Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I just spent 30 minutes scraping all the ice off of the side walk and my truck and my hands are frozen

not going to vancouver or toronto's overpopulated hosed housing market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Calgary

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I read ur threads in Eeyore voice

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

calgary is the same thing.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Australia. You'll spend 30 minutes scraping fire off your front porch instead.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
nome, alaska

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

You need to give us some more parameters. Do you want no cold at all? Stable government? TGI Fridays?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
literally anywhere else

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the east side

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I moved from Alberta to BC long ago and don’t miss a second of living in that redneck shithole

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

ante posted:

literally anywhere else

Ok, Indianapolis

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Noblesse Obliged posted:

You need to give us some more parameters. Do you want no cold at all? Stable government? TGI Fridays?

not as cold for as long

low taxes

gun violence is optional

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Methanar posted:

tent city in the devonian gardens

Enoch Root
Aug 28, 2007

Methanar posted:

At least we get chinooks in Calgary

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Methanar posted:

not as cold for as long

low taxes

gun violence is optional

You've chosen..........
Alabama

Congratulations

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what the gently caress I was literally thinking about posting this exact thing

Edmonton has a crap job market now so my only reason for staying here is gone but I can't find a viable alternative, where can I go to meet nerd hippies and live off of low stress jobs? I know there's technically nerd hippies in Edmonton but the city infrastructure sucks too, all the roads were designed by a toddler (there's a bus stop inside of a traffic circle by NAIT and the circle goes from 2 lanes to 1 back to 2, for example)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Get better gloves OP

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you're in Edmonton just loving pick a direction and drive

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

blatman posted:

what the gently caress I was literally thinking about posting this exact thing

Edmonton has a crap job market now so my only reason for staying here is gone but I can't find a viable alternative, where can I go to meet nerd hippies and live off of low stress jobs? I know there's technically nerd hippies in Edmonton but the city infrastructure sucks too, all the roads were designed by a toddler (there's a bus stop inside of a traffic circle by NAIT and the circle goes from 2 lanes to 1 back to 2, for example)

I absolutely loving hate that thing.

Whoever decided the nait lrt stop should be after crossing princess elizabeth instead of eminent domain seizing the curling club and dropping it there should be shot.

More than once I was driving west past nait to get to the superstore. There was a long line of traffic and what happens is you get a red light. The train pulls in to nait. You miss the green cycle of the light because of the train.. You finally drive up slowly until the next red light. The lrt pulls out of nait, making you miss the green cycle. You wait for the red light to go away. You finally are past the train tracks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Noblesse Obliged posted:

You've chosen..........
Alabama

Congratulations

He said optional, not optimal

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

RandomFerret posted:

If you're in Edmonton just loving pick a direction and drive

Hopefully loving north

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hopefully loving north

fort mac is where 24 year old men go to commit suicide

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Rest of Canada should put a sign that says "gently caress off we're full" at the edges of Alberta

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The proper name is Deadmonton.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

windsor is pretty affordable

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

GolfHole posted:

windsor is pretty affordable

should i move there

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
4:25 p.m.
Saturday, November 9, 2019 (MST)
Sunset in Fort McMurray, AB

lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Into a therapist's office

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Don't come to Toronto

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

There's an infinite list of poo poo you don't have and constantly looking at the list is no way to live.

Gonna move from Sunny SoCal to Winnipeg AMA

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Goodpancakes posted:

There's an infinite list of poo poo you don't have and constantly looking at the list is no way to live.

try not to get starlight tour'd

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Goodpancakes posted:

Also don't be native

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Actually don’t come to BC either, you make this same thread once a year and still don’t move so obviously your decision making skills are poor

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Do it ironically posted:

Actually don’t come to BC either, you make this same thread once a year and still don’t move so obviously your decision making skills are poor

i moved to edmonton 6 months ago.

before that i lived 3 hours east of edmonton lol

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
i guess I'll go walk around the kings way mall for a while.

The alternative is spending another hour at home in front of a computer which I definitely don't ever want to do lol

I won't buy anything and won't go into any stores except the big hudson's bay because I also don't want anybody to ask me if I need any help ( no thanks )

I can buy subway there too except its like 40 cents more expensive than every other subway so actually maybe not

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Moose Factory in Ontario is nice little place or so I remember from Empire Total War

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
If you have the economic mobility to get out of Alberta and you don’t, I don’t know what to tell you. Unless you’re a rich white person who is a conservative or you’re the kid of one, why would you want to live there

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Methanar posted:

I just spent 30 minutes scraping all the ice off of the side walk and my truck and my hands are frozen

not going to vancouver or toronto's overpopulated hosed housing market

I’m moving to Montreal OP you should join me. I went to a Tim Hortons in a Couche Tard and it was better than any tim hortons I’ve ever had in Alberta

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

If you have the economic mobility to get out of Alberta and you don’t, I don’t know what to tell you. Unless you’re a rich white person who is a conservative or you’re the kid of one, why would you want to live there

It was fine until like two months ago when the provincial government decided that we actually shouldn’t fund loving anything besides an “oil war room “ lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you want good Tim Horton's donuts, you can always move to Hamilton

And then go to Granddads Donuts where they actually still make them