Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Don't look so surprised Commander. And don't look around for your Origin, it can't help you now. Well. What shall we talk about, hmm? Your powerful Westwood forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of franchises...

Of the many franchises that Electronic Arts has put into the ground over the decades, Command & Conquer may yet remain the most infamous. The game that made cheesy FMV infamous. The iconic Mammoth Tanks. Kane, and his delightfully evil NOD! Oh my lord. And that's not even getting into the time travel shitshow of Red Alert - where Yuri and friends razed America to the ground with psychic energies. Starting in 1995, peaking with Tiberium Sun (1998) and Red Alert 2 (2000), taking a departure to real world modern military through the rather impressive Generals in 2003, and beginning it's twilight with Red Alert 3 in 2008... until... the dark times game. Until... the Tiberium Wars, and finally Tiberium Twilight, which buried the franchise alongside the revived corpse of Billy Dee Williams' acting career. (at least until Disney had new toys to sell)

Command and Conquer: Tiberum Wars (1995)
Apparently they're remastering this one as well as Red Alert. I played a decent amount of this as a kid, although I didn't get too much into the story. I loved how gnarly (to my young impressionable mind) the soldiers blew up, and the Nod weapons spooked me a fair amount. The FMV was rad and Kane was such a fucker.

Red Alert (1996)
Tiberium, you ask? Dumb poo poo for babies, you say? I agree. How about FMV Stalin, motherfucker. How about, Hell March. How about, the most absolutely batshit intro FMV of all time, in which Albert Einstein invents a time machine, goes back in time, and literally Kills Hitler, leading to sudden invasion of all of Europe by the Soviet Union? This was when Command and Conquer really went off the rails and completely embraced the camp. It was a beautiful sight to behold, especially when you crush the crapitalist dogs and unify Europe under the banner of the Soviet Union.

Command and Conquer: Tiberum Sun (1998)
I never really got a chance to play this one. It went all-in on future war, and starting out with a missing Kane for a Second Tiberium War was a fun twist to the story, but it was seriously approaching Not-Warhammer40k territory at this point - GDI even gets a Mammoth Tank Mk. 2, for god's sake. Is that even legal?!

Red Alert 2 (2000)
Mind control. Psychic emitters. Siege choppers. Terror Drones. A fully fledged invasion of the United States by the Soviet Union. This was C-SPAM the videogame before there ever was a C-SPAM. It even had Desolators, who were Iraqi-made nuclear battle suit wearing, radcannon blasting heavy infantry. This and the expansion Yuri's Revenge really was, in my opinion, the peak of the franchise. It was balls to the wall buckwild and had zero reservations about sending you around the globe with ridiculous arsenals - Antartica, Hollywood, and Egypt come to mind.

Command & Conquer: Renegade (2002)
What if we made this beloved RTS franchise... into a first person shooter. Yeah. Honestly my eyes are too glazed over with nostalgia to tell you this game was outright bad. I remember... liking it, probably way more than I should. It had vehicles, some cool guns, plenty of cheese with Off-brand Duke Nukem (known as Havoc) and the real star of the show was it's multi-player - a sort of precursor to Battlefield in a way, in that it sorta played out like an RTS... if every player was an individual unit. The Harvester was automated, but you'd have to go out and make sure your opponents didn't blow it up, and you could drive all the cool tanks and fly the choppers and stuff.

-There's a fan remake called RenegadeX which has gotten updates just this year: https://renegade-x.com/
-Some ex-devs have announced a reboot just yesterday, called Earthbreakers. You can find it on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1188870/Earthbreakers/

Command & Conquer: Generals (2003)
loving Generals, man. This game was almost perfect, RTS wise. 3 distinct factions, with different generals for each that specialized in different parts of their own faction. The stereotypical China vs. the stereotypical Muslim terrorist group vs. the stereotypical Americans... probably doesn't hold up as much today, but wow was this game cool when it came out. There's all sorts of mods, from Star Wars to World War 2 to competitive balance mods. I think this is probably the one that still really holds up today.

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (2007)
I didn't play this one. Like they added aliens invading? Some weird poo poo. Apparently it was well received? Someone can fill this in if they feel strongly about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yMy7JuGpJM
Red Alert 3 (2008)
I think this is a game where the cutscenes were remembered more than the actual game. I don't remember it being all that bad, just... Tim Curry really steals the loving show here. But yeah. It's America vs. Russia vs. Japan, 3 distinct factions again. Full on walking mechs, transforming units for Japan, and America had...attack dolphins?

