Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
both of these exist on a Mcdonalds menu, not sure why. Here's the rundown

Mcdouble

Pros

-one slice of cheese, but two patties
-its cheaper
-less calories

cons

-two patties, but only one slice of cheese
-fills your stomach approximately 200% less because of this

Double cheeseburger

pros

-two slices of cheese, on two patties
-more filling
-i don't have to say mcdouble

cons

-more expensive
-more calories
-probably less healthy as a result

Please respond quickly as to which is superior, I'm starving and the drive-thru line is getting unruly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

I ordered three double cheeseburgers thinking they were mcdoubles, and i probably coulda bought another mcdouble for what i spent. absolutely heartbreaking. don't be me.

follow your heart

maximize beef above all

choose the mcdouble

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

double cheeseburger pls ty

durabrand107
Mar 17, 2007
Spill Resistant Design
a mcdouble is literally bullshit.

durabrand107
Mar 17, 2007
Spill Resistant Design
actually get 2 double cheese guys. enjoy.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I got weirdly outraged when the mcdouble replaced the double cheeseburger on the dollar menu. that was a long time ago. I don't like what that says about me as a person. they're both fine imo. I usually get the mcdouble.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
McDouble fo sho.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

i didnt know there was a difference op

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Anyone who thinks 1 slice of cheese on a double burg is acceptable can gtfo. :colbert:

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

Resting Lich Face posted:

Anyone who thinks 1 slice of cheese on a double burg is acceptable can gtfo. :colbert:

Shits drat near three bucks here

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

junior bacon cheeseburger

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

bring a slice of cheese from home and save precious dollars :homebrew: :slick: :moonrio:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Chunderbucket posted:

Shits drat near three bucks here

The hell? I get two for like $3.80 (or $3.60, I don't remember exactly).

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If you’re taking long enough to inhale your double that you actually miss the 2nd slice of cheese just lol.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ferroque posted:

i didnt know there was a difference op

There are a lot of differences.

For starters, the mcdouble only has one slice of cheese, but it still has two patties.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I got weirdly outraged when the mcdouble replaced the double cheeseburger on the dollar menu. that was a long time ago. I don't like what that says about me as a person. they're both fine imo. I usually get the mcdouble.

You're not alone in this. I realize they're saving on cheese and all but this honestly pissed me off when it happened. Now I always get the mcdouble, I refuse to pay for that one extra slice, it's weird.

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

The hell? I get two for like $3.80 (or $3.60, I don't remember exactly).

Canadian fast food prices suck. Living mas is near impossible.

we need an expedited burger carepackage thread for our friends up north

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
micking double

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

more cheese = more better

so you know my choice

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Space Race Riot posted:

You're not alone in this. I realize they're saving on cheese and all but this honestly pissed me off when it happened. Now I always get the mcdouble, I refuse to pay for that one extra slice, it's weird.

Same here. I'm not paying thirty cents for one slice of cheese!

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Space Race Riot posted:

no, it's not weird. it's reasonable. you are a reasonable person and I am also a reasonable person. it is they who were wrong. etc.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

More cheese = better.

If you can't afford it you should really be eating lentils or some poo poo because you're like in poverty.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
It's the principle of the thing. I ain't paying for that cheese. Never

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I just order a single patty burger with two slices of cheese

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
would it be practical if I brought my own slice of cheese and gave it to the cashier to include in my mcdouble? that way its warm when i get it

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cheaper is better, so praise be to the McDouble.

But in truth i'd order both.

To be even more honest I'd order an assortment of the lower end burgs and a few jr mchickens.

All are welcome, all are loved.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

shadow puppet of a posted:

To be even more honest I'd order an assortment of the lower end burgs and a few jr mchickens.

yeah....:smith:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
bacon mcdouble + hot and spicy mcchicken

separate the mcdouble patties like the lips of the world's worst vagina and jam the entire hot and spicy mcchicken in there

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
for the Noah Experience add a mcrib and a filet of fish to your food abomination

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

hack your lunch with bootleg cheese slices imo

whip out a fat stack of singles and go to town, brother

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Chunderbucket posted:

hack your lunch with bootleg cheese slices imo

whip out a fat stack of singles and go to town, brother

get a block of cheese and hollow out a tube in it and just cram mcdoubles the gently caress in there until it's bursting and eat it like one of those venezuelan meat baguettes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

milk double

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I get the Double Cheese when they are 2 for $3 and there really isn’t a taste different between that and the McDouble imo.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
last time I went to mcd's, the mcdouble and double cheeseburger prices were swapped

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
Double filet-o-fish :colbert:

Pros:
- Filet-o-fish is the best thing
- Two filets
- Two slices of cheese

Cons:
- Twice the wait time in the drive through

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
id hit the double cheeseburger

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Eat as many double cheeseburgers as you have dollars. Are they still only a dollar? I haven't eaten at McDonald's in a long time

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The correct answer is 2 quarter pounders, this way you can double fist them and alternate bites between. You can also put ketchup on one and mustard on the other for competing flavor profiles.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

i do miss their hot n spicy chicken sandwich for making a mcgangbang back in college :allears:

McDonalds McGangbang

The "McGangbang" burger is one of McDonald's most famous "secret menu" items. And for good reason! It combines two of the best items from the dollar menu into one perfect burger. Simply order a McDouble and a McChicken. The McChicken Sandwich is placed directly inside of the juicy McDouble, buns and all. So, for $2 you've created a huge tasty sandwich. How tasty does that sound? So, if a normal McDouble doesn't quite fill you up, take a chance by combining a McChicken and a McDouble from McDonalds Secret Menu to create your own McGangbang. In our opinion, the McGangBang is the best bang for your buck. When ordering, don't forget to order a big drink to wash it down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
The McDouble is the one that's part of the $4 meal so that's the one I eat.