Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Who has the best chains? It's definitely not the PNW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Variety of chains is one of the few things Texas has going for it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tampa seems fairly chill, OP.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Phoenix has White Castle, In-n-Out, and (my personal favorite) Portillo's.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

BaconCopter posted:

Phoenix has White Castle, In-n-Out, and (my personal favorite) Portillo's.

Tampa has Portillo's too. It's sweet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The spicy beef and sausage... Hell yeah.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Tampa has Portillo's too. It's sweet.

Well poo poo, that's news to me. Hell yeah.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Area? Not sure.

Specific location?

My house.

I have the following within a 10 minute walk of my
house and I do not live in a “major” city.

McDonald’s, Burger KingWendy’s, Taco Bell, Subway, Jersey Mike’s, Firehouse Subs, Five Guys, Pollo Tropical, Arby’s, Moe’s, Tijuana Flats, Chipotle, Panera, Wawa, Julibee, PDQ, and Subway. Some of these are Florida specific.

And that’s just the fast food. If you start to include chain restaurants and extremely authentic Asian foods and Latin foods and the list would be Ridiculously long.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Has anyone said Las Vegas? They got a 24 hour everything on and around the strip.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Allow Mr. Dick to lay down the science:

Has Jollibees and Yoshinoya: Los Angeles

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Kuwait

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

n8r posted:

Who has the best chains? It's definitely not the PNW.

I was in Seattle a few months ago and there was this awesome fast food place called Dicks. They had really good milkshakes and the novelty of it was your food was ready very shortly after you ordered. It’s a local only chain

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick's_Drive-In

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Breezewood, Pennsylvania

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

shadow puppet of a posted:

Breezewood, Pennsylvania

That's basically any shithole freeway town in the US.

I see absolutely nothing interesting or special there.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea. Just take exit 30 antwhere dude... Come on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait what the gently caress. 3.55???

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Mr. Dick posted:

Yoshinoya is a favorite of mine as well, and one of those restaurants where it's one of those psudo-weeb moods where you just want to get a beef bowl then play parappa the rapper on a playstation 1 and watch some wrestling tapes.

and while i don't really enjoy halo halo, that dessert alone puts jollibee on the map, and no matter where i go, that's always crowded with families getting buckets of ChickenJoy

(my go-to is the 2 piece w/ spaghetti and a aloha burger on the side - something about the savory, sweet and the tomato sauce that just brings joy)

The only thing missing in LA is maybe other regional favorites like a Cook Out, Whataburger and White Castle.

But I ain't giving that up for the life of late-night donuts and bars that serve street tacos on the side.

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

funny way to spell posted:

I was in Seattle a few months ago and there was this awesome fast food place called Dicks. They had really good milkshakes and the novelty of it was your food was ready very shortly after you ordered. It’s a local only chain

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick's_Drive-In

Looks good, funny enough I watched an interview with Bill Gates and this place makes his favorite burger.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Dick posted:

San Diego has both these and approximately seven million indie Mexican places with drivethroughs.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm going with Southern CA. Phoenix is a strong contender, like if you preferred Whataburger to Jollibees maybe you could make the argument, but to me Southern CA having access to Roscoes and CoCO ICHIBANYA tips the scale.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mr. Dick posted:

never heard of any of these

if they were good they would be nationwide.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

San Diego has both these and approximately seven million indie Mexican places with drivethroughs.

Maybe it is time for Mr. Dick to take a transfer.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
socal seems like a safe bet and probably wins by a mile once you factor in non-chain fast food

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Chicago non-chain fast food rules.

youre
Dec 30, 2019

your very own kitchen can make the best fast food if you are prepared to source fresh ingredients and set some time aside OP

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The yoshinoya’s is San Diego are very bad compared to the ones in LA. The one in Chula Vista is really gross.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

youre posted:

your very own kitchen can make the best fast food if you are prepared to source fresh ingredients and set some time aside OP

GB2GWS

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

youre posted:

actually i'm very happy to pay well over the cost of ingredients for other people to source those ingredients, prepare it, serve it to me and clean everything up so I can spend my time doing anything else.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
How is Jolibee a perk that place scares me and the food is hosed up

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

funny way to spell posted:

The yoshinoya’s is San Diego are very bad compared to the ones in LA. The one in Chula Vista is really gross.

Yoshinoya was so bad in Ontario (California) when I was growing up that I was shocked it was a chain. But weirdly it was pretty decent in Tucson when I finally gave it a shot. Unfortunately they closed a few years ago, although hilariously enough the knock off "Yokohama Rice Bowl" has survived.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
mcdonalds

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

true

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

sports posted:

How is Jolibee a perk that place scares me and the food is hosed up

Best chicken, best gravy.

Filipino spaghetti can also be good as hell, but Mr. Dick is one of the few people who realize that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

vegas has a sample of every region minus culvers and whataburger (but whataburger is coming soon)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Little known fact that the 1950's mob spent most of their energy on drafting enforceable anti-frozen custard covenants into their shady land acquisition deals and when muscling out bit players.

youre
Dec 30, 2019

shadow puppet of a posted:

Little known fact that the 1950's mob spent most of their energy on drafting enforceable anti-frozen custard covenants into their shady land acquisition deals and when muscling out bit players.

That was one of my favourite 90 minute unresolved subplots from The Irishman

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Any place with a Cook Out.

So not SoCal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU