Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

This is the thread where you can post a little piece of advice or something that you've learned that has improved your life and hopefully everone reading can apply it in theirs and make a small positive change in you're lives as well

Heres mine:

You should interact with others as if they're a different version of you who started in different circumstances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should do it

--opioid Sr.

also, be nice to dogs

Korean Boomhauer
carry a spare change of pants and underwear in ur car at all times and also carry a membership to a gym so u can trust more farts with impunity

Areola Grande

Korean Boomhauer posted:

carry a spare change of pants and underwear in ur car at all times and also carry a membership to a gym so u can trust more farts with impunity

Trust no farts, EVER. especially this guy's :cawg:

-- opioid Jr.

Goons Are Gifts

To improve is to change. To perfect is to have smoked pot often.

-Weedston Church-ill

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

Goons Are Great posted:

To improve is to change. To perfect is to have smoked pot often.

-Weedston Church-ill

Unless you’re in a state where weed isn’t legal then in which case that advice is null.

Robot Made of Meat

"Act as if the future of the universe depends on what you do, while laughing at yourself for thinking your actions make any difference."

This piece of advice has made me feel much better and calmer on many occasions, while my sister finds it to be abusrd and counterproductive.

I believe this shows a fundamental difference between my sister and myself.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

Robot Made of Meat posted:

"Act as if the future of the universe depends on what you do, while laughing at yourself for thinking your actions make any difference."

This piece of advice has made me feel much better and calmer on many occasions, while my sister finds it to be abusrd and counterproductive.

I believe this shows a fundamental difference between my sister and myself.

Is your sister half robot?

Robot Made of Meat

phantump21 posted:

Is your sister half robot?

Oh, if only.

Goons Are Gifts

Chill is a Choice.

Areola Grande

when you find yourself in a new crowd (like byob, for example) go with the flow. don't try to be the flow.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

if you get anxious about eye contact with people you can look at the bridge of their nose instead

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

I assume you want a robosister.

vanisher

Tebulot posted:

if you get anxious about eye contact with people you can look at the bridge of their nose instead

Good advice.

lol but

body is a dinosaur
unless you are about to gently caress or fight you do not really need all that much eye contact. think of it as you think of capers

vanisher

Its amazing how little nice things for someone without any thought of something in return will create crazy strong friendships.

Also we all undervalue things we do that we find easy. I know I hear compliments and sometimes wonder if they are being ironic or fake nice. Its best to assume everyone is genuine and not overthink things.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

lol but

body is a dinosaur
the day you learn to just take the compliment is a powerful day

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.
Be awesome everyday. - Some famous guy

Korean Boomhauer
install gentoo - linux man

Robot Made of Meat

lol but seriously I posted:

I keep hoping this day will come for me. Perhaps it will.

Goons Are Gifts

Receiving an honest compliment by another human or other species is always such a brutally positive feeling, especially as society usually expects you to turn it down publicly.

Take it in and feel good about it. You have reasons for others to honestly compliment you!

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Learning to accept complements was super hard to do but I got there, although I still feel the instant and sudden urge to give one back otherwise I feel weird

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

opioid agonist posted:

when you find yourself in a new crowd (like byob, for example) go with the flow. don't try to be the flow.
I agree. This is a lesson I have also had to learn

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

vanisher posted:

I know I hear compliments and sometimes wonder if they are being ironic or fake nice.
Someday we'll all figure out how to explain to luvcow that we really do find his paintings amazing

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

Goons Are Gifts

If you feel bad, :justpost:

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Always have a spare bag of pasta or two in your cupboard. In fact, maybe more than a few. Pasta doesn't go bad, and its good to have in case of financial downturns or illness where you can't leave the house for a few days.

Historical Wizards

Across Vvardenfell there are a few damaged glass daggers that can be purchased for cheap, repaired for a small sum, and then sold for fat stacks.
One such example is sold by a pawnbroker in Suran.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Historical Wizards posted:

Across Vvardenfell there are a few damaged glass daggers that can be purchased for cheap, repaired for a small sum, and then sold for fat stacks.
One such example is sold by a pawnbroker in Suran.

lol

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

glowing-fish posted:

Always have a spare bag of pasta or two in your cupboard. In fact, maybe more than a few. Pasta doesn't go bad, and its good to have in case of financial downturns or illness where you can't leave the house for a few days.

Beans too, always be ready to make enough chili to feed an army just add meat. Any meat really it's the only thing you need fresh and ileven in the nuclear apocalypse even rat or roche meat will do.

xcheopis

pixaal posted:

Beans too, always be ready to make enough chili to feed an army just add meat. Any meat really it's the only thing you need fresh and ileven in the nuclear apocalypse even rat or roche meat will do.

And cans of broth. I've been so grateful I stocked up when hit with serious illness.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Spices can make any rudimentary ingredients into something worth making again too.

also

Everybody who ever got good at something got there by practice. You can' do anything really well if you practice it enough probably

mongolia

rznv

Tebulot

im hip now bois

also post in byob more it's good for your mental health just like im doing now see?

do the same, just be cchill in all things yaknow

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

lol but seriously I posted:

:five:

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
It doesn't sound inspiring or anything but one of the most impactful things I've figured out is that aside from a select few close people nobody cares about me. This is a good thing. Nobody is really judging me, or noticing me, or cares what I'm doing because they're all preoccupied with their own poo poo. It's great, and once I realized this my confidence rocketed.

WindmillSlayer

imagine if you will that there's two pills to take in front of you and one is blue and one is red. If you pick the blue pill things stay the same, but if you take the red one you'r whole life could change. What I'm trying to say is, pick the red pill today :)

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
But I don't want to be a horrible misogynist. I hate myself enough already.

WindmillSlayer

Resting Lich Face posted:

But I don't want to be a horrible misogynist. I hate myself enough already.

Just trying to make a mildly funny joke about the loving matrix let's not bring something as divisive as weather or not misogyny is good or bad into this forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face

I was just making a joke about how "taking the red pill" has been co-opted by shitheads.