Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

"what the gently caress is this?? you call this quince and elderberry trifle with freshly whipped buttercream icing and roasted chestnut? I WOULDN'T FEED THIS TO MY rear end in a top hat LET ALONE SERVE IT TO CUSTOMERS!"

*a tiny vole weeps in the corner*

"OH, pull yourself together you PATHETIC TWAT......(incredulous)IS THIS DAMSON CORDIAL EXPIRED???!!!?!?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Seems more of a BYOB concept, but hell - Redwall

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Redwall

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
*Is super racist to weasels and rats*

REDWALL

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So... are the mice giant mice, or are they baking apple pies with little apples the size of pinheads?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In the very first book, the abbot reaches down to pick up a fallen apple, yet Cluny the Scourge can fit his entire horde on the back of a single horse cart.

What the gently caress is going on??

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Forget about it, Applewhite. It's Redwall.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

WHAT THE BLOODY ELL. THE FAWKIN WALKIN IS FULL OF FAWKIN MICE. THIS IS TRULY A KITCHEN NIGHTMA..

*producer whispers into ear*

Oh.

...WELL THEN WHY THE gently caress ARE THEY ALL DEAD?

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Applewhite posted:

So... are the mice giant mice, or are they baking apple pies with little apples the size of pinheads?
Don't pretend you haven't thought long and hard about the question of cheese provenance, Applewhite. And also about loving the inhabitants of Mossflower Wood

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
poo poo, I'd never even considered either, now I can't stop thinking about both!

Curse you, Daikloktos!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im reading The Long Patrol again and im excited for the 9 page feast segments

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*steps forward*

I am Reedwall

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
whats everyones fav book in the series

For me its Long Patrol but Lord Brocktree is also off the hook

havent read Loamhenge yet

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I loving loved the Redwall books when I was in middle school and would still love to see movie adaptations of all of them...... completely R-rated, maybe even NC-17, filled beyond the brim with the filthiest, most depraved curseword-filled [Adult Swim] humor, insane mentally-derelict Mad Max-level characters and dialog that would make actual Mad Max characters look like Mr. Rogers, and non-stop, gratuitous, over-the-top, ultra-detailed, Metalocalypse-style ultra-violence, almost all of which is played for laughs and made to desensitize the poo poo out of the audience. Also they must all have super metal soundtracks assembled by the combined minds and talents of only the :black101:-est musicians and composers we have, including but not limited to: the guys from Mastodon, :megadeath:, maybe Paul Stanley for a little complexity, and Brendan Small bringing his Dethklok A-game.

WE ARE HERE TO MAKE REDWALL METAL!!
WE WILL MAKE EVERYTHING METAL!!
BLACKER THAN THE BLACKEST BLACK, TIMES INFINITY!!

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 9, 2020

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

verbal enema posted:

pearls of lutra

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

I. M. Gei posted:

I loving loved the Redwall books when I was in middle school and would still love to see movie adaptations of all of them...... completely R-rated, maybe even NC-17, filled beyond the brim with the filthiest, most depraved curseword-filled [Adult Swim] humor, insane mentally-derelict Mad Max-level characters and dialog that would make actual Mad Max characters look like Mr. Rogers, and non-stop, gratuitous, over-the-top, ultra-detailed, Metalocalypse-style ultra-violence, almost all of which is played for laughs and made to desensitize the poo poo out of the audience. Also they must all have super metal soundtracks assembled by the combined minds and talents of only the :black101:-est musicians and composers we have, including but not limited to: the guys from Mastodon, :megadeath:, maybe Paul Stanley for a little complexity, and Brendan Small bringing his Dethklok A-game.

WE ARE HERE TO MAKE REDWALL METAL!!
WE WILL MAKE EVERYTHING METAL!!
BLACKER THAN THE BLACKEST BLACK, TIMES INFINITY!!

this is a strange post brother

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I watched the show Mystery Diner tonight and found it to be hilarious and good uhhh satire?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Applewhite posted:

In the very first book, the abbot reaches down to pick up a fallen apple, yet Cluny the Scourge can fit his entire horde on the back of a single horse cart.

What the gently caress is going on??

Actually this brings up an interesting point.

