Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
I hope you enjoy our lively forum. We are dedicated to providing a top-tier environment in which to discuss the Burger King experience. I am your volunteer moderator, ÆrosTwiceChastened53

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
anyone ever had the BK tacos?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Poopelyse posted:

they aren't that bad, but if your hardees has a red burrito or your carls jr has a green burrito, you're better off just getting one of those bad boys on the side.

I miss the experimental phase of Burger King of the 2000s, Pokemon Kids Meal Toys, Triple Whoppers With Bacon to pair with The Simpsons, it was a far out place.

I guess Impossible Whopper might count? But honestly, my go-to is just a basic whopper with an orange/coke icee, because the fries are terrible.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Not a fan of Burger King. Their burgers taste like they add a fake "flame grilled" flavoring. It's really strong.

I think I had a chicken sandwich there a few months ago that wasn't bad but I don't remember.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Poopelyse posted:

I did, when they were New, because someone I knew was shittalking them. they're cheap but very, very bad. they're not like, inedible, but they're super greasy and I wasn't even really able to finish mine

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
yeah the taco shell itself is stained with grease and transparent in some places not a fan
bk is the only fast food place within walking distance for me(besides subway but we dont talk about subway....) so its my choice for a quick meal

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Didn't they also do hot dogs as well? And going to echo the fact I prefer to substitute the fries for onion rings if I go there.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

A few years ago they had a rodeo chicken sandwich which was a giant chicken nugget on a bun with BBQ sauce and onion rings. It was divine and on the dollar menu, IIRC.

Now they've ruined it with mayo & bacon and made it a full-price menu item. :smith:

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
i have had whoper

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

oldskool posted:

A few years ago they had a rodeo chicken sandwich which was a giant chicken nugget on a bun with BBQ sauce and onion rings. It was divine and on the dollar menu, IIRC.

Now they've ruined it with mayo & bacon and made it a full-price menu item. :smith:
pretty sure even though it isnt on the menu officially you can still order it since it is """have it your way""" and i dont think it costs any extra
give it a shot

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The only thing I ever really liked from Hungry Jacks (AU Burger King) was the spicy nuggets they used to have. rip the old style nuggets.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

BK burgers taste good, but are also pretty salty.

I've had the impossible Whopper and I don't know if it was overcooked, but it tasted like hamburger that was grilled then over-microwaved.

I miss the fries they had a while back that were crispy.

In the 90's, the Whopper used to be amazing, but ever since they switched suppliers (due to e. Coli), they are just good now.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Jables88 posted:

i have had whoper

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Epsilon Plus posted:

I did, when they were New, because someone I knew was shittalking them. they're cheap but very, very bad. they're not like, inedible, but they're super greasy and I wasn't even really able to finish mine

i've never wanted to potentially waste my money getting them and now i never will

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

starbarry clock posted:

yeah the taco shell itself is stained with grease and transparent in some places not a fan

it's also like... it's not spicy, there's cheese there but not enough, it's hard to tell if the meat is just kind of moist or if there's a shitton of taco sauce, there's about one shred of lettuce per taco and I'm pretty sure they're just deep fried

Poopelyse posted:

i've never wanted to potentially waste my money getting them and now i never will

you have chosen a life of health and morality; I, rendered crippled and impure by the burger king taco, envy you

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
There's a rodeo stacker king burger now and if you add lettuce and tomato it becomes probably one of the best fast food burgers on the market at the moment.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Had the taco, had a couple of the hot dogs, had the Impossible Burg, and even tried the Whopperito, once.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Burger King will forever have a place in my heart for their rodeo cheeseburger which introduced me to the idea of a bacon cheeseburger with BBQ sauce and onion rings. They’ve brought the concept back in various forms over the years but the original was introduced in the late 90’s as a movie tie-in of some sort.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I don't go to BK often, but when I do it is almost exclusively for the Original, classic (long roll) chicken sandwich, which I order with only Ketchup. It is objectively not good but it presses a very specific nostalgia and flavor sensor in my brain and because I am a turd who keeps an account on the Burger King app active expressly for this purpose, it costs five dollars for two of them and two orders of fries.

I rarely finish them. Especially as BK's fries have, in the 20+ years since my heyday of eating the aforementioned sandwich, as a young'un, gone from being top tier among fast food to absolute dogshit.

Nonetheless, it is a good deal that is perfect for my very specifically broken brain.

That's my Burger King story.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
When burger king had the farmhouse burger that had bacon, a fried egg, crispy onion strings and special sauce? It was the best burger on the market, no joke. It was also the highest calorie food they’ve ever had, if I recall. Bring it back king.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

oldskool posted:

rodeo burgers and rodeo chickens used to be a go-to poverty meal for me. it was like getting free onion rings with your dollar burg. some places will still make them but they're like $1.50 or so if i remember correctly.

