Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Sega was the best console manufacturer ever. They made all the best gadgets and super cool video game systems that had unique technology with amazing capabilities such as blast processing. Not only that, but they made games with blood and other cool poo poo that Nintendo wouldn't do because Nintendo were total pussies.

When you were in school and you would talk to your buddies about video games, you were always top dog if you had a Sega Megadrive (or a Genesis if you're American!). Anyone who had a Nintendo was gay and everyone ridiculed them for it, haha. When you spoke about Mortal Kombat, you were the cool guy that had the version with blood rather than the baby version that didn't. And you also had Sonic instead of a fat plumber that fights turtles.

But the best thing about having a Sega Megadrive/Genesis console was that it looked cool as gently caress, and all the neat addons you could get made you the fuckin' best at everything. I mean, check out this cool poo poo:

The Console

It just looks so loving cool. It's black, it has a curvy controller and it just looks badass. All you have to do is look at that amazing piece of equipment and the only thing that goes through your mind is 'I have to have that console, its the loving best, I hope mom worked overtime so I can get one'. And not only that, Sega were so cool they even made a second model that took up less space and had a better video output. And it had two red buttons. How much cooler can you get?
This is the 2nd model:

It's bad rear end, and you know it.

PowerBase Converter
What else was really cool is that if you had a Master System (which was way cooler than the NES) is that you could play your Master System games on your Megadrive/Genesis. All you had to do was buy the Powerbase Converter and you're done.
Plus, the Powerbase Converter also looked cool in it's own right, like a stealth bomber.

If you got one though, you had to make sure it was the right model because it wouldn't' work in your Megadrive II/Genesis II. If you had one of those, you had to buy a different Powerbase Converter. This is because it wouldn't fit, you idiot! lol if your dumb idiot rear end bought the wrong edition for your console. You probably did that because you suck or you didn't tell your nan which model you needed. Idiot.

Controllers
You know what else rocked about the Megadrive/Genesis? If you wanted to be the best at Street Fighter II, sometimes you had to press the buttons really fast. Sega knew this and knew that people wanted to be the best, so they made this cool controller for anyone that wanted to kick rear end at Street Fighter II. Trust me I know, I beat everyone in my class at that game and it was all because of this high-tech control pad.

Sega also knew that sometimes you nerds were so poo poo with cables that they made WIRELESS controllers. Yep, and they worked, too, most of the time. It also meant that you could throw your controller around the room when you got frustrated at losing Street Fighter II because you're so crap. They were great for throwing at siblings and their boomerang shape made you think they'd come back but they never did, they just broke. But they still looked hella cool, I mean just look at them

If you were a total gaylord and liked Nintendo because they released a mouse then guess what, buster? Sega did too. And it was way cooler as well but that isn't surprising because it was black like all their other inventions. And it also had like, three buttons and a start button. Nintendo didn't have THAT! But Sega didn't really have any games that worked with it either so I dont know why you would want one. But the fact that it is better means that Sega wins anyway, so gently caress you.

Sega also made the best light guns. Nintendo made a bazooka thing that took about 300 DD batteries but the Sega one was smaller, looked cooler and took less batteries. And guess what? It was better and it had a cooler name. gently caress your super scope, the Menacer had a much more intimidating name. Basically if you got a super scope you were a gay loser but if you got a menacer you were king of the losers at your school.

Also if you were a total dumbass you might have bought a Nintendo We and boasted about your motion controls. Well guess what else, loser? Sega did that ages ago! All you had to do was build a black ring and then do judo and karate in the middle and you would just win at games if you were skilled enough. I personally had a blue belt at judo practice from when i did martial arts after school every Wednesday so I was really good with this. No one could beat me at Mortal Kombat and you know what else? I was so good at judo that I could beat you at any other genesis game too. If you dont believe me you can ask my brother, he saw me beat everyone once but he isn't a SA person so you'll have to ask him yourself and no you cant have his number because he doesn't like strangers to have it.

If you really want to know how far Sega were ahead of the times then I guess you never heard of the Sega Action Chair. Basically you sit in this chair and you become the controller. Turn left and right, push buttons, rock forwards and backwards. You could do wheelies and stuff in Road Rash (which i was also the best at btw) and you wouldn't even have to hold a controller. And what's more is that you probably didnt even realise it exists because you were too busy trying to get mario to hump turtles and bring flowers for a dumb rear end girl princess that a lizard was holding hostage. God, you're such a loser. This chair is the best and I still use mine to this day for when I have dinner in front of the tv, or sit in my garden to drink beer.

Add-Ons
Sega was also the best because they made a CD addon for their console. If you were in Europe it was the Mega CD (because its another loving cool name) but if you were in USA it was Sega CD which is still okay I guess, but doesn't have the same 'hit' that Mega CD does. This device was so cool that it elevated your console higher than it was before and used an extra power socket. It only needed the extra power socket so it could give you all the extra power you needed to play THE BEST games available. Some of the best ones were FMV games and it was like watching a movie. Night Trap was so loving cool that a bunch of angry moms tried to get it banned lol. Just look at how loving cool your console looked after getting this upgrade!!!!

