Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is your position?
This poll is closed.
for 27 19.57%
against 49 35.51%
gently caress you im not voting 62 44.93%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

it’s obvious that there is a serious schism within our great country. All across the US, friendships are being ended, families are not on speaking terms, and communities are divided due to differing social and cultural values- much of the difference is generational. and the people in power are no less divided, nothing gets done because everyone hates one another because of their personal belief. i know we aren’t supposed to talk about it on this forum but dang it im sick and tired of this poo poo, we need to talk about it. and we need to take a stand for our country.

so let’s get down to it: are you for or against anime

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Banime, it is the only way.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Cancel it, ban it, set it on fire, and nuke it from orbit.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The only good anime is Dragonball Z and G Gundam everything else is garbage

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Who What Now posted:

The only good anime is Dragonball Z and G Gundam everything else is garbage

The only good anime is Mickey Mouse and even then it's not worth saving.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

You can't divide by zero!! Hahahaha!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Who What Now posted:

The only good anime is Dragonball Z and G Gundam everything else is garbage NONE OF IT. IT'S ALL TERRIBLE.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

im the huge forearms from holding big ol jugs up all day long

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
If you're an anime centrist then you're just tacitly supporting the anime status quo.

ban all anime

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
fox news winning for the legal right to present entertainment outright bullshit as fact and news on a 24/7 propaganda tv network is pretty much the lynch pin that made the current state of things possible
we saw this coming way back when

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

gary oldmans diary posted:

fox news winning for the legal right to present entertainment outright bullshit as fact and news on a 24/7 propaganda tv network is pretty much the lynch pin that made the current state of things possible

Uhhh... someone doesn't know what this thread is about.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
voting is a loving illusion and it doesnt matter whatsoever

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
One time a permabanned dude had a nuclear meltdown accusing Jose of defending an anime for pedophiles and also of being a furry

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Buddy, that ain't but just a fraction of it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I would miss Goku if he was gone but I cannot in good conscience support the bulk majority of what anime undeniably is

with regret, anime must be eradicated completely from existence. may the supreme kai forgive us

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

anime is the fourth great scourge after alcohol, opium and not eating rear end

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
"The" country? i think it's very presumptuous to assume everyone lives in the United States.

Maybe you would like me to post about Justine Trudeau and the SNC Lavalamp scandal?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Goku.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There'd be a lot less division in this country if we stopped dividing ourselves with words and started dividing each other's assholes with our dicks!!

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

There'd be a lot less division in this country if we stopped dividing ourselves with words and started dividing each other's assholes with our dicks!!

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Remember when anime was about robots and violence and fuckawesome animated gore with somewhat cool plotlines that often take place in outer space?

When did it turn into comically oversized tits and gross pedo wank?

Android Lust
Sep 2, 2012

anime hosed my wife and killed my kids

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

Remember when anime was about robots and violence and fuckawesome animated gore with somewhat cool plotlines that often take place in outer space?

When did it turn into comically oversized tits and gross pedo wank?

pretty sure Ghost in the Shell was the peak

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Report: Jacksonville man blames anime for molesting girl posted:

Authorities wrote that Hughes appeared to be “distraught” following the incident and then asked an officer if he had children, according to the report obtained by WJAX-TV.

“Do you have children? If you do, keep them away from Anime and Manga. They’re perverted and sick. I am an idiot.”
for gods sake listen to this idiot

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Colonel Cancer posted:

The only good anime is Aggretsuko and even then it's not worth saving.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I like anime actually. And hell I like the anime that Netflix is making. They just made some freaky robot sex thing. I don't know if its anime but I like it. I'm gonna go crank my hog to it. Nah it's late, I'll do it tomorrow. At least it's bagel friday tomorrow. Haha TGIF, am I right?

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

I watched 'Love, Death + Robots' on Netflix and couldn't decide if it was anime.

I mean it was animated and had a poo poo ton of full frontal nudity in it but I didn't notice any thousand year old dragons that look like teenage girls so I'm unsure. One episode definitely had furries in it so there's that.

Should I hate myself more than I already do?

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I like anime actually. And hell I like the anime that Netflix is making. They just made some freaky robot sex thing. I don't know if its anime but I like it. I'm gonna go crank my hog to it. Nah it's late, I'll do it tomorrow. At least it's bagel friday tomorrow. Haha TGIF, am I right?

Looks like we have the same problem. Hug?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

*huggles u*

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

voted goku

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

deported to Canada posted:

I watched 'Love, Death + Robots' on Netflix and couldn't decide if it was anime.

I mean it was animated and had a poo poo ton of full frontal nudity in it but I didn't notice any thousand year old dragons that look like teenage girls so I'm unsure. One episode definitely had furries in it so there's that.

Should I hate myself more than I already do?

All tv shows are anime with the exception of Blue Bloods starting Donnie Wahlberg.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Voted against. There is enough anime that normalizes pedophilia and the sexualization of minors that it's tainted all of it. If you consume anime you are complicit. I would not leave any child alone with an anime watcher under any circumstances. When I'm hiring at work I do the usual due dilligence of looking into what they get up to online and I pass over anyone who's online footprint displays even a passing interest in anime. I will not encourage pedophilia and I will not put money of the pockets of someone who indulges in a hobby that's one stepped removed from endorsing the rape of children.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

counterpoint: amine is good

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Goku will save us from the pedo anime degenerates

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Anime seems like it may be cool and i might possibly enjoy it if it did not mean i would be lumped into a group with the other people who like anime.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

gary oldmans diary posted:

Gotta catch em all!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Eh should have gone with
gary oldmans diary! Return!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Look fellas I got some news.
Like when us currently late 20's, 30 somethings were youths, anime was the nerdy crap liked by freaks and geeks (us).
But that poo poo is a vanilla as hell part of basic young people consumption now. Same with video games. Strange internet jokes...

Like youse guys are fighting a dead rear end fight from many moons ago, imagining yourselves fighting off the neckbeards of yesteryear (very possibly your younger self).
But it just ain't that anymore.

Is this horrifying or fine? It is not for me to say. It simply is.
You... we... are old now... *looks off into middle distance* the world is anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I only seen animes from the 80's to late 90's. I do enjoy the super over the top violence and gore. If there is a ban and a national buy back. I won't be upset.