Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Here are 25 drat fine cats.
This poll is closed.
#7 Koda 14 2.28%
#8 Willow 22 3.58%
#11 Miko 13 2.11%
#13 Gumbo 24 3.90%
#15 Silly 13 2.11%
#16 Kiska 29 4.72%
#17 Butterscotch 53 8.62%
#20 Kotofey Ivanovich 22 3.58%
#23 Lulu 31 5.04%
#24 Franklin 25 4.07%
#26 Gordie Meow 16 2.60%
#27 Sakamoto 13 2.11%
#28 Phyrexian Obliterator 67 10.89%
#34 Mittens 15 2.44%
#35 Aytumn 14 2.28%
#41 Gypsy 13 2.11%
#43 Moo Moo 39 6.34%
#44 Speedball 37 6.02%
#47 Sadie 21 3.41%
#48 Winston 17 2.76%
#52 Herman 13 2.11%
#53 Rollo 20 3.25%
#54 Penny 17 2.76%
#62 Bubbles 37 6.02%
#67 Chloe 30 4.88%
Total: 181 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Let's do this. Campaigning is allowed in the polling place, shitposting is inevitable.

What you're voting on if you didnt know --> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851374

dee eight fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

dee eight posted:

Let's do this.

i wont adopty a cat because he will outlive me anbd die and im sad all the time

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
cats are incapable of loving humans and if you think they are you're infected with a terrible parasite that will burst forth from your anus perpetuating its lifecycle to the next generation of cats / humans

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

yeah yeah heard it all before. i'm just trying to get to the end of this embarrassment of a fundraiser with some small shred of dignity left.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

you really only need to worry about toxo if you're a pregnant lady and your cat shits in the same place as other cats.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I am proud that Willow (#8) has made it to the second round. She is a friend of many Chicago goons.

She is a student

A sister

An explorer

And a professional dangler

Vote Willow! The cat goons deserve!

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
here are the first 22 qualifying candidates

these last five all have 7 points each

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I love this big dumb idiot who is coincidentally Kiska #16

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
You may want to elect a big, fat bloatcat as best cat. You might choose a grotesque, rumpled pile of ballskin. Even a monochrome heap of matted fur, dragged unwillingly over hill and dale might seem like a fair choice. Any of those choices would be fair if there were not a champion in your midst.

#13. Gumbo.

You are her constituency. She represents you and all you hold dear. Vote for Gumbo (#13)

Do you prefer dogs? Gumbo does things that dogs do. She plays fetch. She licks all sorts of poo poo for no reason. Gumbo loves things that stink. Her favorite food is brisket. Dog lovers, fans of brisket and bad odors vote for Gumbo! (#13)

Gumbo makes stupid faces!

She can be smug...

But she knows how to be humble...

And brave...

Do you like kids? Gumbo likes kids, and kids like her...

Sex appeal? Gumbo has no shame...

Gumbo is #13. She's not that exotic, or comically obese and she hasn't been dragged around the globe by her neck for our amusement. She isn't my cat. Not your cat. She's OUR cat. We all have some Gumbo in us. And THAT is why Gumbo (#13) deserves to be the best cat.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
how many cats are we voting for this round?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

redm posted:

how many cats are we voting for this round?

Just one. You're voting for Gumbo (#13).

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
didnt see the poll on mobile

redm fucked around with this message at 08:05 on May 12, 2018

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I voted for Gumbo because I refuse to look at ANOTHER drat THREAD to get pics of cool cats.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
How bout this wacky one (#43 Moo Moo)

(This is the kitten version of Moo Moo, she powers up as we found out to regular size version of Moo Moo if you wait a few months)

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

BaconCopter posted:

I voted for Gumbo because I refuse to look at ANOTHER drat THREAD to get pics of cool cats.

Gumbo (#13) thanks you for your vote! Gumbo (#13) gets an extra chin scritchin' for every vote! Not voting for Gumbo (#13) is the same saying you don't want her to have chin scritchin's. And that is horrible.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

redm posted:

these last five all have 7 points each

I randomized the pick for the last qualifier. :shrug:

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Gumbo (#13) thanks you for your vote! Gumbo (#13) gets an extra chin scritchin' for every vote! Not voting for Gumbo (#13) is the same saying you don't want her to have chin scritchin's. And that is horrible.