Do horses ever appear anywhere else in any of the Redwall books, outside of that one scene at the start of the first book where Cluny and his horde are riding on/with them and one of his mooks falls off and gets trampled by them? And if not, why not? I read a bunch of the books in the series — I think I finished at least 5 or 6 of them and got a few chapters into several more — but I don’t remember horses being mentioned a single time beyond that one instance.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 9, 2020

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Muscle Wizard posted:

pearls of lutra

that is a very powerful choice friend

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I. M. Gei posted:

Do horses ever appear anywhere else in any of the Redwall books, outside of that one scene at the start of the first book where Cluny and his horde are riding on/with them and one of his mooks falls off and gets trampled by them?

nope!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Legend Of Luke also mega owns

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

What critter would Fieri be?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

A badger, he already has the fur coloration down

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Fartington Butts posted:

Either a super cool mouse, or a rabbit/hare without that rabbit/hare accent they always have. Either way his fur would be colored like his real-life hair, he’d talk the same way he does on TV, and all the other animals would think he’s kind of a weirdo for both those reasons.

Barudak posted:

A badger, he already has the fur coloration down

Nah, badgers in Redwall are big huge fuckers. They’re always super tall, super heavy, super muscley, and super strong; in people terms they’d be like 1.5 to 2 times bigger and beefier than the biggest defensive football player you can think of. Which would basically make them lab-grown supermen.

Guy Fieri is big, but he is not big in any of those ways.

Also IIRC most, if not all, Redwall badgers are trained heavily in combat from early ages and are thus insanely good fighters and martial artists, both unarmed and with all manner of weapons (with the possible exceptions of certain long-range projectile weapons like bows and arrows). Which uhh... I mean, I’ve never personally seen Guy Fieri try to fight, but... eehhhhhh...

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 9, 2020

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
yes he's deffo a fat mouse or hare

probably hare since those fuckers LOVE food

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

Do horses ever appear anywhere else in any of the Redwall books, outside of that one scene at the start of the first book where Cluny and his horde are riding on/with them and one of his mooks falls off and gets trampled by them? And if not, why not? I read a bunch of the books in the series — I think I finished at least 5 or 6 of them and got a few chapters into several more — but I don’t remember horses being mentioned a single time beyond that one instance.

And this brings up three additional questions:

1. Can horses talk in the Redwall universe, like all of the other animals can? Like could those Cluny horses have talked if they wanted to, but they just didn’t for some reason?

2. Do equines of any sorts or species exist in the Redwall universe, besides those aforementioned Cluny ones, even if they’re existences are never acknowledged in any of the books? AND...

3. ... if, in fact, no other equid species except Cluny’s horses exist in Redwall World, what other insult(s) would Gordon Ramsay hurl at incompetant Redwall cooks instead of :ramsay:, since donkeys now aren’t a thing?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Daikloktos posted:

Don't pretend you haven't thought long and hard about the question of cheese provenance, Applewhite. And also about loving the inhabitants of Mossflower Wood

oim a mole, and me and moi friends will run a train on you in t'woods, burr aye

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

The horse cart in the first book implied the existence of human beings and then the author was very careful to never do that again. I think it's best left forgotten.

Anything prominently featuring badgers was probably my favorite when I was a kid. Otters and moles were also great.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lmao

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Deeper'n'ever

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Breadwall lol

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
How long can I keep acorns before they go bad?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
oh, redwall :3:

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
when the library opens up im gonna read some redwall

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Redwall REDWALL

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
And after aaaaallllllllllll
You're my redwaaaaaaallllllll

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema posted:

come on day shift cough up ya answers

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...

verbal enema posted:

Pearls of Lutra and The Legend of Luke. Taggerung, too.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I like that in Taggerung one of the vermin leader's lieutenants suggests looting this Redwall place and by that point in the timeline the reaction is "Are you loving crazy? That place is loving haunted by warrior spirits and poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

verbal enema posted:

im reading The Long Patrol again and im excited for the 9 page feast segments
I think it's nice that he started writing because he wanted to make something for the children at the school for the blind he volunteered at, which is why all of his books have the ridiculously detailed descriptions of feasts and stuff.

On the other hand, I never caught on to the racism until it was made super explicit in the one book where like a baby ferret is raised in the abbey. I think he grows up and turns out to be a shitbag not because he was ostracized or anything, but despite growing up with a caring adopted family he just can't help it because he's one of the "bad" species. Dude doesn't even get a redemption arc or anything; despite sacrificing himself in the end for his adopted mother the takeaway was "he probably didn't even mean to save me, he was just evil this whole time." God drat, son.

verbal enema posted:

The Long Patrol rocks. After that I generally liked all of the stuff that was chronologically from before and right when the abbey was built, lots of boats and pirates and stuff which was my jam at the time.