Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
This thread is for reminiscing about that garbage you ate every day at public school.

Let's hear all about the soggy fries, lovely ketchup, terrible chicken nuggets, plastic cheese pizza and the runny ranch that went on everything

e: please spoiler any descriptions or depictions of school food from outside the states. we all know the USA is trash, but I'd prefer to see a stark divide between us and elsewhere

Hardon Crime fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I drank a lot of Dr Pepper and ate a lot of KFC in the (sponsored) high school cafeteria, and also I had no practical knowledge of nutrition or resistance training.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
That surprisingly good turkey and gravy slop they served a couple times a year near the holidays.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
I remember in grade school we got these tiny grey burgers that sucked rear end

I dont even know how they cooked them, I'm assuming in some industrial oven they got from the old penitentiary from how much they sucked

one day I bit down on a piece of bone and i took it up to the lunch lady and was like "this loving burger hurt my tooth" and she just shrugged at me

this was the #1 grade school in my state mind you. it's still the best public grade school in my state 20 years later and hasn't been upgraded at all, I went there to vote for a ballot initiative just last year

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I've been asked to spoiler tag this because it might make you realize your childhood was lacking lunchtime alcohol:

France used to serve wine to kids at lunchtime:

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 11, 2020

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you're not eating tacos and square pizza from the lunch line then you fuckin up.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chili, chips, and cheese. I liked it.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Bronze Fonz posted:

Beat that, Trump country!

I updated the "rules" of the thread, if you'd be so kind as to adhere to them and edit your post I would appreciate it thanks

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

motherfuckin' bosco sticks

Missus Dill
May 8, 2007

At my high school they served “nugs and fries” which consisted of chicken nuggets and soggy fries crammed into a Pepsi cup and covered with tin foil

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Chili, chips, and cheese. I liked it.

I only had the chili and cheese when they served those sweaty hot dogs on soggy buns. pair with a side of crappy fries and a little splash of runny ranch.

it was still better than the food you can get from convenience stores I guess

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
When I got to high school, they started serving real pizza, they'd order from the big slice place down the block and cut the slices in half and sell them for twice what you'd pay if you walked there.

still beat the plastic cheese rectangle though

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
i slipped out and went to taco bell a lot in high school

in elementary i had a friend who delighted in mixing the day's offerings together into a paste, every day, it was funny but always awful and the milk was the worst for it if she was willing to sacrifice it and i still get nausea if i smell garbage with too much ketchup or grease

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Can't wait for chicken nugget day

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

terminal chillness posted:

Can't wait for chicken nugget day

what about chicken sandwich day? it was basically a big chicken nugget between a white bread bun with mayo

I put mustard on mine because they never gave us BBQ with the big chicky nug sammy

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My daughter never eats their food, always a take from home one. Saving Burt money and eating healthy

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I too remember the pizza rectangle that came baked into a waxed cardboard container. If you pulled the cheese off the top the moist dough underneath looked like the folds of a brain.

The tacos weren't that bad. They used a taco meat that was very similar to the Taco Bell ground beef, just not as tasty.

The chocolate milk was absolute garbage. It tasted nothing like chocolate. It was barely even sweet either.

And yeah I don't know how they made hamburger patties so bad. They must have been boiled in a vat.

This all changed in high school, though. We had a legit mini Pizza Hut as part of our cafeteria there.

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money
in my high school the special ed kids helped out in the kitchen by baking the cookies and no loving joke they were the best cookies i've ever had

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bronze Fonz posted:

I've been asked to spoiler tag this because it might make you realize your childhood was lacking lunchtime alcohol:

what the gently caress

that woulda made afternoon classes so much more tolerable

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I brought my own lunch to school every day. Brown paper bag, a couple pb&j or baloney sammiches and a tastykake. The best part about school lunch was taking the lunchroom forks and stomping them flat and then watching to see who got one the next day.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Roberto_Silencio posted:

in my high school the special ed kids helped out in the kitchen by baking the cookies and no loving joke they were the best cookies i've ever had

We also had special ed cookies and they ruled. They were only served at snack break though and then that was canceled because we couldn't have nice things.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
One of the elementary schools I went to had good rectangle pizza and a cart where you could get pizza stix and Taco Bell burritos, junior high had big, soft pretzels, and both high schools I went to served Taco Bell and Subway.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
To this day I still have nightmares of the goulash , it looked and tasted like puke.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Our school only sold sandwiches that were made with one slice white and one slice brown in a weird attempt to promote multiculturalism. They had a poster up explaining this