I didn't vote for Gumbo, because I have my own agenda. But please give Gumbo a chin scritchin for me. This is a major voting battle, but there's no reason for the kitties to not get scrichins.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They're all good cats so I voted them all. Nearly the same as not voting, except they all have an extra point, which they deserve.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

dee eight posted:

I randomized the pick for the last qualifier. :shrug:

#14 Was Jappy. He knows he couldn't have won because he's a tall mouse. If you were going to vote for Jappy (#14), send those votes towards Gumbo (#13).

Gumbo is Jappys favorite cat.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Section 9 posted:

I didn't vote for Gumbo, because I have my own agenda. But please give Gumbo a chin scritchin for me. This is a major voting battle, but there's no reason for the kitties to not get scrichins.

Yeah, that was an empty threat. Gumbo gets her chin scritched whenever she wants it.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
Hello, new thread. This is Speedball - #44

Fun Fact: Speedball is a Singapura, which is a completely not-made-up breed that was totally discovered in Singapore and isn't just a Burmese and an Abyssianian gettin' it on.

Singapuras are some of the smallest cats. Here is Speedball next to a scale model of a cat called Dolly.

Speedball likes high places a great deal...

...from which she can photobomb our other cat Dolly's artistic endeavours. The background blur is Speedball. This is mostly what she looks like without special cameras.

Dolly wasn't super impressed, but Speedball is also a master of disguise, or a ninja, or whatever they call ninja's in not-really-Singapore, and so evaded retribution

Despite this sideline, Speedball mostly keeps her nose clean and out of trouble...

...except for sending creepy MMS messages to me at work

So vote for Speedball #44 (See also other Speedball posts for more Speedball!)

Fumblemouse fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 12, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
So, which of these cats is the best to have around when you're sitting down and eating dinner?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My candidate is very happy to be moving onto the next round!

Unfortunately, she's sleeping but imo you can still tell she's super excited.

Have some baby Bubbleses and other Bubble butts thru the ages!

:same: bubs, the editing nearly put me to sleep too ...

Bubbles loev my old af J. Lo jacket

Vote #62 Bubbles, because she is a chill cat that loves the snuggles and the smell of a good nug. The bestest friend of all!

Oh also one time she got lost in a city she wasn't familiar w/ and I couldn't find her before I had to get back to my town for work, and thought all was lost, then 3 days later my friend called me to say Bubbles had found her way to his house. I went and picked her up that night!! It was a six hour round trip bitch I was all, welp if you love something let it go but if it comes back ...

Destiny cat !!!!

e: i lied we're not done yet

Look how much she loved her bed!! she'd snug with me at night then move over to her bed when she actually wanted to sleep, like fuckin clockwork. Sadly we lost it in our last move and she has taken up residence on my pillows and will often shove me off of them b/c she a baller like that

ugh what a top tier cat tho!!! vote bubs!!

esperterra fucked around with this message at 12:05 on May 12, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
none of these are dogs. thread gassed

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Panzeh posted:

So, which of these cats is the best to have around when you're sitting down and eating dinner?

Kiska #16 because she has no concept of things being edible (because she is dumb) and will leave you alone.

Things she has been offered and sniffed at in mild perplexity include fresh salmon, halibut, king crab, and tuna.

Things I have personally seen her eat include wood and cardboard.

I love my dumb cat.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Reason #214 that I love my dumb idiot fucker cat (Kiska #16):

I often wake up to this in the morning:

Reason #215 that I love my dumb idiot fucker cat (still Kiska, still #16)

I am very short and she is also a big cat in addition to being a dumb one, about 15 pounds. Because of this I basically have a cat whose back comes up to my knee and who can stretch from my chin to my knees for hugs :kimchi:

She is also at face level on many bookshelves which is fine because she is a lover and not a fighter and just wants to headbutt me in the face and snort-purr.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Franklin blew his wad too early (and probably all over a squid) in this campaign

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Remember to VOTE LULU (#23)

Cats & Stuff by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

She's gorgeous and loves u! She's LULU!

Lulu! by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

She's even getting her own toy figure being made of her this summer! She's Witch Cat Lulu! (clay sculpture prototype shown)

Witch Cat Lulu Soft Vinyl start! by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

LULU!!

Lulu readies for work by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Jose posted:

none of these are dogs. thread gassed

suck my goddamn balls

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
A lot of these fine cats bring something wonderful to this competition. However, Phyrexian Obliterator (#28) combines all of these things in one unique (hairless) package.

Some of these cats love going for walks outside, some love showing off their wardrobe, others just roll around looking cute. Rexie does all of this and more!