But that isn't all!! They also released the 32X which made your video games EVEN BETTER if thats even possible!!! It was basically like a Playstation before it was a thing. And it made your console even higher AGAIN and took up another power socket because it was just that loving powerful! Just lol if you didn't have one of these, you must have been the worst in school or been really poor if you didn't have one. In either case I feel sorry for you because everyone must have called you gay or something. The best part is that it looked like a nuclear mushroom cloud erupting from your video game because thats how powerful it was. Sega also made a cool ad that said 'Mommy, what are those two sega consoles doing?' because it was a funny sex joke, and sex is the best. I would know, I had sex loads of times and it was almost as good as Knuckles Chaotix, but not quite.

Anyway this is a thread to talk about Sega and all the cool poo poo Sega have done. Please don't talk about lovely Nintendo in this thread because I banned that kind of talk here and also talking about Nintendo will just make you more of a loser than what you already are

edit

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I play PC games OP.

Console my balls in your mouth OP!

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

If they were so great at making consoles why aren’t they still doing it?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Blast processing

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
sonic 2 is better than super mario world but sonic only had the one really good game but still tho

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

lol but seriously posted:

sonic 2 is better than super mario world but sonic only had the one really good game but still tho

mario world sucks.

yoshis island good.

kinda weird the snes only really had those two Mario games

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Chrs Gry posted:

Because there was no competition left you idiot, they basically gave up after being untouchable

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

This guy gets it

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Angelwolf posted:

This guy gets it

And by "it," you mean pussy

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Sid Vicious posted:

Blast processing

I heard something recently that blast processing was actually the name of something the genesis could do (more colors on screen or something) and not just a marketing buzzword

Except no commercially released game used it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

pretty soft girl posted:

I heard something recently that blast processing was actually the name of something the genesis could do (more colors on screen or something) and not just a marketing buzzword

Except no commercially released game used it

Michael Jackson music

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Y'all wanna play Night Trap?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:colbert:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
sonic exploited the child soldier tails when will the crooked media be brave enough to print the truth?!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Dandywalken posted:

Y'all wanna play Night Trap?

Poor Dana Plato :(

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Sure the hardware may have been cooler, but Nintendo actually made games that people want to play. There are like one games on the Genesis that were worth fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and you didn't need to buy some big stupid expansion deck to play one game on the SNES, you just... bought the game. It had all the fancy poo poo built into the cartridge.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ha ha
gross

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

:hmmyes:

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
everything about the 32x is sad & unfortunate

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Chrs Gry posted:

They were so great that they made their consoles really quickly, and losers (:911:) decided that they'd rather embrace medicrioty than keep up with Sega's exponentially growing greatness.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Genesis had altered beast so it was better.

Rise from your graaave!

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sono posted:

They were so great that they made their consoles really quickly, and losers (:911:) decided that they'd rather embrace medicrioty than keep up with Sega's exponentially growing greatness.

Never ceases to amuse me that most Americans preferred the SNES but Genesis had the best sports games.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sega's doing 15-20 with a chance to get out in 10 after that incident at the bus stop. Nintendon't because well adjusted people know better.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Sega was cooler because Nintendo took out the blood and gory fatalities from MK1

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Holy gently caress not reading that OP, but
lets be real, kids that had segas grew up to be alphas and kids that grew up with Nintendo became incels.

The switch is pretty dope tho I like the new mario game I play it with my wife who I have sex with a lot (had a Sega as a kid)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I had a uh, master system? Pre Genesis Sega console it was pretty sweet man

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sid Vicious posted:

I had a uh, master system? Pre Genesis Sega console it was pretty sweet man

wow maybe fire that bad boy back up if you can get the steam engine up to temp and post a Let's Play of Rock Simulator after your nap, grandpa. Now if you'll excuse me I've got a Laguna Beach cap to rock as I head over to Sonics house (it's my birthday and he's throwing me a party and no you can't come)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Big Beef City posted:

wow maybe fire that bad boy back up if you can get the steam engine up to temp and post a Let's Play of Rock Simulator after your nap, grandpa. Now if you'll excuse me I've got a Laguna Beach cap to rock as I head over to Sonics house (it's my birthday and he's throwing me a party and no you can't come)

Did you take my ensure

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

sega released a digital camera years before nintendo ripped them off with the inferior game boy camera

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
The Sega kids always had hosed up families or something. And you could always tell which kids they were before they even brought up video games.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sega doesn’t have Metroid or Zelda

so how can it be better

IDIOT

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
is it any coincidence that the sega kids seemed to have a higher frequency of ASD

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

unpleasantly turgid posted:

is it any coincidence that the sega kids seemed to have a higher frequency of ASD

is it any coincidence that I do not know what ASD is?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

is it any coincidence that I do not know what ASD is?

Autism spectrum disorder my man

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted:

Autism spectrum disorder my man

oh.
Not sure if that is a problem or not

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Tony Snark posted:

Never ceases to amuse me that most Americans preferred the SNES but Genesis had the best sports games.

Had the best sports game, Mutant League Football.

Kill the ref

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

My genesis broke after falling 1.5 feet on to the ground. Also if there was a version of moron kombat 11 coming out next week that didnt have the blood and gore id purchase that edition SO FAST.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hell Stink posted:

Had the best sports game, Mutant League Football.

Kill the ref

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

what was th game that was formatted like the pages of a comic book