Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Like, I don't know how I could put up with receiving little to no respect. It's as if the man, despite himself just couldn't garner any respect whatsoever. At some point that has to, like, change a man. Change him into an animal. Do you think when he looked in the mirror he liked what he saw? DO YOU!? Well you'd be wrong.

I mean, think about what it must be like to have the entire world basically say to you, "you are crass and deserving of very little respect." I can just imagine poor Rodney sitting there staring at his reflection in a rain puddle, "no respect, no respect, no respect..." But do any of you even care? Did you even once ask him if he was okay? If he needed anything? Well, I'll tell you what he needed, just a little loving respect.

The man went to Carnegie Melon and for some reason he is treated like a rube. He specifically went back to school to get respect and look what he gets instead. loving laughing. IT'S NOT loving FUNNY, PEOPLE! This is a man who was in deep loving pain and all he needed from you was respect. Just the tiniest loving fraction of decency and kindness. You. You people are the real monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I always thought he was a cool guy, but the joke needs to be updated for the current day

As such I present my idea for a great new comedian: Rodney Dangercuck, with hilarious punchline, "gently caress my wife, please; without a condom!"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
You can't tell me that is the face of a man who hasn't stared down into the abyss at least once or twice. Perhaps once night after drinking a bottle of cheap scotch he just starts alternating between cackling like a madman and sobbing like a child. The glint of the blued steel barrel of the shotgun hung above the mantel catches his eyes. He knows what he must do.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
"Take my life PLEASE"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gay Weed Dad posted:

"Take my life PLEASE"

:pusheen:

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
"No respect, no respect I tells ya"
*puts mouth on gun*
*phone rings*
"Again with the lack of respect, it is too much :("

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

NOT loving FUNNY!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i watched caddyshack for the first time recently and i was very surprised to find that a) rodney dangerfield was hilarious in it and b) most of the rest was just a dull teen summer movie. so, i guess i'm gonna go watch his movies now.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i watched caddyshack for the first time recently and i was very surprised to find that a) rodney dangerfield was hilarious in it and b) most of the rest was just a dull teen summer movie. so, i guess i'm gonna go watch his movies now.

He wasn't supposed to have such a huge roll in the movie but he was killing it on set so they gave him more parts. Ted Knight couldn't stand him and got mad that screen time was taken from him.

Also Rodney was a HUGE pothead

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
he wasn't that overweight jeez

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Gay Weed Dad posted:

"Take my life PLEASE"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Bonzo posted:

He wasn't supposed to have such a huge roll in the movie but he was killing it on set so they gave him more parts. Ted Knight couldn't stand him and got mad that screen time was taken from him.

The fact that Judge Smales hated Rodney in real life makes the movie even funnier.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWzI_Wn0ZwM

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
being that he is/was? a comedian - yes

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bonzo posted:

Hah, that's awesome (on both counts.) That gets him mad respect from me.

oh gently caress I just accidentally destroyed his schtick, sorry man :smith:

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

You may think the recent revelations about sexual predators are the real secret about Hollywood. You'd be wrong. The real secret about Hollywood is Rodney Dangerfield was widely respected, had loving relationships, and was treated kindly by others.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:stare:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

late80s.mpeg

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Literally A Person posted:

Like, I don't know how I could put up with receiving little to no respect. It's as if the man, despite himself just couldn't garner any respect whatsoever. At some point that has to, like, change a man. Change him into an animal. Do you think when he looked in the mirror he liked what he saw? DO YOU!? Well you'd be wrong.

I mean, think about what it must be like to have the entire world basically say to you, "you are crass and deserving of very little respect." I can just imagine poor Rodney sitting there staring at his reflection in a rain puddle, "no respect, no respect, no respect..." But do any of you even care? Did you even once ask him if he was okay? If he needed anything? Well, I'll tell you what he needed, just a little loving respect.

The man went to Carnegie Melon and for some reason he is treated like a rube. He specifically went back to school to get respect and look what he gets instead. loving laughing. IT'S NOT loving FUNNY, PEOPLE! This is a man who was in deep loving pain and all he needed from you was respect. Just the tiniest loving fraction of decency and kindness. You. You people are the real monsters.

I was under the impression that most well-known comedians had a problem with suicidal ideation.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

He tried to kill himself over and over but kept coming out alive.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Rodney had a huge penis, so the answer to the op is no

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Even death didn't respect him

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
btw Guy Fieri is a huge Rodney Dangerfield fan

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Me too except gay also

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If he survived Rover Dangerfield, he could survive anything.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

btw Guy Fieri is a huge Rodney Dangerfield fan

yeah, that makes sense. no one has ever respected guy fieri.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yeah, that makes sense. no one has ever respected guy fieri.

It's like a loving ethic for the poor guy.

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007
*In Rodney voice*
My brother in law is so stupid, see, the first thing on his bucket list was suicide.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Easy Money is so good

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Lupin posted:

*In Rodney voice*
My brother in law is so stupid, see, the first thing on his bucket list was suicide.

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lupin posted:

*In Rodney voice*

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Hey, everybody! We're all gonna get laid!

*quietly ducks away to cry in a bathroom corner*

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bonzo posted:

To be fair, Ted Knight is hilarious as well. YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm so fuckin high right now. it's ridiculous

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

What are you retarded?? Everyone knows that all the people in Mr Dangerfield's community held the man in the highest esteem... I mean talk about a man who was honored. It was all he ever talked about.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Rodney Dangerfield owns. Gonna watch some of his standup now. Thanks op.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dog Jones posted:

What are you retarded?? Everyone knows that all the people in Mr Dangerfield's community held the man in the highest esteem... I mean talk about a man who was honored. It was all he ever talked about.

I even think his catch phrase was something like "I love getting all this respect" or, "I'd like to thank everyone for all the respect they show me"... this thread couldnt be further from the truth

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dog Jones posted:

I even think his catch phrase was something like "I love getting all this respect" or, "I'd like to thank everyone for all the respect they show me"

:eyepop:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGvnHvba_b0

Good old Rodney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

To be fair, Ted Knight is hilarious as well. YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!

He is. Too Close for Comfort is just Ted Knight being Ted Knight.

Also lol at using Jackie Mason in Caddyshack 2. That movie is terrible.

• Locked thread