Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/939014159726870530

This is one of the most disturbing things I’ve seen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.76a4e2338ad7

The police officer was acquitted despite his clear antagonism of a man who’s scared that he might die.

He’s got a mod on his gun that says “You’re hosed.” This was blocked from being presented to the jury.

The jury did see this video and then voted that the officer was not guilty. There’s been no outrage from any prominent police departments, no protests from cops about this miscarriage of justice.

This should be a line in the sand. This is where America needs to be forced to look and not just turn away. Police need to held accountable at a meaningful level. What good are body cams if cops are still murdering citizens with no repercussions?

Anyone who thinks this was justified or carried out in an acceptable manor can get hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Turns out the people who really want a job where you put yourself into scenarios where you can shoot people and get away with it are the last people you want in that kind-of job. Food for thought.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Ground floor in another gbs cop thread :cop:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm glad the good guy with a gun won.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Keep in mind that they’re supposedly on edge because of whatever threat there may be in the room, and then they just stand in front of the door like goobers while struggling w the lock.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Jesus loving christ. :smithicide:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

It's really bad

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
The shooting

:nws:
https://gfycat.com/AnguishedAnchoredAsiaticmouflon

He probably shouldn't have put his hand to his waist if he didn't want to get shot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WickedSKS
Dec 8, 2007
he did reach for his waistband...

still, 'you're hosed' and all that

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

WickedSKS posted:

he did reach for his waistband...

yea im sure he was reaching for a pistol so that he could kill all of the officers surrounding him with rifles while crawling on the ground crying

america is stupid and americans are stupid

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Poetic Justice posted:

The shooting

He probably shouldn't have put his hand to his waist if he didn't want to get shot

After being told to crawl while keeping his arms up. Likely had baggy pants. Cop screamed multiple times to not talk. There was no way he wasn’t going to get shot.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That video is incredibly hosed up. The kid is crying and openly pleading for his life and in panic mode. gently caress all police.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Remember folks-- conflict de-escalation training is for pussies, faggots, and foreigners. If you aren't doing straight-up Judge Dredd roleplay at all times you aren't a real cop.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Poetic Justice posted:

The shooting

Lol how can you defend this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that cop straight up murdered someone but blue lives matter so its cool

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

The shooting

What a surprise to see you here. How do you have free time to post when you're spending all your time on your knees licking boots?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

gently caress all police.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Like clockwork people suggest what an unarmed civilian who was trying to comply should have done to avoid being murdered by people with training. It doesn't matter that he reached for his waistband because the entire situation was continually escalated by police. He was begging for his life but they kept getting louder, then they threatened to kill him. Every step of the way, these officers made a violent outcome more likely.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sintax posted:

yea im sure he was reaching for a pistol so that he could kill all of the officers surrounding him with rifles while crawling on the ground crying

america is stupid and americans are stupid
Blue Lives Matter

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tolkien minority posted:

poetic justice is a consistent piece of poo poo wherever he posts

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
what even can you say at this point besides gently caress the police?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
this video ruined my day.

but at least I didn't get murdered by some dickhead cop.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I wouldn't mind or feel bad for a second if someone crubstomped this cop's face until it was goo.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

eonwe posted:

poetic justice is a consistent piece of poo poo wherever he posts

Also, in every moment of his miserable hosed up life

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Boywhiz88 posted:

After being told to crawl while keeping his arms up. Likely had baggy pants. Cop screamed multiple times to not talk. There was no way he wasn’t going to get shot.

Tolkien minority posted:

It's super dark but I think I see the outline of the argument they might have used to get the cop off-- he told the kid that if he had to fall, then to fall on his face with his arms up; deviation from that command instituted a split-second decision of whether the non-compliance was based in fear or retaliation, thus the shooting was within alignment of the parameters the commanding officer set for the room.

Of course the kid was loving hysterically crying and terrified, but y'know... "could have had a bomb up his rear end" or w/e :jerkbag:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
That's not right.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Do not speak to cops or help them in any fashion. If you ever get called for jury duty, never vote guilty for anything. When cops commit crimes against the people, kidnap them and hang them in abandoned warehouses, and let rats eat their corpses.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

also don't forget this wouldn't have happened if he was white

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

It's super dark but I think I see the outline of the argument they might have used to get the cop off-- he told the kid that if he had to fall, then to fall on his face with his arms up; deviation from that command instituted a split-second decision of whether the non-compliance was based in fear or retaliation, thus the shooting was within alignment of the parameters the commanding officer set for the room.

No, it happened because the cop's dick was hard for murder and there's nothing that guy could have done to live.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I mean it's pretty clear when you watch the gif that the dude makes a reaching movement towards his waistband immediately before he was shot, I dont know what else more to say.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I think the best irony is that he would have a better chance of survival by not listening to the officer

if he just stood on his knees with his hands up ignoring further orders he would still be alive

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016

mind the walrus posted:

It's super dark but I think I see the outline of the argument they might have used to get the cop off-- he told the kid that if he had to fall, then to fall on his face with his arms up.

Isn't putting your hand out while falling a bit of an instinct?

"DON'T DO THIS THING HUMANS ARE PROGRAMED TO DO OR I WILL MURDER YOU!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lemming posted:

No, it happened because the cop's dick was hard for murder and there's nothing that guy could have done to live.

RobotDogPolice posted:

I said the argument, not the reality. Law isn't about facts. It's about what you can prove. It's fundamentally similar to covering your rear end by making a CC: of all your emails to HR-- "but I followed procedure!" only in this case a loving kid got shot.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol what a loving pussy bitch baby way to go

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

My favorite part was the cops gun he literally modified to say "you're hosed" on it lol

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
God drat, how the gently caress did he get off 100%? I don't understand that at all. Even if he did reach for his waistband, you see him with his hand WAY OUT in front of him WITHOUT anything in it.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

RobotDogPolice posted:

He didn't put his arms out, he brings his right arm to his waistband right before the officer shot him.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016

Poetic Justice posted:

I mean it's pretty clear when you watch the gif that the dude makes a reaching movement towards his waistband immediately before he was shot, I dont know what else more to say.

And it's pretty clear if you listen to the audio that he was scared and confused.

Poetic Justice posted:

He didn't put his arms out, he brings his right arm to his waistband right before the officer shot him.

Did you hear the audio? He was told a number of contradictory things. He was told to cross his feet, crawl forward, and not to touch the ground if he fell.

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 9, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I said the argument, not the reality. Law isn't about facts. It's about what you can prove.

No it's not. He's a cop, so he doesn't get convicted. See Poetic Justice for the viewpoint of "cops can do no wrong, therefore my eyes are lying to me, now excuse me while I find more dog poo poo to eat" that is endemic here in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

mind the walrus posted:

Turns out the people who really want a job where you put yourself into scenarios where you can shoot people and get away with it are the last people you want in that kind-of job. Food for thought.

but simultaneously, those are the only people qualified to have and carry firearms

• Locked thread