

It was amazing.

Old microwave popcorn is the best.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The ONE weird food secret ONE weird trick to weight gain: sprinkle brewer's yeast on your popcorn

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Bad Titty Puker posted:

today I made microwave popcorn and I thought that it popped perfectly, without an unpopped kernel in there and not at all overdone

I think that is a lie

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

i often get those dome shaped translucent brown hulls shoved right into the gumline behind my upper incisors

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I make my popcorn in a pot on the stove like true badass.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Pawn 17 posted:

I make my popcorn in a pot on the stove like true badass.

god drat right :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
PROTIP: buy some nori to crumple/rip and sprinkle over your popcorn, however you make it, to elevate your snack to another level

• Locked thread