She has furry friends who support her....

learns faster than most small children....

watches tv to keep up with world events....

spies on the neighbors when we go outside.....

is into cosplay....

is a hide and seek champion....

maintains an extensive closet of clothes for all seasons....

takes care of humans who have wisdom teeth removed.....

enjoys perusing these fine forums....

tolerates the humans who torment her for the internet's amusement....

https://i.imgur.com/CmH7TZ5.mp4

but then torments those same humans with cuteness when they're trying to get work done....

She's meticulous about her hygiene.....

though can sometimes be judgmental of others.....

She has the best toes....

the most wrinkles....

the most attitude (picked up from her bitchy Bengal sister)...

the most fashion sense....

just the most everything....

VOTE PHYREXIAN OBLITERATOR, MAKER OF BISCUITS!

BaronVonVaderham fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 12, 2018

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

That cat is into some shady poo poo. Vote for the pure, honest choice! Vote Gypsy #41!

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Vote for the best Meerkat

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Panzeh posted:

Bubbles (#62) is excellent at dinner, because she doesn't like human food. She'll just sit near you or on your lap. Keep an eye on your alcohol, tho, she does like to try and drink drinks !!

e: bupdate

girl looks so cozy rn wna rub dat belly!!

esperterra fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 12, 2018

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

There's a secondary contest for runners up in the main thread.

queserasera posted:

If we want to establish a runners-up prize pool, I've got Steam keys to weird video games to throw in thanks to Humble Monthly.

so go there and maybe win an internet game thing

queserasera posted:

And my laptop died. Long live my laptop! I should be getting the new one on Monday so I don't have to type everything out on mobile.

I like the secondary contest of arbitrary decision-making, starting with the eliminated first round. For example, Chloe is the Best Cumulonimbus Cloud Masquerading as a Cat.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
hey d8 is the last entry there intended to be #67 (which is chloe who should be in here)

or is it #69 "cat" who was late to the game and I only accept as best in that all cats are the best

edit: it's 100% Chloe BECAUSE ALWAYS BE CHLOEING

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 12, 2018

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Moo Moo (#43) mooing around the desert with her brother

Walking multiple cats at once with multi leash magic:

Dumb Lowtax posted:

A couple weeks ago we took our cats Moo Moo and Luga on a road trip with us to the ski mountains to stay in an airbnb with us. At eight hours this was their first long trip ever, and Luga's first time walking anywhere on a leash. They did so well with four people and two cats in the car. We pulled over a few times where there were trails to let them stretch their legs. For about an hour they were either walking from plant to plant to sniff it, or running off at a good pace towards random points no matter how hard we tried to get them to go between the rocks marking the trail. When I ran off into the rocks they ran really fast to follow and look for me. We finally picked them up to bring them back to the cars, when they really would have preferred to keep running around. But once Moo Moo realized we were headed back to the car she asked to be set down, ran back to the car, and eagerly packed herself away.

Getting Moo Moo into the car:

Moo Moo is an amazing cat. She let us walk her on a leash the first week we adopted her from a rescue. She plays fetch, chasing springs around the house and bringing them back in her mouth.

A couple weeks after adopting her we were just sitting around the couch working on laptops and out of the corner of my eye saw her suddenly do a triple backflip forward off of a little soft cube bench, and land perfectly on the floor in front of her. As if that wasn't shocking enough she also was chewing on something that she had apparently caught in mid air, explaining the backflips. That's when we knew Moo Moo was something special or even supernatural and that we were extremely lucky that she chose us.

https://www.instagram.com/moo_squared/

Dumb Lowtax posted:

How bout this wacky one (#43 Moo Moo)

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 12, 2018

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Gunshow Poophole posted:

hey d8 is the last entry there intended to be #67 (which is chloe who should be in here)

or is it #69 "cat" who was late to the game and I only accept as best in that all cats are the best

edit: it's 100% Chloe BECAUSE ALWAYS BE CHLOEING

sorry man but the numbers look like numbers

but rest assured Chloe is the best cat

e: feel free to launch an investigation into possible collusion/ballot tampering/hordes of illegal voters in Nebraska.

e2: I hosed up. The number is right, the name is wrong. dammit

dee eight fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 13, 2018

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
i had the best cat ever in china

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Hector Beerlioz posted:

i had the best cat ever in china

That's loving hilarious. THat's really the funniest thing I ever read on these forums. Holy poo poo you should do stand up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

VOTE CHLOE (67(

• Locked thread