Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Did she even do anything besides get her skirt blown upward and sing happy birthday in a sluttily way to the president?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
She was a pretty lady op

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

she was in the classic comedy "Some Like it Hot" and a bunch of other stuff, you dummy

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
She was a famous blonde white lady

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My dad liked her, it was never my thing.
I was an Audrey Hepburn man myself.
I figured he could he could have his thing, me, mine and not make a thing of it.
Sorry you're hung up.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
She was the star of Ally McBeal, OP.

Remember?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The dame had a great setta gams on er. Hot dog!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

She was very smart and very insecure and killed herself because of people like the OP and her lovely husband, famous playwright Arthur Miller.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

She was a foster kid who overcame some pretty poo poo odds (including marrying a dude so she didn't have to go back to an orphanage when she was 16, then working in a munitions plant while he was deployed in WWII) to act in a lot of films, where was was pretty constantly poo poo on by studios despite the fact she was making them a fortune.

Sorry you have a problem with women or whatever, OP.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

furthermore, one of the hottest blonde babes to ever walk this earth, which is notable in its own right

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People were way uglier back during her time so a lady that would now be considered above average was kind of a big deal

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i heard she liked to suck balls

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Joe DiMaggio still has the record for most consecutive games with a hit

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Caesar Saladin posted:

she was in the classic comedy "Some Like it Hot" and a bunch of other stuff, you dummy

the first time I watched that movie I was immediately like "oh. I get it." w/r/t marilyn
it's not hard. she just shined a little brighter than most people

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

FactsAreUseless posted:

very insecure and killed herself because of people like the OP and her lovely husband, famous playwright Arthur Miller.

This isn't a good thing!

13Pandora13 posted:

She was a foster kid who overcame some pretty poo poo odds (including marrying a dude so she didn't have to go back to an orphanage when she was 16, then working in a munitions plant while he was deployed in WWII)

This is pretty nifty, but it doesn't seem to be one of the reasons she's famous, which appear to be that she got her dress blown upward and singing happy birthday sluttily to the president.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Columbine dudes were big fans of hers op.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

lizardman posted:

This is pretty nifty, but it doesn't seem to be one of the reasons she's famous, which appear to be that she got her dress blown upward and singing happy birthday sluttily to the president.

Continuing to harp on this after hearing about her circumstances isn't a good look, op.

naem
May 29, 2011

Literally A Person posted:

She was the star of Ally McBeal, OP.

Remember?

she impregnated hersen ford

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

According to Facebook she was a huge fat rear end who wore large dress sizes and if you couldn’t handle her at her worst you didn’t deserve her at her best. Hope that helps OP.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Didn’t she invent bluetooth or whatever?

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

klapman posted:

Continuing to harp on this after hearing about her circumstances isn't a good look, op.

Oh my god is this like whenever you question what the hell was so great about Jackie Kennedy and everyone gets all pissy just because her husband was murdered before her eyes because if so I can't even

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lizardman posted:

This isn't a good thing!

A lot of people thought the air was blowing her dress up from the sewer grate in that photo. What they don’t tell you is that she had massive continuous queefs and farts that day and the sewer grate was just a prop. Now maybe you got some more respect for the lady. :hmmyes:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

lizardman posted:

This isn't a good thing!

she got to do this because she was a massive movie star you huge dumbass, your question has been answered and you've already proven yourself to be a massive pleb

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
She had nice cans

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Let's destroy this reptillian guys. Ready your nerf guns...

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Applewhite posted:

The dame had a great setta gams on er. Hot dog!

Hummina, hummina!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

She's great in The Misfits, her last movie. Directed by John Huston from an Arthur Miller screenplay, also stars Clark Gable, Montgomery Clift, and Eli Wallach.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Caesar Saladin posted:

she got to do this because she was a massive movie star you huge dumbass, your question has been answered and you've already proven yourself to be a massive pleb

Hmm OK but why was she such a big star I guess is what I'm asking. Was she a good actress?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Watch movies! See with eyes!

