Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A ton of the stuff they sell at fast food places can be bought premade at the store and cooked at home. Post reviews itt.

Burgers
Ballpark bacon cheddar burgers: Not very good. It's far from the worst burger I've ever eaten but I wouldn't recommend it.

White Castle frozen sliders: They were ok last time I tried them but that's been a long time. Name brand so it's a bit more expensive than they're worth.

Pizza
Digiorno's: Overrated pizza. I feel they make the dough way too thick and it tends to get burnt around the edges but soggy in the center whenever I try to make it.

Red Baron: Cheap pizza that skimps on the toppings. Add your own to it.

Wild Mike's: Pretty good. Comes with seasoning packets for those who don't have spice racks. More expensive than other frozen pizzas but they're larger than most and aren't cheap with the toppings.

I'll try and add to my list next time I go grocery shopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

My fave. Reasonably cheap and the dough doesn't taste like cardboard like it does with a lot of frozen pizzas

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
If you have a lovely oven (I do) bake your frozen pizzas (only tested with Tombstone and Red Baron) at 25F hotter than recommended for the first half (e.g. 425F for 8 minutes) and finish at the suggested temp (400F) for the last half of the duration. No more saddle shaped pizzas curled up at the edges.

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII

tetsuo posted:

If you have a lovely oven (I do) bake your frozen pizzas (only tested with Tombstone and Red Baron) at 25F hotter than recommended for the first half (e.g. 425F for 8 minutes) and finish at the suggested temp (400F) for the last half of the duration. No more saddle shaped pizzas curled up at the edges.

Or just grab a large one of these (I think we’re in the same country) as it comes with a base support?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

A home run inn regular crust frozen pizza is better than any pizza chain and most local pizza shops

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Tombstone supreme and 4 meat

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Homemade food is haram.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

absolutely mental for these tasty bastards

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Ive been thinkin about this thread and I will allow it. Only freezer poo poo though because its basically fast food you dont get paid to make.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Ive been thinkin about this thread and I will allow it. Only freezer poo poo though because its basically fast food you dont get paid to make.

A wise judgement. Also I know yet just an IK but you should look into the possibility of mod challenges for snooty fucks that wander into this forum. Like some goober comes in with their nose in the air and gets challenged to eat some fast food poo poo and post proof.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Honky Dong Country posted:

A wise judgement. Also I know yet just an IK but you should look into the possibility of mod challenges for snooty fucks that wander into this forum. Like some goober comes in with their nose in the air and gets challenged to eat some fast food poo poo and post proof.

This is an absolutely very good idea and I sincerely hope someone tries

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Jenny Agutter posted:

A home run inn regular crust frozen pizza is better than any pizza chain and most local pizza shops

You speak truth.

I'm also a fan of Gorton's fish fillets. I know they're gross, but my parents made them for me when I was a kid. I love their weird squishness.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

This is an absolutely very good idea and I sincerely hope someone tries

Even better if they have to eat some unknowable seasonal or limited time menu item from the fast food joint that they're disparaging.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
When it comes to frozen pizza just get anything with a thin crust.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Tombstone is the best bang for your buck with garbage frozen pizza imo. Supreme and 4 meat are both pretty good, especially drunk af.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Publix brand is pretty good and cheap, as well.

Resting Lich Face posted:

When it comes to frozen pizza just get anything with a thin crust.

Yeah, the crust tends to be the worst part of the frozen pizza imo and I'm here to taste the toppings, not a bunch of subpar bread

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

HalfHazard posted:

Publix brand is pretty good and cheap, as well.

Yeah, the crust tends to be the worst part of the frozen pizza imo and I'm here to taste the toppings, not a bunch of subpar bread

This is part of why I like tombstones. There really isn't a crust. You just eat it all. No raised crust on the outside, you just eat it. It's awesome in a gloriously trashy way, nice and crispy.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Why the gently caress is it so hard to find a good veggie pizza in the freezer aisle? They're all thin crust bullshit. I want a big deep pile of dough with corners and jalepeños.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Speleothing posted:

Why the gently caress is it so hard to find a good veggie pizza in the freezer aisle? They're all thin crust bullshit. I want a big deep pile of dough with corners and jalepeños.