CaptainPsyko posted:

I don't go to BK often, but when I do it is almost exclusively for the Original, classic (long roll) chicken sandwich
also these. it's the one sandwich i don't mind having mayo on it. if you're craving salt, one of these will do.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
When do you guys think they'll bring back the chicken parmesan marinara sandwich?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I ate two large BK fries yesterday and they were absolutely delicious but later that night I felt kinda sick and had to lay down a while. It was still a good experience overall though

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The BK app, previously mentioned, has some really good deals, but since the BK near me is closed at this hour, I can't even look at the deals in the stupid app to plan what deal I want to get from the stupid app tomorrow!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The app is amazing simply on the basis of $3 Double Whopper. Add cheese and order light mayo and light mustard, still under $4 after tax.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I got a stacker king and the sauce was different from their old stacker sauce. Not a fan.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Poopelyse posted:

I used to like them, I think they were regional before they went nationwide with them last year (they were good in a garbage way. Still not actually good.) I think they're worse now but I'm not sure why.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I have to be in the right mood to hit up burger king. That flame-broiled taste is unique but tends to repeat on me even hours later, which no other fast food has ever done to me. It usually tastes good going down though. Their double cheeseburgers are consistently good. I'll get a double or triple whopper once in awhile. The angry whopper was great but I only had it once. The big king was also great when it first came out but seems much different now. That enormous omelet sandwich they had going about 15 years ago was hilariously tasty but I can't imagine grabbing one for breakfast on your way to work; you kinda had to lay down after one of those. And yeah the onion rings are better than the fries, altho they both kinda suck. The zesty sauce is good stuff however.

Tite Barnacle fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 9, 2020

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Isn't the zesty sauce gone to never return?

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
No way. I didn't know this, it's been awhile since I've been there but this appears to be true. First the xxl grilled stuft steak burrito and now this, gently caress. The zesty sauce on a double cheeseburger was perfect.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the day they stop giving me double stackers is the day I stop going to Burger King

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Burger King is the worst. The worst food, the dirtiest restaurants, the shadiest hiring practices and the grossest smelling. It’s the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I love the two for six dual-wielded Spicy Chick-Chicks, as the black guy at the counter calls them when I order it. I was also a fan of the Angry Whop-Whop.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Love me some Burger King, though oddly enough the Whopper does nothing for me. They're aggressive with their coupon mailers around here so I'm always topped off with deals (usually slightly better than what's in the app). Apparently BKs with "freestyle" Coke machines are the exclusive home of Surge now?? I usually skip the drinks at a fast food place but they've got me with that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got Burger King last night because I wanted a chicken sandwich. I got the spicy chicken sandwich and it was really thin and I could tell it was old (my BK is always empty). Also it was like $4 and it wasn't big at all. The flavor was good though for spicy chicken which is like my [thing that I'm always searching for, can't think of the word].

And I got cold mozzarella sticks too.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Shithouse Dave posted:

Burger King is the worst. The worst food, the dirtiest restaurants, the shadiest hiring practices and the grossest smelling. It’s the absolute bottom of the barrel.

yeah, it usually is. I guess it's just nationally mismanaged. maybe I should try to work for corporate burger king, obviously no one cares about anything. I feel like I could really thrive in an environment like that.

I feel like they usually can put out a pretty good whopper regardless (and that's about it.) sometimes the deals are good. I'll always have a soft spot for long chicken sandwich, too.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

BK around here is way better than McDonald’s other than for nuggets, but they have chicken fries which are good in their own way. If they’d just tighten poo poo up nationally :smith:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

WEH posted:

BK around here is way better than McDonald’s other than for nuggets, but they have chicken fries which are good in their own way. If they’d just tighten poo poo up nationally :smith:

It’s true. BK’s regular nuggs are trash (but cheap and abundant; they often go as low as 10/$1 on promo, at which point, you can buy 100 nuggets and attempt to eat them all before they become ghastly and cold and not regret the money wasted on this extremely goony challenge)

But the Long Nuggs (aka, ‘Chicken Fries’ in marketing speak) are pretty top tier. They’re expensive, but not outrageously so for a high quality chicken nugget product, and the unusual shape really is optimal for dipping.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Q_res posted:

The app is amazing simply on the basis of $3 Double Whopper. Add cheese and order light mayo and light mustard, still under $4 after tax.

wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hey Shithouse Dave GO gently caress YOURSELF how about that the people at Burger King work very hard to bring you good food fast I’d like to see you do any better