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

BattleCattle posted:

Didn’t she invent bluetooth or whatever?

that was HEDLEY LAMARR, you clowb

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
marilyn if you're reading this thread PM me

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Marilyn Monroe on the screen was an image of pure, innocent, childlike joy in living. She projected the sense of a person born and reared in some radiant utopia untouched by suffering, unable to conceive of ugliness or evil, facing life with the confidence, the benevolence, and the joyous self-flaunting of a child or a kitten who is happy to display its own attractiveness as the best gift it can offer the world, and who expects to be admired for it, not hurt.

In real life, Marilyn Monroe's probable suicide — or worse: a death that might have been an accident, suggesting that, to her, the difference did not matter — was a declaration that we live in a world which made it impossible for her kind of spirit, and for the things she represented, to survive.

If there ever was a victim of society, Marilyn Monroe was that victim — of a society that professes dedication to the relief of the suffering, but kills the joyous.

A happy child who was offering her achievement to the world, with the pride of an authentic greatness and of a kitten depositing a hunting trophy at your feet — who found herself answered by concerted efforts to negate, to degrade, to ridicule, to insult, to destroy her achievement — who was unable to conceive that it was her best she was punished for, not her worst — who could only sense, in helpless terror, that she was facing some unspeakable kind of evil.

How long do you think a human being could stand it?

That hatred of values has always existed in some people, in any age or culture. But a hundred years ago, they would have been expected to hide it. Today, it is all around us; it is the style and fashion of our century.

Where would a sinking spirit find relief from it?

The evil of a cultural atmosphere is made by all those who share it. Anyone who has ever felt resentment against the good for being the good and has given voice to it, is the murderer of Marilyn Monroe.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Chrpno posted:

that was HEDLEY LAMARR, you clowb

It’s

Hedy

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gazpacho posted:

Marilyn Monroe on the screen was an image of pure, innocent, childlike joy in living. She projected the sense of a person born and reared in some radiant utopia untouched by suffering, unable to conceive of ugliness or evil, facing life with the confidence, the benevolence, and the joyous self-flaunting of a child or a kitten who is happy to display its own attractiveness as the best gift it can offer the world, and who expects to be admired for it, not hurt.

In real life, Marilyn Monroe's probable suicide — or worse: a death that might have been an accident, suggesting that, to her, the difference did not matter — was a declaration that we live in a world which made it impossible for her kind of spirit, and for the things she represented, to survive.

If there ever was a victim of society, Marilyn Monroe was that victim — of a society that professes dedication to the relief of the suffering, but kills the joyous.

A happy child who was offering her achievement to the world, with the pride of an authentic greatness and of a kitten depositing a hunting trophy at your feet — who found herself answered by concerted efforts to negate, to degrade, to ridicule, to insult, to destroy her achievement — who was unable to conceive that it was her best she was punished for, not her worst — who could only sense, in helpless terror, that she was facing some unspeakable kind of evil.

That hatred of values has always existed in some people, in any age or culture. But a hundred years ago, they would have been expected to hide it. Today, it is all around us; it is the style and fashion of our century.

The evil of a cultural atmosphere is made by all those who share it. Anyone who has ever felt resentment against the good for being the good and has given voice to it, is the murderer of Marilyn Monroe.

:golfclap: I don't believe anyone has ever written "she was the baddest bitch but got pressed with the haters" more eloquently.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Actually on further review her cans were merely above average. I apologize for my earlier error.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

lizardman posted:

Hmm OK but why was she such a big star I guess is what I'm asking. Was she a good actress?

talented actress and comedienne, maybe you should try actually engaging in culture instead of some weird secondhand internet impression

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Lots of kitten imagery though.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

lizardman posted:

:golfclap: I don't believe anyone has ever written "she was the baddest bitch but got pressed with the haters" more eloquently.
trap sprung

naem
May 29, 2011

Gazpacho posted:

plus some BIG ol knockeroonies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

People wanted to commit the sex act on her

• Locked thread