If you want a thick pizza, veggie or no, you're loving up by trying to expect good stuff from frozen pizza

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The cheese in White Castle sliders will make you feel sick. Only get ones without cheese. Apparently this is a known thing.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The joy of frozen pizza is lovely thin crispy pizza imo

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Get a small air fryer and enjoy all the frozen stuff that comes out terrible when you microwave it. Pizza rolls are magical from an air fryer.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

skaboomizzy posted:

Get a small air fryer and enjoy all the frozen stuff that comes out terrible when you microwave it. Pizza rolls are magical from an air fryer.

Honestly I don't doubt the pizza roll comment. They're absolutely better in an oven vs microwave, so I bet an air fryer would yield an even more crispy crust which imo is the ideal pizza roll.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

What exactly is an air fryer. A convection toaster oven?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jenny Agutter posted:

You know, I want to be able to be a smartguy and answer this but I have no loving idea. I just know I've had some things that people made in an air fryer and they were really good and I bet pizza rolls would be good in one because I'm a disgusting goon that appreciates crispy crust pizza rolls.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jenny Agutter posted:

Basically. Except smaller usually. I tried one out and then returned it because I already have a toaster oven. It does cook stuff a bit faster though. But I don't need extra stuff on my countertop. Its fine, but just a bit redundant

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Basically. Except smaller usually. I tried one out and then returned it because I already have a toaster oven

Toaster ovens definitely loving rule.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

We recently switched to a microwave/convection oven when our toaster oven died. It's pretty great at reheating pizza and making it crispy when you run it on both the micro and convection settings simultaneously. I have some sweet potato waffle fries in my freezer that I got to try it out on - maybe I'll do that tonight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thank me later.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

skaboomizzy posted:

This.

Air friers are amazing!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
California Pizza Kitchen sicilian flatbread pizza things are surprisingly OK.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Those Jimmy Dean turkey sausage breakfast sammiches have done me good on mornings where I wake up with barely enough to shower before leaving.

Gotta toss a lil hot sauce on it though.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
I don't know if the brand is nationwide but I really enjoy machine-rolled, sans-husk tamales:

It's also nice to stock up on frozen dim sum and dumplings, a lot of the Korean and Taiwanese brands come in resealable packaging and you can thaw AND fry them in a pan in less than 10 minutes:

This is Wei Chuans website.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

the only place i really buy frozen food is at trader joe's these days. both of these are top-tier frozen pizzas, in my opinion:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

liquid courage posted:

the only place i really buy frozen food is at trader joe's these days. both of these are top-tier frozen pizzas, in my opinion:

Counterpoint:

This fukken war crime

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Wormskull posted:

Thank me later.

I like these but the inside sometimes looks like cartilage mixed with garbage, and occasionally tastes like it too

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

This is my jam:

[Kroger house brand]

I've tried a few other varieties which were pretty good but I keep coming back to that salami and green stuff.

FBS fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 7, 2020

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

These used to be made in Germany and transported frozen to Toronto, then placed on a shelf for $2-3 by a process that leaves me mystified because they were absolutely delicious, loaded with quality ingredients and cost very little. The sauce is a sweet sour cream based thing that complements the german hog perfectly. And further scares off those that cant manage pineapple in the first place from buying up store stock.

They lost a little magic when production was localized. But are still a lil' round wonder.

I am at least 7% composed of atoms derived from Dr. Oetker hawaiian pizza.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

CaptainPsyko posted:

Counterpoint:

This fukken war crime

If you are going to build pizza with the wrong ingredients on purpose, go for it but what the gently caress is up with that cut?

Edit: gotta pay respect to the king of depression dinner, the microwaved party pizza

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

beggar posted:

If you are going to build pizza with the wrong ingredients on purpose, go for it but what the gently caress is up with that cut?

Yeah, that cut is like... the Heath Ledger’s Joker of Pizza slicing. Just pure nihilism rendered upon pizza.

What the gently caress.