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (2010)
It's... it's better that we don't talk about this game. Or the mobile game. Or that Facebook browser game. Let's just... let poor little old Kane rest for now.

The Mods: The modding scene for the Command and Conquer games over the years was really something else. Whether it be adding on to or reworking the base game, or full on total conversions - I'll try to run through the best of total conversions, but feel free to reccomend whatever speaks to you.

Generals/Zero Hour:
-Cold War Crisis is a, get this, Cold War themed total conversion, which is a lot more grounded and based on real-world units and arsenals.
-Tiberium Dawn Redux brings the Tiberium Wars to Generals, if that's what you're itching for.
-Blitzkrieg 2 is a WW2 themed Total Conversion. Pretty self-explanatory.
-Vietnam Glory is a lesser known Total Conversion, which brings us to the Vietnam war.

Renegade: has Red Alert: A Path Beyond - which brings the universe of Red Alert to Renegade. It's still getting updates to this day! They're posting them on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/W3DHub

Tiberium Wars/Kane's Wrath:
-Fallout is a weird sort of Red Alert knockoff with real world war machines as well as airships and mechs.
-MidEast Crisis 2 is a weird sort of modern warfare type deal that... also... has airships and drones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Renegade was so loving good, it's not just nostalgia goggles that was a drat fun FPS

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I love Tib Sun so goddamn much. RA2 is objectively the pinnacle of the series, but I'll never love it as much as Tib Sun. The dark, atmospheric palette, the big stompy robots, the blasted post-Tiberium apocalypse world, James Earl Jones squaring off with Kane :allears:

Both Tib Sun and RA2 sit in that late-2D sweet spot where they don't even really look dated, just retro. Give them a UI pass and maybe an uprez and they'd hold up great.

(Okay, so C&C was never the tightest RTS series going. Maybe a balance pass too.)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm big into C&C mods (it's why Zero Hour is my absolute favourite tbh) and have done a little bit of localization/writing work on a couple of them so god knows I can provide the lists. C&C modding seems to wax and wane but there are still a bunch in the works that have been worked on for a decade and cancelled and resurrected and all the different teams and one-man maniacs hate/love one another and they're all from around the world and it's a loving scene man. You might also want to mention OpenRA in the OP because it's completely free and adds numerous quality of life mechanics to the games while also introducing its own set of controversial gameplay changes. Anyway, in the meantime here's a crosspost I made about Mental Omega.

Mordja posted:

Time for another effortpost, this one on Mental Omega.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmYE3JDL59g

Mental Omega is, by my money, one of the most fully-featured mods around. Billed as an "unofficial expansion pack" for Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge, the sheer amount of content in this thing eclipses that moniker. It's got a staggering number of new units, new missions, new maps, and new gameplay mechanics.

How many new units? Well, I didn't count them but the mod's got four factions, each faction is divided into three subfactions, and each subfaction has a mostly unique set of units. Diversity is the name of the game here, and while there are definitely shared archetypes across the races, they tend to play quite differently. For example, while both the Soviet's Latin Confederation and Epsilon's (Yuri) Scorpion Cell are fast and cheap, the former harasses with suicide and debuff units while the latter contaminates the battle with poison and strikes from below.

Anyone familiar with Yuri's revenge might have noticed I mentioned "four" factions because MO 3.3 added a completely new one to the game, the Foehn Revolt. They're this expensive, high-tech army that's got nanotech, plasma weaponry, and wind manipulation, and borrow a few designs from the original C&Cs and even Dune 2.

As for the number of missions, that I will count. As per the website, this mod's currently got a whopping 66 campaign levels, split into two acts, 16 side missions, and 36 co-op ones. I'm pretty sure that's more than any existing commercial RTS on the market though I'd love to be proven wrong. On top of that I'm gonna say the game probably has well over a hundred different skirmish and multiplayer maps, including PVE challenge and 1v3 Fortress maps.

The entire mod's built for CNCNet, meaning its got multiplayer support right out of the box and a much more customizable front-end. If you own Yuri's Revenge, you should definitely give Mental Omega a try. The latest version can be downloaded here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mods, please rename thread to Command & Conquer's Bad Fur Day

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Football's coming home, OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPOr8PxeXk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0VRJZCN1Y

Being developed by Petroglyph, which has a lot of former Westwood dudes, with Frank Klepacki once again handling the sounds.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

gently caress yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5X69vREAg

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
C&C was my RTS of choice back in the 90s and I haven't really played any others since the unspeakable last mainline one.

