Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-martin-shkreli-sentencing-20180309-story.html

I'll take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to gently caress with

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Protect ya neck :smug:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's being railroaded for something that they all do.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
more execs in prison

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Buglord
Da Mystery of Price-gougin'

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

im sure he'll get out early for good behavior

The_end
May 17, 2014
That is what you get for ripping off rich people. He should have stuck to taking poor people's money instead.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

Because he was loud and obnoxious about something they usually try to get away with under the radar.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

poo poo i forgot to make a wu tang pun

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Very much so. Every one of his investors ended up making profits, and some of them even defended him when the charges were first made. Without his amusing internet persona and high profile he probably wouldn't have been targeted for prosecution at all.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder what he has on somebody powerful that is making them throw all of this at him.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The_end posted:

That is what you get for ripping off rich people. He should have stuck to taking poor people's money instead.

it's hard to get too happy about this.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is he going to a federal pound-me-in-the-rear end prison or one of these nice resorts for accountants and rich people?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Did that guy who filled the FOIA ever get that album to listen to since it might have been evidence?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i hope he gets AIDS in prison and cant afford medication

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Buglord

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

poo poo i forgot to make a wu tang pun

Enter The 36 (solitary confinement) Chambers

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Very much so. Every one of his investors ended up making profits, and some of them even defended him when the charges were first made. Without his amusing internet persona and high profile he probably wouldn't have been targeted for prosecution at all.

This is all completely correct.

You have to remember that one of the things got him in hot water was making a crack about needing Hillary Clinton's DNA to confirm her being a reptilian.

Even the whole "jacking up the price of AIDS medication" story was basically bullshit. The only peple who he screwed over were health insurers.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 9, 2018

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/allie_conti/status/972163267736031234

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
7 years, dang.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Watched the Valeant episode of Dirty Money and decided, gently caress guillotines, it's time for wood chippers for guys like this.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I thought he was using all his companies has a ponzi type scheme where he'd take money out of one to pay debts and hide losses of the other and so on? Are you saying he didn't lose a ton of money for people doing this?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Courts rule everything around me
CREAM get the sentence
Seven in a cell y'all

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Let's be honest, the 7 years is mostly for sassing the judge and justice system

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

they took the best years of his life, when he gets out hes gonna be like 30

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

r u ready to WALK posted:

Let's be honest, the 7 years is mostly for sassing the judge and justice system

ill take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its actually for defrauding rich people in a dumb, provable, and blatant way but hey lets be real, gently caress this guy and whatever sticks sticks

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is he going to a federal pound-me-in-the-rear end prison or one of these nice resorts for accountants and rich people?

He'll likely end up at FCI Englewood in Colorado which is where Jared Fogle and Rod Blagojevich are. Minimum-security and much more comfortable than where he is being held now (which is a loving hellhole that smells of piss, disinfectant, is overcrowded, violent and has no windows.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yea shimmy yey
put him in handcuffs and take him away

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

He was the first that raised prices to a range that inarguably would kill a lot of people. Doubling the cost of insulin is different than raising it 10000%. All of society thought it was an evil thing to do, and courts are made up by society.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Gonna sell the Clan album for 3 packs of smokes and a quart of prison wine.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

redm posted:

shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yea shimmy yey
put him in handcuffs and take him away

lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He'll likely end up at FCI Englewood in Colorado which is where Jared Fogle and Rod Blagojevich are. Minimum-security and much more comfortable than where he is being held now (which is a loving hellhole that smells of piss, disinfectant, is overcrowded, violent and has no windows.

Figures. Not much of a win then.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Lol he is going to serve like 3 years in a resort prison and the rest probation

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

He was the first that raised prices to a range that inarguably would kill a lot of people. Doubling the cost of insulin is different than raising it 10000%. All of society thought it was an evil thing to do, and courts are made up by society.

Yeah just a reminder though he didn't get in trouble for this at all and this conviction is about defrauding other rich people (who still made a boatload of money anyway).

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Release tha carter V Martin

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Over There posted:

Release tha carter V Martin

hard disagree. if it’s anything like little wayne’s more recent poo poo it should remain locked away.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

hard disagree. if it’s anything like little wayne’s more recent poo poo it should remain locked away.

:wrong:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

WatermelonGun posted:

Cursed thread is thataway

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

The_end posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Over There posted:

Cursed thread is thataway

Ya best start believing in cursed threads Over There, you're in one!

• Locked thread