Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZGhGFg-VlI

Wendy's was founded by U.S. Army cook Dave Thomas in 1969 in Columbus, Ohio who named the chain after his daughter. Thomas was known for being its main pitchman for years along with -- in the 1980s -- the octogenerian Chicago manicurist Clara Peller who said where's the motherfuckin' beef

Also they have square hamburgers.

I like the spicy chicken sandwiches. They have these Wendy's brand sugary soft drinks that are pretty good too. Don't know about much else because I always get the spicy chick

Wendy's also successfully destroyed the twee indie pop band Violet Femmes by including the song "Blister in the Sun" in a 2007 fish sandwich ad, which apparently set off so much internal conflict within the band about whether they had sold out that they broke up for a few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhSN413CtJ0

Like a lot of fast food chains, millennial marketing executives have taken over and redesigned everything so it looks kinda like Chipotle now and there's always twee indie music playing whenever I go in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Frostie is an S-tier fast food ice cream experience.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Carolina Classic’s are A+

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

a lot going on here

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Wendy's mayo is good.
Then they always put too much ketchup on your burger.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The Breakfast Baconator is a gift to mankind.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
You can't go wrong with some Junior Cheeseburgers Deluxe.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Wendy’s is the best national fast food chain in terms of it basically being pretty good wherever you go

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't get people who refuse to even try dunking their fries in one.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

tetsuo posted:

I don't get people who refuse to even try dunking their fries in one.

I had a student ask me if you can ask for the fries already in the ice cream, and I was like buddy don’t ever let anyone tell you that you can’t

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I gave away a bunch of those little tags that were good all year for a free small frosty as xmas gifts. I think that was in 2018?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I gave away a bunch of those little tags that were good all year for a free small frosty as xmas gifts. I think that was in 2018?

those tags owned

def ate too many frosties one year when i had that tag

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
baconators are uncomfortably good, and there was a wendy's on my way home from my favorite bar

between that bar and wendy's, i'm pretty sure that like 50 pounds of my body are baconator + beer weight

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Wendy’s is the best national fast food chain in terms of it basically being pretty good wherever you go

Pretty much yeah.

I do feel like there's been a decline in the actual burger quality at Wendy's compared to WAY BACK WHEN :corsair: though. Like they're less "juicy seared beef" and more just sort of... "moist"?

I dunno. Fries, frosties, and spicy chicken sandwich/nugs/etc. make up for a lot though.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

10 piece spicy nuggets
jr bacon cheese burger
choco frosty
fries for frosty

All I need

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

who’s the genius that decided to stop making the spicy nugs? they should be turned into chili

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
wendy's is a solid tier 2/3 choice depending on where you are.

thats a positive recommendation from this fast foodie, mind you

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

kloa posted:

who’s the genius that decided to stop making the spicy nugs? they should be turned into chili

They brought them back, at least.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

wendy's is a solid tier 2/3 choice depending on where you are.

thats a positive recommendation from this fast foodie, mind you

Wendy’s is rarely the best choice around, but it is always so far from the worst choice that it deserves recognition.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

sports posted:

You can't go wrong with some Junior Cheeseburgers Deluxe.

4f4 ftw

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Spicy chicken sandwich is top tier stuff. I order it plain though cause eww wilty crap and mayo.

chicken nugs are good in a very spongey homogeneous way

frosties are great duh

I also ENJOY their fries most people don't I don't understand why. skin-on fries are great, like sorry if they remind you too much of a potato guys

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
That's not really Wendy in the commercials:argh:

The chili is great though.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
We have the most amazing Wendy's here in town. Once you pay there is never a wait for your food. Often they will be leaning out of the window with bag in hand. It's easily the best run fast food place I've ever been to.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

That's not really Wendy in the commercials:argh:

The chili is great though.

Dave Thomas was also not the one from SCTV.
Which is a little bit more than disappointing.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I ordered a frosty the other day but messed up and got vanilla instead of chocolate and I regret the mistake but also the vanilla one isn't too bad but it's definitely no chocolate.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I found the beef

it's in my belly

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
strawberry lemonade

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2

- Wisdom of the ages.
why did they change from yellow cups to red, red is not Wendys

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Anyone else prefer their older barbecue sauce? Used to love those with chicken nuggets but a while back they changed it and it’s bleh.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ANUSTART posted:

why did they change from yellow cups to red, red is not Wendys

It's all about the hair on the cute actress

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I weirdly enjoy their baked potatoes a lot. Just anything potato related from there is great.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The spicy chicken sammitch I got at the Wendy's in the business park in Yokahama, Japan in 1999 was spicier than the ones I was getting in the USA at the time.

That's my Wendy's anecdote.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

that's cause white people's version of spicy is too much black pepper in their food :sigh:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

GORDON posted:

The spicy chicken sammitch I got at the Wendy's in the business park in Yokahama, Japan in 1999 was spicier than the ones I was getting in the USA at the time.

That's my Wendy's anecdote.

Thank you

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'm glad it's finally out there.

That kind of knowledge shouldn't be hoarded.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2

- Wisdom of the ages.

Sid Vicious posted:

It's all about the hair on the cute actress

they eliminated her from all the new logo signs in bringing in the red cups. whats happening here......

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Has anyone else here tried one of Dave's Sodas? I got the cherry cream soda on a whim with my $4 for 4 last night. It was good even if it tasted kind of watered-down, though that may have just been the Freestyle machine's fault. Don't know if I'd get it again, but the orange cream soda they also have might tempt me next time I swing by.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Heliotrope posted:

Anyone else prefer their older barbecue sauce? Used to love those with chicken nuggets but a while back they changed it and it’s bleh.

yeah their old bbq sauce was way better. the new sauce is way lighter and not as good.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

the older sauce was def spicier and better overall :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaQ8U0ieiQY i play the dave thomas game with friends sometimes

Wendys was always the place where I had nostalgic memories of being a kid of the 90s, watching a batman cartoon, reading a spiderman comic, and getting a kids meal with one of those awful 3D comics (it got better)

and somehow that was always my "go-to" place when having big sad slumps, mostly because frosties (they should have never gotten rid of the cones in later years)

I can't wait to see the breakfast offerings for the company, but I am also somewhat annoyed i never got the chance to enjoy the croissant chicken sandwich they had