Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Welcome to the third iteration of the Guy Fieri MEGATHREAD, where we discuss everything surrounding rockstar media personality, Guy Fieri.

Best known for his hit Food Network TV series Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives (or Triple-D for short), Guy is a talented chef who just loves to show off amazing American food wherever he finds it.

Off the screen, Guy is a passionate philanthropist and by all accounts excellent dude.

Previous Threads
edit: I have been informed that the threads were moved to the Mod Forum because of the incident. Have some fun gifs of Guy instead:
Guy Fieri Megathread 2: Diners, Drive-ins, and Goons
Guy Fieri Megathread: Welcome to Flavor Town

Thread Rules
1) Please note that the forum-wide rules on horny still apply - we don't want this thread closed again.
2) Do NOT post the leaked Donkey Sauce recipe. This is a closely held secret of the man himself and we should respect his wishes.
3) Stop reporting people for posting their frosted tips
4) Stop posting the Smash Mouth guy. It stopped being funny 300 pages ago :rolleyes:
5) Absolutely no discussion of Guy Fieri's birth name. We are all sick and tired of you birthers.

FAQ
Q: Is Guy's Grocery Games hosted in a real grocery store?
A: Great question. It's actually hosted in a studio grocery store (or "fake"). Guy tells a hilarious anecdote on the commentary track for Season 22 about a homeless man trying to get inside the store - get out your DVDs and have a listen!

Q: When are we getting a gang tag again?
A: Last word from the mods was we'd re-earn the right if we can go 20 pages without horny posting. :nono: I believe in you Guys!

Q: Where can I get a shirt like Guy's?
A: You're in luck, because it turns out a shirt company has actually produced an entire line of Guy Fieri inspired shirts. I own all of them and can attest that they are of the highest quality.

Q: Where can I find info on all of the restaurants that have aired on triple-D?
A: https://www.flavortownusa.com/

As always, thank you for posting and welcome to Flavor Town, baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i got his steak sauce its pretty good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
guy is alright in my book

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Guy is a walking turd but I unironically like Guy's Grocery Games. It's the show that introduced me to bacon-in-a-can and Guy is not the focus of the show really at all.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bloopsy posted:

Guy is a walking turd but I unironically like Guy's Grocery Games. It's the show that introduced me to bacon-in-a-can and Guy is not the focus of the show really at all.

excuse me?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
As someone who has not followed previous Guy Fieri threads, I find myself mystified that the OP contains a warning that "horny rules" are still in effect.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Chomp8645 posted:

As someone who has not followed previous Guy Fieri threads, I find myself mystified that the OP contains a warning that "horny rules" are still in effect.

:same: and that got me to bookmark the thread

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Guy Fieri embraces the hate train all away around the horseshoe to beloved TV personality.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
The chefs on DDD must have an iron will to not throw a pan's worth of scalding hot grease at Guy whenever he hovers over them and picks away at whatever they are cooking. You can just see the resentment in their eyes sometimes.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

I’ve watched GGG on occasion and this dude seems like a complete stranger on his own show

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

guy fieri slowly peeling off a soaking wet, all over flame print bowling shirt.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

PTSDeedly Do posted:

I’ve watched GGG on occasion and this dude seems like a complete stranger on his own show

Which is a big reason why I like the show. He does help out the chef's sometimes when they are in a time crunch but other than that he's not needed for the show.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Guy Feiri FUCKS.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Did anyone save any goon fan art from the last thread? I didn't think to do it before they got moved to the mod forum.

big nipples big life posted:

guy fieri slowly peeling off a soaking wet, all over flame print bowling shirt.

:nono: how many times do I have to warn you people?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
I've been to one the places on DDD and wonder what Fieri thought of it. The place is poo poo and could use a visit from Gordon Ramsey.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I just got turned on to this series a few days ago and seems appropriate for the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jGzFumqed4

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

How many donkey loads does one bottle of donkey sauce require?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Guy's interview on Hot Ones is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRc1_CATfo

And like the other Food Network personalities can handle hot sauce like a champ. (Rachel Ray is still the all time king).

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TDxCXAXPDg

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bloopsy posted:

The chefs on DDD must have an iron will to not throw a pan's worth of scalding hot grease at Guy whenever he hovers over them and picks away at whatever they are cooking. You can just see the resentment in their eyes sometimes.

Yeah, I bet all that publicity and exposure really pisses them off.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

GGG is legit one of the top tier cooking competition shows. And I truly wish I could find a source to get the entire run. Hulu only has a small portion :(

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Rad-daddio posted:

Yeah, I bet all that publicity and exposure really pisses them off.

Yeah it does because they are forced to be there. Guy and crew literally bust in the place and start filming with no notice.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bloopsy posted:

Yeah it does because they are forced to be there. Guy and crew literally bust in the place and start filming with no notice.

Wait, for reals?

I thought they arranged stuff ahead of time.That actually does suck.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Rad-daddio posted:

Wait, for reals?

I thought they arranged stuff ahead of time.That actually does suck.

At the very least the owners know. Vetting places before selecting them for the show is a long process.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I find it pretty hard to imagine that they are just dropping in on the chefs and restaurants on DDD.

Like, if you just drop in on many of random diners, that kitchen is probably gonna be all sorts of hosed up.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Woodpile posted:

At the very least the owners know. Vetting places before selecting them for the show is a long process.

Yeah, figures that the workers would have to deal with Guy and his sentient energy drink stain act.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Guy Fieri ruined the eggs.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Guy Fieri and me

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guy spray painted his face on the wall of Country Cat and now it shut down.

What the gently caress, Guy???

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i will mercilessly DUNK anyone who badmouths the Mayor of Flavortown

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

Live Free or Guy Hard

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
rollin in to the thread like

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

TheAardvark posted:

Did anyone save any goon fan art from the last thread? I didn't think to do it before they got moved to the mod forum.

:nono: how many times do I have to warn you people?

I remember seeing a bad MSPaint comic of some random dude and Guy Fieri, where Guy starts eating the dude's rear end and yells out, "Take me to FLAVORTOWN!!!"

Lol

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

BexGu posted:

And like the other Food Network personalities can handle hot sauce like a champ. (Rachel Ray is still the all time king).

his TV character drives me nuts but this convinced me he's probably an ok guy irl

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chomp8645 posted:

His instagram is full of people calling him daddy.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

numberoneposter posted:

His instagram is full of people calling him daddy.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

PTSDeedly Do posted:

I thought you meant Guy was on German Goo Girls for a minute there. Is that what the "horny rules" refer to?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

BexGu posted:

Alton Brown described each sauce and ranked them all without a sweat. I bought a few just from his descriptions.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

What a bunch of no-fun Goons. Fieri is great, y'all just hate fun.

Ohohoho frosted tips. Hee hee hee dude says duuuude.

Indulge yourselves, goonies. It's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I thought of this immediately when I read the thread title.

Much better than your gif.

https://i.imgur.com/UltK3EF.mp4