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

School dinners in the UK used to be great until Jamie Oliver got sad on and hosed everything up

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

gbs elementary school: a place for ribs

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Pastry of the Year posted:

When I was in middle school the cafeteria introduced a new item: A McRib knockoff. They were loving vile. The trashcan was full of them. They all had one bite taken out of them and that's it. That was the first and last time they served them.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
we ranked pizzas by how many napkins it took until you couldn't turn them totally transparent with grease. 'this one's a seven napkiner'

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My kids bring a lunch from home with them but most of the time all there is in the house is jalapeño Cheetos and vodka so...?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

One of em is real fat so they must not be starving

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

the pizzas were kinda good. the real terrible stuff was the vegetables like boiled canned green beans get that poo poo outta here

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
My most vivid memory of grade school lunch was from taco day, I got my tray and sat down at a nearly empty table and the kid across from me reached over and started dabbing his finger in a little dollop of salsa that dripped on the rim of my tray

I looked up because what the gently caress and it was a kid with down syndrome just putting his hands near my food, which explained the whole thing. I'm pretty sure if he hadn't touched my tray I wouldn't have even noticed anything

Looking back it was far less disgusting than the time I recreated the "I'm a zit" scene from animal house

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Resting Lich Face posted:

That surprisingly good turkey and gravy slop they served a couple times a year near the holidays.

Why was that so good? It should be absolutely revolting but for some reason it hit some kind of “oh gently caress yes” switch in my brain.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Upstate NY:

Our lunch pizza was inedible garbage just obscene trash it makes me sick just thinking about it.

Around 10th grade I realized I could just spend my whole lunch money on Cheese Fries and swapped over completely and except for taco day.

They cooked so many cheeseburgers for lunch every day that you could wander into the cafeteria at any point after 2 PM and buy them for .50 so I would just eat cheese fries for lunch, then wait until after school and buy like 3-4 cheeseburgers for $2.

Every spare $1 I had went straight into the Snapple machine, Fruit Punch PURPLE CAN baby.

The benefit of being in NY was our breakfast option was giant bagels and huge blobs of cream cheese and then sausage patties or fried eggs and cereal. I hated being poor but breakfast at school was on point, and no one cares if you’re on food stamps at lunch and use change to augment your free lunch with extra fries or something.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

Upstate NY:

Our lunch pizza was inedible garbage just obscene trash it makes me sick just thinking about it.

Around 10th grade I realized I could just spend my whole lunch money on Cheese Fries and swapped over completely and except for taco day.

They cooked so many cheeseburgers for lunch every day that you could wander into the cafeteria at any point after 2 PM and buy them for .50 so I would just eat cheese fries for lunch, then wait until after school and buy like 3-4 cheeseburgers for $2.

Every spare $1 I had went straight into the Snapple machine, Fruit Punch PURPLE CAN baby.

The benefit of being in NY was our breakfast option was giant bagels and huge blobs of cream cheese and then sausage patties or fried eggs and cereal. I hated being poor but breakfast at school was on point, and no one cares if you’re on food stamps at lunch and use change to augment your free lunch with extra fries or something.

Man, I also grew up in upstate NY and the only thing we had from this list was good bagels. I feel ripped off.

We did love thursdays for being Chicken Patty day. Those things were complete salt bombs but everyone loved them in spite of/because of that.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://youtu.be/fK5CLplRIno

Did anyone else have cheese zombies? Usually a wide, flat roll cut down the middle with a bunch of lovely melted cheese in the middle. It sucked and I always ate two.

Plus the sausage rolls that looked like the poo poo that would come out of a dehydrated and sick dog.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This thread has made it so that I have no choice but to get a cheeseburger with cheese fries and a fruit punch Snapple for lunch it is the only option

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
One whole leaf of ice berg lettuce is a salad, if ranch dressing packets are available

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pastry of the Year posted:

What the gently caress is any of this? Top left is sweetcorn, although I don't want to bet on whether it's passed through someone's digestive system yet, but I have no idea what the rest is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Corn, brownie, mashed potatoes, and... McRibs?