Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Steve Tomson is fighting Tony Pettis in Nashville. There are other people fighting as well, such as:

Angela Hill
The guy that ripped his nuts asunder
A skeleton with an afro
the Juciest Formiga (that is brazilian for ant)
Rayzor Blaydes

Let's watch fights and talk about them here so that the people who Dont Watch Fights can pretend to know what is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
this is the only thing i remember about shelton

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

good op, im here to watch fights. hope some punches happen

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Solid OP

That is a bad tattoo Shelton has of his own name

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'm surprised that Afro-skeletal motherfucker is even fighting

e] I only saw round 3, but 30-27 seems pretty harsh

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 23, 2019

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

not quite sure how that got 30-27s but okay

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

gonna listen to this in the background, mayube

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Holy poo poo I don't care about this random dude's brother

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Well this might be slightly worse than "being bullied is a good base for mma"

edit: "Main Event" is a great nickname for the same reason "The Prospect" is a lovely one.

Brut fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm really bummed out that Luis Pena missed weight

No idea what he's doing being that tall in that division but he seems like a good dude and I was hoping that violent bob ross would be successful

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
"I'll see you again" - Bruce Buffer to MacDonald (shortly before yelling SET EM UP SET EM UP)

Was the first fight worth watching? I got home just in time to see a unanimous decision get booed so I'm guessing no?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Brut posted:

Was the first fight worth watching? I got home just in time to see a unanimous decision get booed so I'm guessing no?

it was bad

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Randa Markos vs Angela Hill lol

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
That was the best Markos has ever looked.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Hahahahahaha while they're waiting for it to cut back from ads the camera as in markos face and she waves and says "Hi mom hi everyone" it was loving adorable.

Le Saboteur posted:

That was the best Markos has ever looked.

also this^

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Going to tune in now. What was the sub in the markos hill fight?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

spb posted:

Armbar

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

spb posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ufc/status/1109582242903281664

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Holy poo poo one of Maia's corner guys looks Rumble big

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
mods are asleep post big rumble

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Huh.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Dan Didio posted:

mods are asleep post big rumble

Uh I tried to capture the stool time between round 2 and 3 but they showed Davis corner for the entire minute. Hopefully you saw him during win celebrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

drat, chito

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
So is there ever any pushback from Refs for hitting someone in the back of the head? I've seen fighters reminded not to do it, but it seems like you should just go for it until you're told to stop.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
It didn't look like Vera was limping when the fight first ended but he's definitely limping now, anyone see what happened?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brut posted:

It didn't look like Vera was limping when the fight first ended but he's definitely limping now, anyone see what happened?

maybe he tried to do the worm and hosed up

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

LobsterMobster posted:

maybe he tried to do the worm and hosed up

Haha yeah that's what I had in mind.

He did jump up on the side of the cage and yelled a bunch of stuff in Spanish while sitting on it, might've been when he came back down, now that I think about it.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Mr_Moose posted:

So is there ever any pushback from Refs for hitting someone in the back of the head? I've seen fighters reminded not to do it, but it seems like you should just go for it until you're told to stop.

He started on the ear. Turning your brainstem into hammerfists isn't intelligently defending yourself so the ref called it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Good jabs.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

time to get

T H U G N A S T Y

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
The wolf man vs thug nasty

I hope they both lose

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Also this ref looks like a huge dork

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
looks like tearing your own nuts off with a power tool is a pretty good base for mma. it doesn't crack the top three (soccer, steroids, being bullied), but it's strong.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Lot of weird grappling going on here

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

where did they find a PBP guy even more bland than Anik?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I got 29-28 torn balls

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I thought Mitchell won

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

AY PAPAW

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
CAMO SHORTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

lol