Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwimmingSpider

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
its good

the guy turn to rubber/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

hey another SS! I like your av friend, spiders are v cool!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Ate you sure? I believe one piece is an anime, and it is a scientific fact that all animes are bad.

SwimmingSpider

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Stoner Sloth posted:

hey another SS! I like your av friend, spiders are v cool!

spiders are verycool!!!!! i think sloths are pretty darn good too!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Ate you sure? I believe one piece is an anime, and it is a scientific fact that all animes are bad.

one piece is a manga actually

Scaly Haylie

yo ho ho he took a bite of gum gum

Escape From Noise

My name is the same as a villain in that show (Aaron) so it's a handy way to help Japanese people remember my name.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

That's cool glad you like something and are enjoying it good day

Goons Are Gifts

Stay safe op, animes are dangerous and can lead you to the hells of coupons & deals

nut

ya i guess thats ok but maybe try world piece op

google THIS

SwimmingSpider posted:

its good

the guy turn to rubber/

I've never watched one piece but that seems like a handy power especially if his enemies are glue.

google THIS fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 12, 2019

google THIS

Anime Nerd: Hey do you like One Piece?

Me: (trying to appear knowledgeable) *cough* Well yes it is my favorite style of swimsuit so it is only natural that I would enjoy a show about it.

Heather Papps

hello friend

but akira

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

That's cool glad you like something and are enjoying it good day

yes this

Stooge

anime turned my dog into a weeb.

he said he was a ronin before taking his lead in his mouth and walking himself

google THIS

Somewhere there is an anime called Two Piece and they're all big losers who get relentlessly mocked for not preferring a singular piece. I like the crossover episode where they team up with Two Punch Man.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stooge posted:

he said he was a ronin before taking his lead in his mouth and walking himself

hmmm yes.

sips tea

Escape From Noise

Akira Mockingbird

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Akira Mockingbird

Asa Akira Mockingbird

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

SwimmingSpider posted:

its good

the guy turn to rubber/

I have only read the first few but it's got a really fun vibe. I like it too. At some point they give one of the girls gigantic boobs and it seems weirdly pervy for a comic that is pretty kid friendly for the first several books.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Also she is clearly wearing a two piece and that goes against the spirit of the show.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Jolo posted:

Also she is clearly wearing a two piece and that goes against the spirit of the show.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goons Are Gifts

Jolo posted:

Stooge

Heather Papps posted:

hmmm yes.

sips tea

im going to have to stop having afternoon tea with you if you won't take my ronin dog problem seriously, papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

a ronin is a samurai devoted to bushido, not a fallible shogun or lord reagent

Heather Papps

hello friend

u should be proud!

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

a ronin is a samurai devoted to bushido, not a fallible shogun or lord reagent

:actually: Ronin were disgraced samurai and we're often synonymous with bandits.

Heather Papps

hello friend

:actually: Ronin were disgraced samurai and we're often synonymous with bandits.

i'll fight you a ronin is a masterless samurai not a bad one

Heather Papps

hello friend

masters were bad and then they would be deposed and their retainers would go to the winds that is cool as gently caress

Goons Are Gifts

They really needed that hairdresser dude in the crew.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Jolo posted:

I have only read the first few but it's got a really fun vibe. I like it too. At some point they give one of the girls gigantic boobs and it seems weirdly pervy for a comic that is pretty kid friendly for the first several books.

this is puberty i guess rite?

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

masters were bad and then they would be deposed and their retainers would go to the winds that is cool as gently caress

:siren: EFFORT POST AHEAD:siren:

Samurai and the class system were actually pretty bad. Being a samurai meant following a rigid set of rules that could leave lower ranking families in poverty with no real means at supplemental income due to laws governing the kind of work they could do. Samurai owned land...sort of (it was kind of on loan from their lord) but didn't work it, they were supposed to refine their military and courtly pursuits. For this the samurai's master would allot a certain amount of land called koku (1 koku could produce 5.12 U.S. bushels of rice, considered the amount needed to feed a man for a year). The peasants had to work the land in exchange for an allotment of crops from the samurai family gave them. The samurai families also needed to give a certain amount to their lord. Below them were the burakumin (untouchables) who had to live completely separate from the rest of society and worked in "unclean" trades such as leather tanning and cremation/burying the dead. Merchants were wealthy but reviled because, according to the Confucianist philosophy they produced nothing of value and were leeches so the samurai class places restrictions on things like the kinds of cloth they could wear in public and the size and types of carts they could own/ride.

With no real trade skills, and wealth tied directly to land that would be taken away without a master to supply it, a samurai who was ousted from the samurai class often had little choice but to turn to crime. Their marketable skills basically being weapon proficiency and military discipline.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 12, 2019

Heather Papps

hello friend

:siren: EFFORT POST AHEAD:siren:

Samurai and the class system were actually pretty bad. Being a samurai meant following a rigid set of rules that could leave lower ranking families in poverty with no real means at supplemental income due to laws governing the kind of work they could do. Samurai owned land...sort of (it was kind of on loan from their lord) but didn't work it, they were supposed to refine their military and courtly pursuits. For this the samurai's master would allot a certain amount of land called koku (1 koku could produce 5.12 U.S. bushels of rice, considered the amount needed to feed a man for a year). The peasants had to work the land in exchange for an allotment of crops from the samurai family gave them. The samurai families also needed to give a certain amount to their lord. Below them were the burakumin (untouchables) who had to live completely separate from the rest of society and worked in "unclean" trades such as leather tanning and cremation/burying the dead. Merchants were wealthy but reviled because, according to the Confucianist philosophy they produced nothing of value and were leeches so the samurai class places restrictions on things like the kinds of cloth they could wear in public and the size and types of carts they could own/ride.

With no real trade skills, and wealth tied directly to land that would be taken away without a master to supply it, a samurai who was ousted from the samurai class often had little choice but to turn to crime. Their marketable skills basically being weapon proficiency and military discipline.

yes but swords

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

yes but swords

For oppressin!

Macnult

if you think the protagonist is stretchy, wait till you check out the plot line

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I'm happy to be wrong, but the scientific consensus is that anime is bad.

Escape From Noise

There are some good ones but it's like how most sitcoms are bad.

Goons Are Gifts

You're not wrong, son

Heather Papps

hello friend

i like to read books written by austrailians.
thye are called austrailianovels, not books.
they are very very very different from other books from other places, so they need a specific term.

oh.

how are austrailianovels different from other books? um.... i .....

yeah....

um.

shoot.

google THIS

Heather Papps posted:

they are very very very different from other books from other places, so they need a specific term.

oh.

yeah....

um.

shoot.

I've seen enough g'day to know where this is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer

Heather Papps posted:

oh.

yeah....

um.

shoot.

the words and pictures are all upside down and its a lot more racist