Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

That nothing we do here ultimately matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I fear that one day I will get angry about dice on an internet forum.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Honestly I'm cool with pretty much everything except puking. I hate puking

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

I fear that one day I will get angry about dice on an internet forum.

:regd20: I paid for this dice one and Captain Hygiene made it

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
My greatest fear is that one day the forums will go offline. I'd rather die than join the common filth you find on reddit.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

This is deeper than having your forum shut down, having your sense of humour outlawed.
This is you staring directly into that gaping maw of historical irrelevance, and it swallows you, like it did everyone else.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I don't even want to think about it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

swallowed by historical irrelevance, meh, it's happened to a fuckload of other people for much worse reasons than just not being special. it's not like i gave a poo poo about being historically relevant before i was born and i drat sure don't plan on caring about it when i die

now being trapped in my own body by spinal/brain damage? that or alzheimer's or both would be pretty horrible

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Gradually make more and more concessions to morality and then one day waking up and finding myself on the same level as say Trump or Putin.

Fortunately I'm not rich and poor people rarely get to fall that far.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Being a Florida Man

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Two chicks at the same time

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my darkest fear is that some gently caress like mao, hitler, or stalin actually does it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

sweet thursday posted:

This entire galaxy is irrelevant, and I like it that way.

I'm afraid of things like toxoplasmosis and their implications for my sense of my own identity.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Xaintrailles posted:

I'm afraid of things like toxoplasmosis and their implications for my sense of my own identity.

Don't worry, you probably have it already.

That's why the entire world went stupid.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
what if gott really *isn't* mit uns

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Growing old enough that my body just shuts down while i'm kept alive by machines and being neglected by totally indifferent nurses aides until I finally die from sepsis due to my many infected bedsores. Vote pro-euthanasia my friends.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
that no one is listening

Mr. Bung
Mar 24, 2005

Get out the pink press threat file
and Um-brrrptzzap the subject.
That I will never have sex.

(again)

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
So you can use it against me? Sure thing, Doctor Crane.

I'm loving terrified of you suckin' my dick.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
That anything we do here ultimately matters.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Frankenstyle posted:

That anything we do here ultimately matters.

Now that's a good one, imagine trying to live your life in full awareness that by chaos theory of whatever every single butt scratch you make does indeed doom random people around the world to a slow agonizing death.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Climate change, or being pecked by geese not necessarily to death just a few pecks would be the worst

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Its anyone who gets close enough to know who I am on an intimate and deep level rejecting me and leaving me truly and irrevocably alone, op.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

That I actually am just a lazy fuckup waste of time

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

terminal chillness posted:

Its anyone who gets close enough to know who I am on an intimate and deep level rejecting me and leaving me truly and irrevocably alone, op.

If it's any comfort, some of the best days of my life have honestly been the day that inevitably comes few months after a divorce when you wake up one morning and instead of looking at the empty pillow beside you despondent that she's still not there, your mind suddenly realizes "Hey, waitaminuite...this is actually loving awesome."

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

By popular demand posted:

Now that's a good one, imagine trying to live your life in full awareness that by chaos theory of whatever every single butt scratch you make does indeed doom random people around the world to a slow agonizing death.

Embrace that power. Jerk off in the sure and certain knowledge that someone WILL die because of it. Really makes you feel like Dr Doom.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

By popular demand posted:

Yeah, I'm okay with that part. It's the fear of being on the receiving end of butt scratch doom that keeps me up at night.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Wave pools. I’ve told the story before but I nearly drowned in 6th grade while being in one.

Also dark bottom pools and the ocean. I don’t like not seeing what is beneath me.

Also clowns and airplanes.

Honestly I could go on for awhile.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
that dr manslave will get inside my head

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Posting something embarrassing on the internet

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Depression will finally take me out.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Double post

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Terrifying.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

This is the only way I can let myself off the hook

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Needing work to provide for myself and family, being ready and able for it, but not being able to get it. ought-eight did a number on me

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

sweet thursday posted:

well brother I might have bad news for you

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Dying in a way where you know what's coming and you know you're not going to survive so you spent the last moments of your life absolutely terrified. Falling out of a 15th floor window or being hanged, for example.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bleeding out slowly. The setting don't matter. Feel free to add this to your excel sheet you creepy definitely-not-a-serial-killer goon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mornin sunshine
Mar 23, 2018

You don't seem very capable of protecting yourself.
My deepest darkest fear was some one would find out I wanted to be female instead of male. I didn't know trans people existed for much of my life so I didn't have a word for it at first. I realized I needed to keep it a secret by the time I started school, and I succeeded at keeping it a secret until I was almost 30. I was so ashamed of it and so terrified of anyone finding out I avoided a few medical procedures because I was afraid I might say something if I was hosed up on anesthesia. I hoped I would take the secret to my grave.

What I didn't really expect about having my deepest fear become reality was the physiological response, even in the safest possible situation I could construct for myself. When I finally told some one for the fist time I felt emotionally somewhat numb but I was physically shaking to the point where my teeth were almost clattering. It was kind of like when you're deathly cold and just can't stop shivering.

I assumed I'd feel relief afterward, suddenly free of carrying the burden of fear or something but I didn't. The fear from a lifetime of hiding a secret doesn't go away in an instant, or at least it didn't for me. My brain spent decades wiring its self around that overwhelming fear, and it took a long time to fade away. For the most part life was exactly the same, only every so often I'd get a sense of unreality when I'd be reminded I told some one.