Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Some people have no sense of personal responsibility! Have you ever met one? What happened? Who were they? What was his or her relation to you? Were they fun or were they... bad? What happened to this person?

I knew one and he used to be sort of cool, but then after he got a degree in sociology he became a jerk. I asked my mom to get him a job, and she lined up a few interviews for him. He didn't get the first job so he told her to get stuffed. Then he never tried to get a job again. He believes that there is a world reckoning coming, and in this reckoning he will get all the stuff he wants somehow. He did not believe other people needed food (?). I do not understand it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I know a lady who has worked at Kmart for 6 years because a
state requirement changed in her last semester of
college and she would have needed two extra classes to get her teacher's licenses

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
America voted in a badly self tanned man child with an embarrassing bald spot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

504 posted:

America voted in a badly self tanned man child with an embarrassing bald spot.
Oh cool, what were you running for?

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Probably myself. Often blame mental illness for being lazy and unproductive. I am also filled with hate and jealousy.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I read and post on the SA forums.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Obama

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

this guy from the Quest4Treasure forums posted:

this is actually one of the most vegan friendly towns ive ever been to!!! especially in and around spring st! i absolutely love this town. i want to move here...hey mac...what i really want to know is...how hot is your wife? and would you put in a good word with your daughter for me...i mean, as long as shes of age and all. lololol

lollll i was just jokin man...every chick here is a BABE. anyways, i stopped caring when you ditched. but i meant nothing of it. relax.

met a whole family in WPG today looking for the treasure. they were rad. the main searcher was their 10 yr old daughter. we did a full walkthrough.

youre right. im not ashamed lol.

you have no right to be pissed. who the f**k do you think you are? all you do is troll. you contribute nothing. ive contributed loads, im out in the streets, and digging every day. go f**k yourself seabass. if anyone should be removed ...its you. period.

I REALLY wanted to post where he asks if he can sleep on someone's couch in New Orleans, then proceeds to start flipping out and cursing at people who express apprehension. But it looks like that got snipped.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
the mirror

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I worked with a guy who was the typical massive child about everything. He did no wrong, was 100% correct all the time, was unjustly persecuted at every turn, and every tiny thing that happened was the hindenburg crisis x1000. Of course the reality was he hosed up constantly, I mean every single day he hosed something up, badly. Instead of taking any constructive criticism to heart he twirled it around into a cocoon where he could huff his own farts and get fired constantly. I think he's at his like 5th job of the past 2 years now. Just glad he's out of my hair

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
easily my drunk uncle.

drunkle

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oh, that Stanford swimmer who raped a chick, then his dad and grandparents stood up for him in the most blame-dismissing way ever. It was so old money.

Edit for sources:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-stanford-rape-brock-turner-letters-20160606-snap-htmlstory.html

His grandparents: “Brock is the only person being held accountable for the actions of other irresponsible adults.”
Turner’s father said his son should not pay such a “steep price … for 20 minutes of action,”

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 24, 2018

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
i dont know what "personal responsibility" means op

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Does it count as taking personal responsibility if I'm not very proactive in improving my life, but I feel constant guilt about it and don't blame anyone else?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
What has two thumbs and denies personal responsibility!?

(It's me.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moon Atari posted:

Does it count as taking personal responsibility if I'm not very proactive in improving my life, but I feel constant guilt about it and don't blame anyone else?

that doesn't count for what the thread describes

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
deadbeat dads and deadbeat moms (some children have both). take care of your kids people!

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
That cop that hid outside that school.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

weg posted:

That cop that hid outside that school.

Yeah ...yeah that guy really hosed up bad

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

vudan posted:

Probably myself. Often blame mental illness for being lazy and unproductive. I am also filled with hate and jealousy.

We already know you're a member of the SA forums.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Rick Sanchez.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Well, it's not me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
if you say "me" then you automatically lose because the idea is the denial. that's what makes it so powerful

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My brother in law. Here's a mostly chronological list his avoiding responsibility:

• stole $600 from his step-dad, went on a bender in a trailer for a few days until police found him
  • lived on the street, random couches etc. for a few months
  • Stole his dad's AIDS medication to resell
  • Joined military, went to basic and kicked out within 6mo
  • uses "military experience" to get jobs that last a few weeks here and there
  • Lived in his uncle's ex-wife's back yard in a tent he borrowed from me until he and his girlfriend had stolen all the spoons from inside the house they were staying behind
  • Spent about two weeks one summer walking house to house shirtless, shoeless, carrying an Islamic book (maybe the Torah, it's been awhile) and preaching the word of our lord Jesus Christ and surprisingly never got shot as he walked into people's houses and would just start preaching
  • Finally got a car, a job and then blew the car up in a couple weeks because "hur dur cars need oil?" and lost job because he couldn't get there
  • During my brother's funeral, most of my wife's family came and while they were there, he broke in and stole various items
  • Arrested for felony larceny at a job he'd been at for a week
  • Mother gives him a Jeep Cherokee and he manages to kill an indestructible 4.0L a few weeks later because "hur dur cars need coolant?"
  • Has another kid with a 17yo @21
  • Actually kept a job for like 3 months
  • Broke into my garage and stole all the liquor for our wedding and traded it for suboxone
  • His dad who lived out of state got him taken out of my house by police "swat style" after calling the police on him after he visited my wife and she sent a text to her dad about how he was acting toward her and my mother in law (I wasn't home)
  • Went to a rehab where he was supposed to stay for a year and left after 2 weeks because "he missed his first child" who he hadn't given a single poo poo about for the four years prior
  • Has a third child with an older woman who instantly cuts him off and I'm not sure he's seen it since birth
  • Was kicked out of GED classes not once, but twice. Do you know how hard that is?
  • Any time court dates come up for the support that he doesn't pay, he ends up in a stress center on hold, goes to court a couple days later and gives them some sob story about "but, but I couldn't pay because I was at the stress center" instead of just telling them that he just hasn't had a job 90% of his adult life
  • Currently not paying support to any of the mothers of the 3 kids
  • Still gives zero shits about his kids
  • Only keeps jobs long enough to get money for some drugs, gets hosed up, loses job, rinse, repeat
  • No car
  • Currently stays on his moms couch

I've met my wife's entire family and he is so far removed from their mindset and way of life that he is like a textbook black sheep. Hth, op.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 24, 2018

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Definitely NOT ME!!!!!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know a guy who ordered pineapples on a pizza, like in a social setting. And he never apologized or even acknowledged his wrongdoing. I just stare at him when he talks to me now like wow aren’t you a special little doggy who likes to eat slop out of a boot. Just say “word up dawg” a bunch of times and then he goes off to wallow in parrot poo poo and raw oats or whatever hipster cunts do. :shrug:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

My serious answer is my oldest stepdaughter. She's very clever but uses it for stupid goals. She's type I diabetic and intentionally skipped insulin shots to stay skinny. Typical healthy blood sugar levels are 70-100; she lived at about 300 for years because she kept skipping shots and lying about her number.

My God, the lying. To this day (she moved out about 2 years ago) I don't believe a single word that comes out of her mouth. She is a textbook sociopath, an expert at manipulation. It's always poor little victimized me, I'm doing everything right, but all this bad stuff keeps happening to me and I can't figure it out! She "hates drama" but is constantly surrounded by it. She constantly berates her boyfriend and calls him stupid and an idiot to his face.

I had to put alarms on all the doors and windows in our old house, not to keep intruders out, but to keep her in. I caught her red-handed tampering with sensors, more than once, and she still lied and lied and lied to my face for hours. When we moved there were too many doors and windows to be feasible so I put one on her bedroom door. She tried taking the hinges off and I caught her again. I put a chain on the hinge side of the door so it couldn't be removed without tripping the alarm. She jumped out of her 2nd story window and broke both of her ankles on the concrete below. In January. I was in the shower and my wife was asleep, so she was outside in freezing weather, screaming and writhing in pain, for probably 10-15 minutes before I heard her. I never thought she'd be stupid enough to do that so I didn't even have a sensor on the window.

She comes back to visit her younger sisters, who don't like or trust her any more than we do, and is always calling them "honey" and "sweetie" and acting all motherly to try to make up for the way she treated them, which I don't even have to say anything for them to see right through as just more manipulation so she can feel less guilty.

I don't know, I do see some faint glimmers of hope that she is becoming more responsible, but we were burned so hard for so long by her that we haven't gotten over it yet, and I don't know when we really will.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's me. Everything is your goddamn fault pick

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Actually I guess technically that makes it you op

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The OP

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I know this girl who thinks that when she's in love, she can't be held responsible for her actions. She moved all the way cross-country after this guy, and keeps stalking him and trying to impress him, getting between him and his girlfriend so they'll break up and she'll have a shot, all the while denying that that's what she's doing.

It's a shame, really, because she's really smart and talented, but she's squandering her life on this hopeless obsession.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mammal Sauce posted:

My brother in law. Here's a mostly chronological list his avoiding responsibility:

• stole $600 from his step-dad, went on a bender in a trailer for a few days until police found him
  • lived on the street, random couches etc. for a few months
  • Stole his dad's AIDS medication to resell
  • Joined military, went to basic and kicked out within 6mo
  • uses "military experience" to get jobs that last a few weeks here and there
  • Lived in his uncle's ex-wife's back yard in a tent he borrowed from me until he and his girlfriend had stolen all the spoons from inside the house they were staying behind
  • Spent about two weeks one summer walking house to house shirtless, shoeless, carrying an Islamic book (maybe the Torah, it's been awhile) and preaching the word of our lord Jesus Christ and surprisingly never got shot as he walked into people's houses and would just start preaching
  • Finally got a car, a job and then blew the car up in a couple weeks because "hur dur cars need oil?" and lost job because he couldn't get there
  • During my brother's funeral, most of my wife's family came and while they were there, he broke in and stole various items
  • Arrested for felony larceny at a job he'd been at for a week
  • Mother gives him a Jeep Cherokee and he manages to kill an indestructible 4.0L a few weeks later because "hur dur cars need coolant?"
  • Has another kid with a 17yo @21
  • Actually kept a job for like 3 months
  • Broke into my garage and stole all the liquor for our wedding and traded it for suboxone
  • His dad who lived out of state got him taken out of my house by police "swat style" after calling the police on him after he visited my wife and she sent a text to her dad about how he was acting toward her and my mother in law (I wasn't home)
  • Went to a rehab where he was supposed to stay for a year and left after 2 weeks because "he missed his first child" who he hadn't given a single poo poo about for the four years prior
  • Has a third child with an older woman who instantly cuts him off and I'm not sure he's seen it since birth
  • Was kicked out of GED classes not once, but twice. Do you know how hard that is?
  • Any time court dates come up for the support that he doesn't pay, he ends up in a stress center on hold, goes to court a couple days later and gives them some sob story about "but, but I couldn't pay because I was at the stress center" instead of just telling them that he just hasn't had a job 90% of his adult life
  • Currently not paying support to any of the mothers of the 3 kids
  • Still gives zero shits about his kids
  • Only keeps jobs long enough to get money for some drugs, gets hosed up, loses job, rinse, repeat
  • No car
  • Currently stays on his moms couch

I've met my wife's entire family and he is so far removed from their mindset and way of life that he is like a textbook black sheep. Hth, op.

:stare:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
It's probably the op, op.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

My serious answer is my oldest stepdaughter. She's very clever but uses it for stupid goals. She's type I diabetic and intentionally skipped insulin shots to stay skinny. Typical healthy blood sugar levels are 70-100; she lived at about 300 for years because she kept skipping shots and lying about her number.

My God, the lying. To this day (she moved out about 2 years ago) I don't believe a single word that comes out of her mouth. She is a textbook sociopath, an expert at manipulation. It's always poor little victimized me, I'm doing everything right, but all this bad stuff keeps happening to me and I can't figure it out! She "hates drama" but is constantly surrounded by it. She constantly berates her boyfriend and calls him stupid and an idiot to his face.

I had to put alarms on all the doors and windows in our old house, not to keep intruders out, but to keep her in. I caught her red-handed tampering with sensors, more than once, and she still lied and lied and lied to my face for hours. When we moved there were too many doors and windows to be feasible so I put one on her bedroom door. She tried taking the hinges off and I caught her again. I put a chain on the hinge side of the door so it couldn't be removed without tripping the alarm. She jumped out of her 2nd story window and broke both of her ankles on the concrete below. In January. I was in the shower and my wife was asleep, so she was outside in freezing weather, screaming and writhing in pain, for probably 10-15 minutes before I heard her. I never thought she'd be stupid enough to do that so I didn't even have a sensor on the window.

She comes back to visit her younger sisters, who don't like or trust her any more than we do, and is always calling them "honey" and "sweetie" and acting all motherly to try to make up for the way she treated them, which I don't even have to say anything for them to see right through as just more manipulation so she can feel less guilty.

I don't know, I do see some faint glimmers of hope that she is becoming more responsible, but we were burned so hard for so long by her that we haven't gotten over it yet, and I don't know when we really will.

why'd she jump out the window?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Pick posted:

if you say "me" then you automatically lose because the idea is the denial. that's what makes it so powerful

It's not denial, unless you reject it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

ArbitraryC posted:

why'd she jump out the window?

She had heard that the barrier between her and the neighbors was fleeing. The fence was straying. De fence straying. Defenestration.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I used to work with a guy. I vividly remember him telling me about how he used to work in security, but got unfairly disciplined by his boss because his boss saw him "resting his eyes" in a car at night. He said he used to own his own security company but that the "insurance got too expensive." On a different day he told me about the time he was patrolling an apartment complex parking lot at night, found a guy drinking a beer, chased the guy down, and then hurled his Maglite at the guy's legs to bring him down .

Also he somehow managed to get himself fired from TSA, but he never explained how on that one.

Oh and he was the kind of dipshit who thought it was cool to spit chew into an indoor garbage can in an office.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I know this girl who thinks that when she's in love, she can't be held responsible for her actions. She moved all the way cross-country after this guy, and keeps stalking him and trying to impress him, getting between him and his girlfriend so they'll break up and she'll have a shot, all the while denying that that's what she's doing.

It's a shame, really, because she's really smart and talented, but she's squandering her life on this hopeless obsession.

Isn't that the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend show premise? Or is that the joke?

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Potentially sad topic and Im feeling down, oh no.

Person that stole money from their kids easter cards to buy drugs, justified it by feeding and sheltering them but actually their grandma does this.

30+ year old Internet panhandlers that spend entire min wage income on gacha/furry adoptables/trading card games, want full communism now so they can play video games on twitch as a disablity, blame parents that house and feed them, bonus points when they have kid(s).

Etc not interesting I just wish people cared about their kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

Isn't that the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend show premise? Or is that the joke?

I'm gonna assume this is a real thing because america is poo poo. Death to America

• Locked thread