Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol we're conditioned to watch loving commercials :capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
wow I never thought about it like that

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I like the commercials that ironically pretend the product or service they're advertising is bad or silly in some way.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Real edgy for coke to just play a 30 second vid of a man making GBS threads himself

Harsh But True
Oct 13, 2016
If you don't drink bud light you must hate horses, dogs, and the military.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBfU6EDm2IA

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my favorite part is when the ump says 'let's get ready to commercialize!!!!'

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Love when beer companies pretend that beer doesn't taste like someone pissed in a bottle of water

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Love when beer commercials are too cowardly to show anyone actually drinking a beer because they're afraid of getting banned from advertising on TV like tobacco was

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

Love when beer commercials are too cowardly to show anyone actually drinking a beer because they're afraid of getting banned from advertising on TV like tobacco was

it's actually against the law to show people actually drinking a beer

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the good commercials will be on youtube but not the good parts of the game because there won't be any. so we can all just skip it and watch the puppy bowl

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

They're all bad.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

snack eater posted:

it's actually against the law to show people actually drinking a beer

Mark my words, this has been coming up in the news a little recently, so some company is going to get around this with their million billion dollar ad by having some 'comedian' wink at the camera before sipping from an obvious beer bottle with tape over it and 'CHOCOLATE MILK' scribbled on it in marker

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

the good commercials will be on youtube but not the good parts of the game because there won't be any. so we can all just skip it and watch the puppy bowl

i've got 20 bucks on the puptriots

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

Mark my words, this has been coming up in the news a little recently, so some company is going to get around this with their million billion dollar ad by having some 'comedian' wink at the camera before sipping from an obvious beer bottle with tape over it and 'CHOCOLATE MILK' scribbled on it in marker

that's why they drink water in the crown royal commercial

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
im gonna puree a bunch of wings and burgs and drench myself in the mixture while screaming capitalist literature

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Real edgy for coke to just play a 30 second vid of a man making GBS threads himself

Same but a man lamenting how he can't take a poo poo because of his opioid addiction and needs to take special pills for that.

Also puppy baby monkey 2.0

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I’m feeling like this is a cool ranch kind of year for Doritos.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It's a Tide commercial, LOL

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I've never watched superbowl and I more than likely never will.
I ESPECIALLY will not intentionally watch or listen commercials on any media platform or event.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

I ESPECIALLY will not intentionally watch or listen commercials on any media platform or event.

That's nice, dear.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

And yet you own a TV

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Not going to watch the game or the commercials.

I'm going to look forward to being the only person in the office tomorrow.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Being a contrarian is a good way to get attention.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Lol no one cares my man

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i like that one penguin that goes dooby dooby doo

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkavReH4LE0

people thought this commercial was really good. lmao

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Cross thread quotin'

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
I wonder which company is going to prove to me they are the most woke so I can feel a large amount of self satisfaction when I buy their products.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I can't wait to add more products to the list of WOKE bullshit

Go Pats

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

popewiles posted:

Cross thread quotin'

Sporting events are one giant advertisement and sports have been about tribalism and making money instead of fun for decades, op

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

popewiles posted:

Cross thread quotin'

No, I like sports, lots of them. I just think your pathetic superbowl is one giant capitalism marketing meme.
Not prestigious at all.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

No, I like sports, lots of them. I just think your pathetic superbowl is one giant capitalism marketing meme.
Not prestigious at all.

Like a vegan at a party, the goober non football fan must make his appearance known online

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Last years commercials were boring af. I feel like companies aren’t even trying to get us to buy their poo poo anymore.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Not prestigious at all.

Posted from my smartphone.

On the other hand, the Doritos samurai commercial is still the gold standard. Stay woke.
https://youtu.be/EbvrcaxCc9Y

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

A friend was telling me they're playing some spongebob song this year. Have they started doing meme commercials yet, or anime ones?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Not prestigious at all.

I'd like to know what sports you enjoy watching at the professional level that do not feature advertisements.
Thank you in advance.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They want effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PU22-fsGA0

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

CJacobs posted:

Sporting events are one giant advertisement and sports have been about tribalism and making money instead of fun for decades, op

lol i dont know about this tribalism liberal bullshit i just like to watch large men give eachother traumatic brain injury in tight pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
tom brady is a cheat like and share if you agree