Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
I recently found out one of my friends Lucie Flynn was run over by a driver who broke through the crowd at the protests in Oakland on May 30th. She is currently in critical condition and may never walk again.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/search-continues-for-hit-and-run-driver-who-ran-over-woman-at-oakland-protest/

We were actually live streaming that night for Whisky Tango Media and I'm currently going through hours of footage looking for the vehicle since we were pretty close at the time of the attack. I will also be canvasing businesses in the area to try and obtain CCTV footage to try and get a number plate. The Oakland Police Department have been less than cooperative and don't seem to want to spend any resources on the case so I guess I'm getting a promotion from independent field reporter to investigative journalist. Here is what little footage and images we have so far.

https://www.facebook.com/carmel.flynnsmyth/posts/10157122217695685

Luckily the Goons in AI were able to quickly identify the make and model of the vehicle.

quote:

STR wrote on Jun 10, 2020 14:17:
If you're not watching the thread anymore, as others said, definitely 98-02 Accord, but I can narrow it a bit more.

It's a 98-02 EX V6 Accord. The muffler on the driver's side gives it away as a V6 model. The wheels are EX wheels, but they've either been painted, or "plastidipped" (guessing dipped, since there's a big chunk missing on that left rear wheel). Those are stock wheels for that generation.

It's possible they swapped over EX wheels onto a V6 LX (98-02 was the first generation where you could get a V6 without the top of the line EX trim), but it's most likely an EX or EX-L.

It also has sagging rear suspension, unless they had a lot of weight in the back.

Hope that helps.

I was given Mod permission to do a donation thread so here is a GoFundMe for our friend Lucie. She's looking at massive amounts of medical bills and months of rehabilitation. https://www.gofundme.com/f/lucie-flynn?utm_source=customer-andr&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=email

Thank you for all the support you've shown so far. For those that don't have plat and may have useful information you can email us at whiskytangomedia@gmail.com . Hopefully we can bring this POS to justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
That's loving awful and I hope they get the bastard. Donated.

I dunno how you feel about CSPAM but you may want to post this in the succ zone thread also.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I will be doing more with this thread tomorrow but for now, lets donate to a good cause. If you are feeling extra generous after donating to this thread head over to Games, Games has a great donation thread for organizations supporting the good fight and I fully encourage you to donate to that as well.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926059

Anyone feel free to post a gang tag idea, Sid Viscous and I will also be working on one and are up for suggestions.

One important point, if you have 3 gang tags and an avatar already please choose one to replace when posting your donation.

Goons are the best community on the internet and I know you will make us proud.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I donated 25, and I'm sending all the good vibes I have her way

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Also I know a couple of you including sid already posted theirs but please post your receipt and also edit your personal info so I don’t have to edit your posts.

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 10, 2020

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Also I know a couple of you including sid already posted theirs but please post your receipt and also edit your your personal info so I don’t have to edit your posts.

e2.

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 10, 2020

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Mentioned in the Riots thread but here's my receipt:

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

In for $20. Hope she has as full a recovery as possible.

vv I didn't get one either I don't know what the gently caress

ohnobugs fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 10, 2020

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I forgot to take a screenshot yesterday, and I'm not getting an email receipt for some reason, so if this is acceptable that's fine, if not, was a good cause anyway.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

The Locator posted:

I forgot to take a screenshot yesterday, and I'm not getting an email receipt for some reason, so if this is acceptable that's fine, if not, was a good cause anyway.

Of course totally fine

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
drat that is hella sad :(

Donated! Or at least trying to....submit button on gofundme is just spinning forever

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

James Woods posted:

Luckily the Goons in AI were able to quickly identify the make and model of the vehicle.

I knew once I saw it was an Accord STR would come through with all the model info. He is a master of those.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Happy to make a donation

e: well not happy but ykwim

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

good luck to your friend, op

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...

Hope this helps, OP

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Goons helped me out with my GFM and I can't think of a better cause to return the favor for. Sorry about your friend OP, I hope they get that motherfucker

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

If possible, I'd love one of those "only trust your fists" tags.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Drunk Nerds posted:

If possible, I'd love one of those "only trust your fists" tags.

Post ITT:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926059

Also $50 for Lucie:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hope this helps; that video was rough as hell to watch, god that's hosed up.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Done. Let's get these bastards and I hope your friend gets better soon. Wish I had more to spare.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Thank you guys so much this is amazing. I burnt some shoe leather in Oakland today and identified four CCTV cameras that may have footage. So far I've been able to get contact info for the owners of two of them and shot them emails. The building with the other two has no posted address and seems abandoned. Both people I spoke with were familiar with the incident and said that I was the first to request the footage and were wondering why the cops had'd been around yet. Hopefully they haven't deleted the footage already.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Donated 25 bucks. This is just awful.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I drive a 1998 Accord EX V6 and can confirm that is beyond doubt what that car is because the v6 that generation had 5-lug hubs and the 4 cylinder trims had 4-lug hubs. The wheels cannot be swapped.

E: There was a V6 LX? mind blown

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 11, 2020

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Good luck with everything.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Hope $10 covers one-one hundredth of an inpatient aspirin.

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 13, 2020

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I don't currently have an income or I'd give much more. Hope this helps.

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

i just donated :20bux: and i want you to know, i really dont do stuff like this so...let's turn this poo poo around, people what. the. gently caress.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Pahilla the Hun posted:

i just donated :twenty: and i want you to know, i really dont do stuff like this so...let's turn this poo poo around, people what. the. gently caress.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
I wish her the best for her recovery, and for swift and brutal revenge against the fuckers responsible.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Once again thank you guys so much. Quick update, I've been in contact with Lucie's parents all day exchanging information. They say that the OPD recovered the footage from the corner building with two cameras and are reviewing it. They have not yet said if they were able to find a plate nor have they released the footage publicly. I've offered my services as an independent investigator and they've happily accepted and thanked me very much for the information I've been able to provide so far. They also wanted me to extend a big thanks to all of you who have donated and provided information.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Donated! And permission to share this on Twitter? I don't have a huge following, but I can ask some of my bigger friends to carry it along.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Donated. Best of luck towards her recovery.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Das Boo posted:

Donated! And permission to share this on Twitter? I don't have a huge following, but I can ask some of my bigger friends to carry it along.

Yes of course, working on a tag I just wanted to make sure this got donations before anything else. Timeliness is important for these kinds of things.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

I included the ad. Just for reasons.

I hope she recovers 100%

A friend of a goon, is a friend of goons.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 13, 2020

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Das Boo posted:

By all means. The more exposure the better.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
no news on the driver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

gently caress this terrible world and all the terrible people in it

it's not much but i hope it helps