Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChromiumCrush
Sep 6, 2010
Hi,

Does anyone know of a device I could attach to a Bong so that in the unfortunate event it is tipped over on a hard wood floor it won't break?
I was thinking I could get PVC pipe and have it sticking out of the base so it can't ever be tipped over.

I'm a bit clumsy and I don't want to break my new bong.
I tried googling it but couldn't find much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Just have your mom hold it for you.

e: Make a mini-papasan for it, so it's cozy and safe.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 25, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't think there's anything you can do to stop glass from breaking if it hits a hard surface, but stopping it from even being able to tip is pretty clever.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
wrap a fuckload of electrical tape around it and a string tied securely to your ceiling fan so if you ever drop it if just swings around

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
bubble wrap; also, consider adapting a trombone stand.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Butt plug

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

ChromiumCrush posted:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a device I could attach to a Bong so that in the unfortunate event it is tipped over on a hard wood floor it won't break?
I was thinking I could get PVC pipe and have it sticking out of the base so it can't ever be tipped over.

I'm a bit clumsy and I don't want to break my new bong.
I tried googling it but couldn't find much.

Bongs are gross.

ChromiumCrush
Sep 6, 2010

communist kangaroo posted:

wrap a fuckload of electrical tape around it and a string tied securely to your ceiling fan so if you ever drop it if just swings around

I was thinking a thick rubber donut around the mid section could cushion the fall if it tips, I'll bet a ton of electrical tape would be kind of the same.

Suspending it from a tether in the middle of my room would definitely work but that is a significant under taking.

Pewdiepie posted:

Bongs are gross.

No.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Pewdiepie posted:

Bongs are gross.

Probably not if you wash them?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Glue it to a night stand and get someone to take a hit and blow it into your mouth if you ever get too lazy to move

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
just get bong insurance

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

jimmyjams posted:

just get bong insurance

if only

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

its all nice on rice posted:

Probably not if you wash them?

Post your bong.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I've dropped my bong like a half dozen times and it still hasn't broken. Get a better bong maybe

ChromiumCrush
Sep 6, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Post your bong.

Even if it's dirty, it is just dirty with weed, which is what you are smoking anyway you dingus!

Away all Goats posted:

I've dropped my bong like a half dozen times and it still hasn't broken. Get a better bong maybe

I had my old bong for like 10 year before it broke. I was gonna be sad but it is just a bong lol.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Pewdiepie posted:

Post your bong.

I don't smoke. Just going off of basic cleanliness stuff but "lol goons."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Glue a bunch of bouncy-balls to your bong. So it'll just bounce harmless off the ground!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ChromiumCrush posted:

Even if it's dirty, it is just dirty with weed, which is what you are smoking anyway you dingus!

I had my old bong for like 10 year before it broke. I was gonna be sad but it is just a bong lol.

fukkin lol if u don't have a funeral and 21 fun salute for ur bongs that fell while serving

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i break everything so i dont really buy glass anymore. when smoking through water i mostly use a glass bowl stem connected to 1/2" tubing into and back out a mason jar. its cool cause you can pull the bowl out and hookup concentrate pens also

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
hot-glue a strip of rubber to just the outer-most edges or use a self adhesive strip

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
When all you got is a 3d printer and CAD ability everything looks like a nail

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I pretty much just do edibles but aren't there plenty of non-glass bong options? Or does glass really work best?

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Open the box of donuts next to you and slide a few around the inhalation shaft

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I pretty much just do edibles but aren't there plenty of non-glass bong options? Or does glass really work best?

Glass is best

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Put it inside of a large balloon filled with weed smoke. Woah bro.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Stick it in a lidless tupperware container when you put it down, so if you knock it over, it'll just hit the side. also: why are you smoking on the floor

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Could you make some sort of bong cozy? You really only need the top and the heating part exposed, right?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I ran out of lighter gas and now see the appeal of a hemp wick.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Could you make some sort of bong cozy? You really only need the top and the heating part exposed, right?

don't forget to place it on top of the doily.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
a wood crate with a faux fur skin is a nice receptacle

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Keep it pinned between your knee and your beard, with your beard firmly in the mouth end, when sitting in your chair playing Playstation.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

There are silicon bongs. My ham-handed stoner buddy has one because he kept dropping glass poo poo.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I bought a Volcano when I was a broke college kid and it was real dumb at the time but a decade+ later and it's still going strong. I just use oven-safe turkey bags as replacements when they start getting gross. The whole thing is over 500 dollars but it's as clean burning as propane, you can save the vaped weed to cook with and it's nice to have a bag hanging around to smoke whenever you want. If you dropped a bag and shattered it I would be really impressed OP

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

Back in my smoking days I preferred metal pipes because they couldn't break, but all my peers hated them for some reason and they could never give an adequate reason why.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

sweet thursday posted:

I bought a Volcano when I was a broke college kid and it was real dumb at the time but a decade+ later and it's still going strong. I just use oven-safe turkey bags as replacements when they start getting gross. The whole thing is over 500 dollars but it's as clean burning as propane, you can save the vaped weed to cook with and it's nice to have a bag hanging around to smoke whenever you want. If you dropped a bag and shattered it I would be really impressed OP

I bought an E-nano recently, much cheaper and simpler than a Volcano and it has a lovely wood finish. I also have an Arizer Go. Vapes 4 life muthafukkka

ChromiumCrush
Sep 6, 2010

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Stick it in a lidless tupperware container when you put it down, so if you knock it over, it'll just hit the side. also: why are you smoking on the floor

My room doesn't have table to put the bong on.
Well, it does but the table is in my closet because I got an oculus and so I rearranged things to maximize space for beat saber.

I think I could get some bulky adhesives from home depot to put on the bottom.
Maybe if I glued the middle to a big tupperware bowl it would just bob around?

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
My bong has a diamond shaped bottom and two kinks in the neck so it rests on its side like a ship in a bottle without spilling. My advice is to get a bong this cool and never worry about tipping again.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Register your bong in the VR software so its location shows up when you play.

edit: POV Bong Rips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m_cnqJya08

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Coat the floor of your smoking area with giant rubber gym mats. The soft ones like they use in aerobic studios, not the hard rubber ones they use in the freeweight area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Or since you're already doing VR, have you considered filling the room with balls (for safety)?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Manufacture-8cm-Plastic-Playpen-Balls-Ball_60116118548.html