Good to see that it looks like EA is making good steps into getting those remasters done.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also, if you missed it earlier this year: Frank Klepacki with a live band, blasting out 21 choice cuts from the C&C and RA games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ArbE0bEQQ
Check the first comment on Youtube for timestamps to jump between songs.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Finally a remaster that actually looks like a remaster (basically identical unless you put it on full screen and lean forward).

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Count me in as a big Red Alert fan. The campy alt-history stuff and the buckwild factions in 2 and 3 just drew me in hard. Red Alert 2 is some peak C&C, I concur. Could never stand Generals, though, the theme put me off and it has only aged worse from there.

Little fun fact: Udo Kier, who plays Yuri, voices himself in both German and English. That meant that as a German kid, I got to enjoy his raw unfiltered hamminess too.

If anyone cares to read it, remind me to write a big effort post about the ridiculous kinds of censorship the C&C series went through in Germany. It's some "everyone is robots" craziness but with some especially hilarious twists.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ritznit posted:

If anyone cares to read it, remind me to write a big effort post about the ridiculous kinds of censorship the C&C series went through in Germany. It's some "everyone is robots" craziness but with some especially hilarious twists.

Please, do.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
You can't kill the messiah.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
Ooooh, I'd be happy to write some blurbs about the latter EALA games, cause tbh they're probably the ones I've played most.

C&C 3: Tiberium Wars is sort of a "back to basics" sequel, it ditches quite a bit of the sci-fi and post apocalyptic aesthetics (though not entirely), along with the environment mechanics of TS, in favour of a more grounded approach closer to the original game (in fact, most of the units are straight counterparts to TD units), so, fewer mechs and cyborgs, for now. Also it uses squads of infantry now.

The campaign is probably about as slick as we've got for FMVs in games, with a surprising amount of recognisable names for the time, and Billy Dee Williams also. Introduces the Scrin, an alien faction who were hinted at in TS and Renegade. Plays much faster than TS, and had a fairly healthy competitive scene for a while, with an interesting built in commentator system and a short web TV show. Runs on the same engine as generals, so has some decent mods too. Be aware, the patches are multiplayer focused, so they mess up the SP balance and make the campaign harder, so play it unpatched for the campaign.

Its expansion, Kane's Wrath is fairly meaty and adds three subfactions for each faction, each with their own new and modified units. These subfactions are used to bring back a lot of the TS flavour cut from the base game, so walkers and cyborgs and stuff are back. Has an extra Nod campaign that bridges the gap between TS and TW, along with some post-TW stuff. Really worth getting I'd say.

Red Alert 3 is insane. While RA2 leaned into its inherent goofiness, RA3 positively revels in it, and the actors look like they're having a blast, most notably Tim Curry. Basic gist of the plot is that the Soviets, after losing RA2 go back in time and erase Einstein. This causes Japan to become a major faction, for reasons. Also JK Simmons is the president. The campaign was designed primarily for co-op play, but the AI partner you get in single play isn't too much of a nuisance, though their usefulness is pretty low.

Plays a little more like "classic" C&C compared to TW, individual infantry units are back. Each faction has a different way of building structures, and a lot of units are amphibious. Has a ton of ridiculously silly units, from transforming robots, amphibious destroyers and BATTLE BEARS. The Allies are a bit less american-centric, with a lot of different accents for units which is a nice touch if you're European like me. Initially shipped with SecuROM, which was highly controversial, but it's since been removed for later versions. Has some of the prettiest water I've ever seen in a game, even now.

It also got an expansion, but I haven't played it really, maybe someone else can cover that one.

Disproportionation fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 4, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ritznit posted:

I need this.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Did anyone ever manage to get Generals working on new OSes? I wanted to play that again a few years ago, only to find out that it doesn't work on Win10 (may have been because I'm running the 64-bit version)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, I've got it running on my machine. Try installing Gentool. It's not the only way to get it working, but it's probably the easiest and lets you do widescreen without messing around in the ini. Compatible with pretty much all the mods, too.

NinjaPablo
Nov 20, 2003

Ewww it's all sticky...
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, memories of playing the first game over dialup by lending out the 2nd disc. Those games usually ended with a couple stealth tanks hunting each other until someone's parents picked up the phone.

Then RA2 was the go-to RTS at lan parties, since we had a couple people in the group who were 'too good' at Starcraft, but not as good with RA2.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Mordja posted:

Yeah, I've got it running on my machine. Try installing Gentool. It's not the only way to get it working, but it's probably the easiest and lets you do widescreen without messing around in the ini. Compatible with pretty much all the mods, too.

loving around in ini files is literally 1/3 of the fun (and gameplay) of this series :colbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
gently caress the rules.ini

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyway, here's an unsolicited list of mods* that OP didn't mention.

