Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
Commiserate with me ITT about not getting paid thanks to our stupid govt. I’ve got another 2 weeks until I don’t get paid anymore :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
What if you got 20 free dollars every day but you had to take the dollar bills from each pit of a fat sweaty man who now lives with you. He conjures the money.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
your fault for working for our stupid rear end dumb gently caress government

dont work smoke weed do crimes, dumbass

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I can't imagine how pissed you must be. :(

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
me, furloughed: goddamn this sucks why won't political side a cut a deal with side b

me, furloughed and high on a weed: wait a minute why are they both getting paid now and I'm not

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Have you tried asking your landlor if you can do maintenance in leu of paying rent?

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

love it or leave it bithc

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
All work and no pay makes Jack a dull boy.

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6

VikingSkull posted:

me, furloughed: goddamn this sucks why won't political side a cut a deal with side b

me, furloughed and high on a weed: wait a minute why are they both getting paid now and I'm not

This

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

what if government never reopens???

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

what if government never reopens???

Trump wins.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
relative on face book: why not find new job in good economy?

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

SERPUS posted:

Trump wins.

This is a disaster.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

And is very...whoever wins, we lose...but still!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I feel ya, OP. I'm a state government employee and we were almost furloughed last year. It was a very scary couple days while loving politicians (R of course) played chicken with us being collateral.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hattersmad posted:

Commiserate with me ITT about not getting paid thanks to our stupid govt. I’ve got another 2 weeks until I don’t get paid anymore :smith:

What do you do, op? How thin is the budget?

Let’s not get too political itt btw!

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6

ElectricSheep posted:

relative on face book: why not find new job in good economy?

Plane inspections are mostly pointless anyways I mean when was the last time a plane went down? *ignores the fact that inspections prevent this*

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hattersmad posted:

Plane inspections are mostly pointless anyways I mean when was the last time a plane went down? *ignores the fact that inspections prevent this*

I feel wayyy better now. gently caress I fly for work a lot too. Haven’t in 30 days thankfully.

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6

Burt Sexual posted:

What do you do, op? How thin is the budget?

Let’s not get too political itt btw!

NASA goon. Funding is good for a couple more weeks for me. After that, mandatory unpaid leave :sweatdrop:

e: I feel for everyone already on furlough. poo poo is rough.

hattersmad fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 13, 2019

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

hattersmad posted:

NASA goon. Funding is good for a couple more weeks for me. After that, mandatory unpaid leave :sweatdrop:

Post your EDC

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hope you didn't vote for Donald 'can't stump the' Trump OP

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

*smugs bill maherishly*

you know who's responsible for this right? the republicans :smug:

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I love NASA! It's great. The Moon, and all. It's just wonderful. I'm not kidding. Such a shame, these things.

e: OK, you two and me are on thin ice. Let's be cordial!

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Luckily I've been able to save a decent amount of money, so this gov shutdown is just a paid vacation for me (assuming we get back pay like we did in previous shutdowns). It's been pretty sweet and (although I would never admit this out loud because some people are really getting screwed by this because, for whatever reason, they haven't been able to save money) I privately hope the shutdown continues for another couple of weeks so my vacation can continue.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The only thing better than being sent home without pay is being forced to work without pay.

I've discovered I somehow have way more money than coworkers who make 2-3x what I do. And I'm not even talking about the ones with kids.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
If I ever see a government I public I will kick them in the throat

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Sjs00 posted:

the cspam posters pledge

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Former DILF posted:

the cspam posters pledge

I had nothing to do with that little girl rear end in a top hat

E I'm gay

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Dennis System posted:

Luckily I've been able to save a decent amount of money, so this gov shutdown is just a paid vacation for me (assuming we get back pay like we did in previous shutdowns). It's been pretty sweet and (although I would never admit this out loud because some people are really getting screwed by this because, for whatever reason, they haven't been able to save money) I privately hope the shutdown continues for another couple of weeks so my vacation can continue.

I probably have 5 months of liquid cash to survive at a current spending rate, which is much more than many can afford i suspect. I’d still be searching linked.in all day.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sjs00 posted:

What?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

I still need to file my taxes and I don't even know if that's possible right now. Leave me to be angry alone please.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sjs00 posted:

I still need to file my taxes and I don't even know if that's possible right now. Leave me to be angry alone please.

Gov on smoko, chill.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Burt Sexual posted:

Gov on smoko, chill.

And here I am on court issued mandate to stay drug free. This is some serious bullshit.
(This is just the withdrawals symptoms talking.)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

dont talk to me im on smoko

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

hattersmad posted:

e: I feel for everyone already on furlough. poo poo is rough.

What do you do for NASA? I have a former student who works for JPL. She's a manager on the Rover 2020 project.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Genesplicer posted:

What do you do for NASA? I have a former student who works for JPL. She's a manager on the Rover 2020 project.

Yea I know someone who's unemployed right now too.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I've discovered I somehow have way more money than coworkers who make 2-3x what I do. And I'm not even talking about the ones with kids.

Some people live life literally spending every cent they have. Nice apartment/condo/house, nice new car, expensive clothes... You wonder how they do it, and then something happens one day and you realize it's because they don't save anything.

I went through six months of unemployment soon after graduating college and kind of learned to always have something saved, and then in 2009 I got really into Suze Orman's CNBC show for while and still kinda of live or die by her 6-month emergency fund rule.

Also, from 2008 - June 2013, my wife was a contractor for the federal government. Contractors just get furloughed, and never get backpay. Luckily she never had one, just the threat of one to get us all stressed out and worried. When the big one came in Oct. 2013, the Ted Cruz green eggs and ham one, she was in a private sector job... that got closed down a few months later due to committing massive fraud against the federal government.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

LabyaMynora posted:

Some people live life literally spending every cent they have. Nice apartment/condo/house, nice new car, expensive clothes... You wonder how they do it, and then something happens one day and you realize it's because they don't save anything.

I went through six months of unemployment soon after graduating college and kind of learned to always have something saved, and then in 2009 I got really into Suze Orman's CNBC show for while and still kinda of live or die by her 6-month emergency fund rule.

Also, from 2008 - June 2013, my wife was a contractor for the federal government. Contractors just get furloughed, and never get backpay. Luckily she never had one, just the threat of one to get us all stressed out and worried. When the big one came in Oct. 2013, the Ted Cruz green eggs and ham one, she was in a private sector job... that got closed down a few months later due to committing massive fraud against the federal government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bKG0p6Tv9Q

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6

Genesplicer posted:

I design/build telecom electronics. Not on that project though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6

Grem posted:

Yea I know someone who's unemployed right now too.

:rimshot: