Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Remember Sriracha? For a while there, the whole internet was going crazy ga-ga for hot Vietnamese cock. There were foodie articles worshiping it, unfunny Oatmeal comics, people were putting it on chips and ice cream and condom flavorings like it was the best thing ever.

Then everyone turned on it, because it was too popular to be fun anymore.

Well, I want the straight dope. Hit me with your opinions. Is Sriracha good or not?

Personally, I think it sucks. It has way too much sugar and the flavor is dull and overpowering. Now, Nando's, that's a good sauce for your business. It's citric and lively.

Thank you for posting about hot sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sriracha is good sauce. Trying to meme over a condiment though is really lame and reserved for American fatties.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

its ok but Tapatio is better and its like 80 cents

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

it's a handy condiment for making boring poo poo palatable and I think at least partly due to 'meme' it's available fuckin everywhere now

a basic tasty sauce shouldn't be that big of a deal but white people food needed this ok

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Not a huge fan of sweet so I never really like Sriracha

Tom Gorman posted:

its ok but Tapatio is better and its like 80 cents
:yeah:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Drogo posted:

it's a handy condiment for making boring poo poo palatable and I think at least partly due to 'meme' it's available fuckin everywhere now

a basic tasty sauce shouldn't be that big of a deal but white people food needed this ok

White people ruin everything

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

White people steal everything and it's the loving best :smugdog:

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Sirracha's good on pizza. IDK if it's good on anything else because the earthy flavor is really nasty to me if it's not paired with something else.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Sriracha is a good hot sauce to put on most things. It's fine. I like it. But Valentina Black Label is like $1 for a huge bottle and is a great hot sauce to put on most things.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Saint Drogo posted:

White people steal everything and it's the loving best :smugdog:
It actually is p. cool sometimes because white people are scary good at marketing.

And this stuff is great with a bland white-people sandwich:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

too sweet. hot sauce should be vinegary

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

poo poo man it's almost like some sauces are good on some things and other sauces are good on other things because they're made to taste different!

Who the gently caress comes up with this confusing poo poo!!!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tabasco, man.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Just depends what you like.

Most hot sauces people try to compare are very different to each other, different recipes and tastes.

Comparing them is pointless.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Just depends what you like.

Most hot sauces people try to compare are very different to each other, different recipes and tastes.

Comparing them is pointless.

i like tobasco, original flavor.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Too spicy.
I rub raw egg whites on everything for a little pizzaz.

Everything.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I like the green Tabasco but you never see it anywhere so it's been awhile since I've had it.

Well thank you all for coming to my lecture this morning.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

I like the green Tabasco but you never see it anywhere so it's been awhile since I've had it.

Well thank you all for coming to my lecture this morning.

the green one has a tang. the black one is smoky. original is.... classic, you loving bitch

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I like that institutional hot sauce you got in school to put on your jamaican beef patties and also at the roller rink to put on you jamaican beef patties; it comes in these

or sometimes these but you can tell its not mustard because it looks darker

I bet you get to have it every day in jail

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Go there and find out

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

Go there and find out

i want to eat your soft craps

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Orkin Mang posted:

i want to eat your soft craps

The restraining order says no but my heart says yes

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The correct answer is "chili oil."

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I accidentally bought a sriracha that was made with fish juice one time and it was loving disgusting

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Sambal Oelek. Buy a jar, and forget you ever made this thread.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bastard Tetris posted:

Yeah that's some pretty decent stuff right there

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Sriracha is ok but it has a narrow range of stuff it's good on. I use it to give my sammiches a kick when I forget to restock the spicy mustard. My bottle is 10 years old and half empty.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Sriracha is a meh overly sugary sauce that is only worshipped by people who think straying away from oregano and garlic salt is daring. If you properly spice your poo poo from the beginning you almost never want a bottled sauce

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hot sauce is great for healthy eating. Just steam some broccoli and pour hotsauce everywhere.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

it's a sauce that's good on fried rice or (sometimes) hot noodle soup or as an ingredient in certain things that a lot of people who did not grow up with it either:

-freaking love

or
-strongly dislike because it's not good on absolutely everything (:confused:)

seriously I don't understand this. like do you expect worcestershire sauce to enhance absolutely any dish you could put it on?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a hole-y ghost posted:

it's a sauce that's good on fried rice or (sometimes) hot noodle soup or as an ingredient in certain things that a lot of people who did not grow up with it either:

-freaking love

or
-strongly dislike because it's not good on absolutely everything (:confused:)

seriously I don't understand this. like do you expect worcestershire sauce to enhance absolutely any dish you could put it on?

People have weirdly strong views on food because we all have to eat it and we're forced to have it in common with each other

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it makes everything taste like sriracha it's horrible

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
People who like watery vinegary hot sauce also talk to cops and only have sex missionary

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I knew a guy who used to eat sriracha on apples and pear slices which I thought was weird, but I've never tried it so maybe it's not

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I dont normally like sweetness mixed with other flavors but sriracha is good in noodle soup and a few other things.

Its not good in pho however. Ruins the flavor of the broth. Straight chili oil for pho.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like it. v0v

It's a bit vinegary to use too much, but there are some dishes that benefit from it.

Also Sriracha mayo owns.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the extra hot version is a lot nicer than the normal stuff itsr not so sweet

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It was outmemed by that mcdonalds chinese nugget sauce all the autists were gaga over.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Sriracha is not my favourite chilli sauce, that'd be Goblin Sauce or Smoke Potion, both by local chilli farmers, but Sriracha is widely available and pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bastard Tetris posted:

This in about a 2:1:1 ratio of garlic and fresh ginger ground into a paste together makes a great base to throw into the bottom of a very hot wok to start your veggies in for stir fries before adding any other sauces you may be touching up with later

• Locked thread