Tiberian Sun:
-NCM Revolution is an old, but decent mod that adds a new civilian-based faction to the game.
-Dawn of the Tiberium Age brings the original C&C to the TS engine, with a few optional additions. Includes a bunch (all?) of missions and some co-op maps. Doesn't require TS to play.
-Twisted Insurrection takes place in a "what if NOD won the first war" scenario. The factions have been re-imagined and its got its own set of campaigns. Doesn't require TS to play.

RA2: Yuri's Revenge:
-Allies Revenge 2 is one of the oldest TCs for RA2 and probably feels pretty primitive these days, something of a historical curiosity I guess.
-Warhammer 40k: Red Alert does exactly what you'd think it does.
-Mental Omega is a megamod that adds a shitload of new units, campaign missions, co-op maps, gameplay modes and a somewhat controversial new faction. See previous post.
-It Came From Red Alert! makes RA2 into RA1. Pretty sure every newish C&C game has a throwback mod like this.
-D-Day is a big WW2 total conversion. Nothing more, nothing less.
-EASB HOUR is a Chinese-made conversion that borrows heavily from C&C Generals. Kind of meme-heavy, but it does a bunch of impressive stuff with the engine.
-Tiberium Crisis is another Chinese mod, this one sort of backports C&C3 to RA2 and comes with its own 20 mission campaign.
-Red Resurrection boots out Yuri while greatly expanding the Allied and Soviet arsenals, with an emphasis on quality and unit diversity.

Command and Conquer: Generals – Zero Hour
-Shockwave is probably the most famous one. It adds a bunch of well-made new units, balance changes and maps to the game.
-Rise of the Reds is a followup to Shockwave (same team) that adds European and Russian factions, adds a bunch to the original three, and makes significant changes to the gameplay. Probably the most-played multiplayer mod.
-Contra is a big Russian mod that's very Russian in design. Super units, faction asymmetry, loving nuclear Scud Storms. Somehow I think it's actually considered balanced and is also popular online. Tech is locked by Generals rank.
Operation Firestorm is a newer mod that's still in active development. It's an "expansion" mod like Shockwave that adds a bunch of new stuff while remaining closer to Zero Hour's underlying mechanics than ROTR or Contra.
-XenoForce makes Generals into Gundam. Not even slightly balanced but fun to compstomp the base-game teams with OP mecha and satellite drops.
-Only War is 40K again. Unfinished again, but neat.
-Mideast Crisis is an imagined war between Syria and Israel. Was made before the real Syrian crisis so it's not as tasteless as you think.
-C&C: Untitled adds a bunch of new units (shock!) and remodels existing ones. Fun mod, and notable for some guy on Reddit trying to use its assets to trick people into thinking he was making a Generals remaster or something.
-End of Days is another war mod that, unlike most others, hews closer to ZH gameplay. Which works surprisingly well. Also adds Russia because what mod doesn't? Full disclosure: I wrote some unit lines for a currently unreleased version of the mod.

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
-C&C 3: The Forgotten. It adds the Forgotten. Duh.
-Tiberian Dawn. GUESS!
-Tiberium Essence is pretty much the Shockwave of C&C3. Lotta new toys, brings back stuff from TS, its maps aren't as drab and washed out as C&C3's own.
Also, should mention that Mideast Crisis 2 is more of a futuristic-themed war than its predecessor, hence Israeli murderblimps and UN siege tanks.

Red Alert 3 honestly doesn't have any mods I'd consider very high quality, I'm afraid, and it's probably my least favourite game in the series to play. A Chinese mod team recently revealed Red Alert 3:Corona which looks to be very high quality and similar to a Shockwave/ROTR in scope but there's no release date on that one. :shrug:

*There's also a bunch of mods, especially for TS and RA2, that have been in the works for the better part of a decade that keep threatening to release I didn't mention. Most of those are basically overambitious, one-man projects or initially promising but oft-abandoned works by the sizable Chinese modding community.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
Star Wars mod??! Tell me more

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

C&C Sole Survivor has yet to be mentioned, leading me to believe no one in this thread so far is an actual C&C fan. :colbert:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
C&C Sole Survivor: the first Battle Royale game???

