Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/fart/status/1105900946406629381

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1105900947572580352

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1105900948780605440

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1105900949405499392

It took him like 8 years to do anything at all to help out the guy who he owes his entire writing career and online following to after being run out of this place for the crime of posting updates while wearing a green hoodie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Give your money to Richard so his children can eat what remains of his spine, please.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I just got kicked off twitter for either asking meghan mccain if she inherited her dads brain tumor or making a post about how death threats are good internet content

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

literally who

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Who is this fart guy? He seems terribly unfunny.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

the crime of posting updates while wearing a green hoodie

I still haven't forgiven him

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I wish fart were my twitter handle, if I had that I'd sell it and become a billionaire

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Many popular twitter posters and podcasters reference jokes specifically from this forum fairly frequently, and occasionally admit to having grown up here. But rather then say how it is an good place to post or recommending it they act all bashful and coy, or make reference to denigrating goon stereotypes. Even if the stereotypes are 100% true they are broadcasting to twitter, the toilet of the internet and downfall of society. There are infinite amounts of lovely people on that platform, so it isn't like our internet hole stinks worse than anyone else's. They should all be willing to give a shout out to the source of whatever they are referencing every now and then.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Moon Atari posted:

Many popular twitter posters and podcasters reference jokes specifically from this forum fairly frequently, and occasionally admit to having grown up here. But rather then say how it is an good place to post or recommending it they act all bashful and coy, or make reference to denigrating goon stereotypes. Even if the stereotypes are 100% true they are broadcasting to twitter, the toilet of the internet and downfall of society. There are infinite amounts of lovely people on that platform, so it isn't like our internet hole stinks worse than anyone else's. They should all be willing to give a shout out to the source of whatever they are referencing every now and then.

It rules when a media personality or popular writer is like "oh yeah I loving loved the SA forums in college. I spent so much time on there, and cut my teeth in comedy making all my friends laugh and I learned how to write essays well too. Oh my account name? Actually, I mostly just lurked. Yeah I didn't really post that much. I don't remember what my username actually was, now that I think about it."

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1105900946406629381

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1105900947572580352

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1105900948780605440

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1105900949405499392

It took him like 8 years to do anything at all to help out the guy who he owes his entire writing career and online following to after being run out of this place for the crime of posting updates while wearing a green hoodie

I don't think he owes his writing career to lowtax just because lowtax ran the site that he posted on

Thats like saying Michael Jordan owes his entire career to the chicago bulls for letting him play basketball there

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The first time I checked out Fyad docevil was posting a big thread about photoshopped Klingons with big dongs and everyone was really into it

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
No matter what he had a hand in creating he'll always be remembered for the shame of Smashmouth, eggs, and the pink iPhone.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

JakeP posted:

I don't think he owes his writing career to lowtax just because lowtax ran the site that he posted on

Thats like saying Michael Jordan owes his entire career to the chicago bulls for letting him play basketball there

Is the joke that he doesn't have a writing career outside of the poo poo he wrote here because I thought that's what he does for a living now

dk2m
May 6, 2009
weird twitter humor is now just twitter humor and since twitter got donald trump elected, i think its safe to say that SA has actually ruined the world

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
Goons have always tried collecting credit for anything successful on the internet that at any point had the flimsiest of interaction or association with SA. Whether or not those goons had any personal involvement in it (almost never) or not doesn't matter to them.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

dk2m posted:

weird twitter humor is now just twitter humor and since twitter got donald trump elected, i think its safe to say that SA has actually ruined the world

maybe we deserve to be shut down then

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he made me laugh a lot in fyad so idgaf

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cock Sucker posted:

Goons have always tried collecting credit for anything successful on the internet that at any point had the flimsiest of interaction or association with SA. Whether or not those goons had any personal involvement in it (almost never) or not doesn't matter to them.

There have been a decent amount of articles/histories of twitter marking SA posters setting the tone for the type of humor on twitter so there might actually be something to that one for better or worse

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Remember when he got owned by a dude in a shark suit heh good times, good times

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

dk2m posted:

uh sir vidoe games got donald turmp elected.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
More money, more spines

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Aesop Poprock posted:

There have been a decent amount of articles/histories of twitter marking SA posters setting the tone for the type of humor on twitter so there might actually be something to that one for better or worse

Yeah I see poo poo on Twitter like the sheriff of suckin u off and its really a direct descendant of the type of poo poo goons were making in SAs heyday

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

dk2m posted:

Last time I checked back in on weird twitter they had all become depressed and angry politics posters. The only people that seem to be having any fun are the anime posters, who have traditionally been considered the worst.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Moon Atari posted:

Last time I checked back in on weird twitter they had all become depressed and angry politics posters. The only people that seem to be having any fun are the anime posters, who have traditionally been considered the worst.

Thats because the dudes who used to make jokes about dads with jerkoff crystals are 39 years old now

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Private Cumshoe posted:

I wish fart were my twitter handle, if I had that I'd sell it and become a billionaire

Say what you want about him, but what an incredible coup it was to get that handle. Pure genius.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Moon Atari posted:

this is all correct. everyone wants to get the big retweets because they dropped the hot take no one had the courage to make. mostly it's just deluded nobodies with certain keywords in their handle to let you know that the noggin's been joggin' (resist, drumpf, covfefe, shillary, opinion, etc.)

the anime accounts are killing it right now. good memes, big dreams.

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 13, 2019

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Mozi posted:

he made me laugh a lot in fyad so idgaf
true,

but also true

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

numberoneposter posted:

true,

but also true

I'm convinced this is why he left SA, you can not come back from something like that. The shark was docevils extinction event

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
FYAD roasted him un-mercifully after that Smash Mouth egg event, it was hilarious

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KakerMix posted:

I'm convinced this is why he left SA, you can not come back from something like that. The shark was docevils extinction event

He tried to disappear and come back a few times but goons were so horrified that he was an exact mirror of their awkwardness irl that it never blew over lol

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

FYAD roasted him un-mercifully after that Smash Mouth egg event, it was hilarious

*live tweets on a pink iphone while a dude in a shark outfit harasses me* "ha ha eat an egg smash mouth"

good times

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

That’s because the dudes who used to make jokes about dads with jerkoff crystals are 39 years old now

Sad what a lifetime of unfulfilled dreams and crushed hope does to a man. Meanwhile I've spent most of my twenties getting dumber and less uptight and I don't plan on shifting directions anytime soon.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
his one mistake was going outside

let us all learn from his terrible blunder

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
nvm

dev286 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 13, 2019

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I witnessed this in person.

That's about all I have to say about it though.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

numberoneposter posted:

true,

but also true

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

Thats because the dudes who used to make jokes about dads with jerkoff crystals are 39 years old now

we're all the jerkoff dad now

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

man nurse posted:

I witnessed this in person.

That's about all I have to say about it though.

Can you at least say if the crowd was more/less awkward than what was happening on stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

How has at fart have a face like a baby even though he is in his late 30's?

This is the most baffling thing about this whole ordeal.