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I bought Sole Survivor off of eBay fifteen years ago for $1 (shipping cost more than the game) and while it seemed like a neat idea, because it took me a long time to ever actually get a copy, nobody was playing it in 2004.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think the online server was shut down by the end of 1998. There have been attempts to revive it, but no ones been able to do it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like they got the original EVA back to re-record her lines. https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/e8cxdk/remaster_update_and_eva_audio_recording/

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/user/tsiripas/featured
This youtube page is a must for fans of red alert 2, this guy tests the poo poo out everything!
Make sure to read the video descriptions and comments for the videos as useful info can be found there as well.
Here's the video for the Apocalypse Tank.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOaw4dqysA

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Heck yes C&C. So many positive thoughts. Gonna start with memories of the original’s demo:

-it was one map. It was great exploring the map and accidentally losing guys to tiberium.

-you couldn’t play as NOD but could capture their buildings then make units. My engineers learned the hard way obelisks cannot be captured.

-we had an iMac so the game market was slim, but I was overjoyed to find the full game for sale in a 10 pack at a fair price. It included Heroes of Might & Magic and a few other gems as well.

Also, I was sure the mobile app was going to be an EA cash grab but tried it out and had a ton of free fun. I think I spent maybe $10 total and that wasn’t necessary. Surprisingly attentive to lore and super fun to try different strategies. I’m sure the higher levels are pay to win but didn’t play long enough to notice. Highly recommended for fans, and there’s a goon crew.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I had the shareware demo of C&C and absolutely loved it. Every game except 4 is excellent in some way, which is a terrific batting average. Hell, the game that should have burned everyone's rear end, Generals, was a source of endless multiplayer fun. We still rattle off quotes from that game occasionally.

It's a shame that EA wrecked the franchise. C&C3 made us believe that maybe everything was going to be okay, and then 4 happened. Oh well... All good things must come to an end.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

The Kins posted:

Also, if you missed it earlier this year: Frank Klepacki with a live band, blasting out 21 choice cuts from the C&C and RA games.

I was at this concert and it was awesome. I hope they do a studio version at some point.

C&C is one of my formative gaming experiences - I was in junior high when it came out, my friends and I were using our modems to dial each other to play multiplayer, then we found Kali and started playing people online which was wild at the time.

I recently replayed Tib Sun and it doesn't hold up as well as I thought it did - the older C&C games are grindy and RTS games have advanced a long way. I think RA1 is still my absolute favorite.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Anyone interested in CNC generals? It's got a healthy competitive scene still.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I went to a preview event for Red Alert 2 at a mall but they couldn’t get the demo working so everyone got mailed a copy of the game along with promo items. A poster of New York being invading with explosions in the city skyline came down right quick after 9/11.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The Kins posted:

I wish he always wore that rad, red coat thing he had on for some other concert.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Steam store page :10bux::10bux: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1213210/Command__Conquer_Remastered_Collection/

announcement trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iMfypQj3k0

Website with deets: https://www.ea.com/games/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-remastered

$150usd collectors edition (plus shipping), slightly cheaper special edition. Although with shipping and currency conversion it is $300aud... yikes. I just want the art book and soundtracks, not the gimmick toys. :(

quote:

Both the Special Edition and 25th Anniversary Edition will come with a Steam download code for the game, which will be emailed before launch so you can play upon release.

And for those of you who are not familiar with Limited Run’s campaigns, here are the details. These two Collector’s Editions will be up for sale for the next 30 days until April 10th at 11:59PM EST. After that, the Collector’s Editions will most likely never be available for purchase again, making them a truly limited item.
$150 25th anniv edition: https://limitedrungames.com/products/command-and-conquer-remastered-anniversary-edition?_pos=2&_sid=3ba1778f7&_ss=r

$60 collectors edition: https://limitedrungames.com/products/command-and-conquer-remastered-special-edition?_pos=1&_sid=22a721d3c&_ss=r

Base game is a lot cheaper and will also be on steam. June 5th launch.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1213210/Command__Conquer_Remastered_Collection/

drunkill fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 10, 2020

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I really can't bring myself to pre-order it, just because it's EA.

Mind you, I want this game to be so good that I'll have regretted not pre-ordering.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Can't wait to teleport a 35,000 ton battleship into a duck pond near an enemy base again.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

How has this thread gotten this far, and no one has mentioned Kari Wuhrer as Tanya? Whole missions of controlling nothing but Tanya, her like, three in-game response lines repeated over and over and over again, wishing for nothing but her to die horribly...

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Hahahahaha.

Cha-Ching!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

MrYenko posted:

How has this thread gotten this far, and no one has mentioned Kari Wuhrer as Tanya? Whole missions of controlling nothing but Tanya, her like, three in-game response lines repeated over and over and over again, wishing for nothing but her to die horribly...

gently caress off, Tanya was awesome