Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ketchup
ketchup
catsup
View Results

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Ever acceptable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

well i hosed the poll up. I don't mind it, sometimes

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Ketchup flavored potato chips are aight.

It’s a 3rd tier fry dip I guess.

I do like a ketchup, mustard, onion, relish all beef hotdog. gently caress the haters and chicagoans.

(Chicago dogs are good too?)

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Ketchup is fine, whatever. No worse than dumping ranch or nacho cheeze all over something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like it on Home Fries, OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s nice if it has a little spice to it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i dont know what the poll was supposed to be but i added one for you op. '

ketchup is good on French Fries. I also like it on Corn Dogs and Hot Dogs and Hush Puppies. It's the correct basis for slathering a meatloaf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
curried ketchup is great with fries, burgs, and brats

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Curry ketchup can gtfo. (that curry gravy/MSG sauce they have at a chippy in England though is loving amazing)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Curry ketchup can gtfo

wtf

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Local burger place makes spicy ketchup from scratch that's baller.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

It's terrible. I hate when you go to an upscale restaurant and get a burger and fries (which are generally both great) and then they bring out their 'homemade ketchup' in a cup (curry or otherwise) and its 90% of the time just over-sweetened poo poo. It's like they have a vendetta against ketchup eaters and they are like "oh you want to drown your fries in sugar?! I'll give ya sugar!!!'. We get it, ketchup is sweet, you don't need to add 3x the sweetness of loving mass-produced Heinz.

The aioli/mayo based sauces at these places are conversely 90% amazing, and these are superior fry dips to ketchup, so crisis averted, I guess.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I like mixing ketchup in with my honey mustard when I eat chicken nuggets/fingers. I like ketchup & mustard on hot dogs. Ketchup is nice.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

It's terrible. I hate when you go to an upscale restaurant and get a burger and fries (which are generally both great) and then they bring out their 'homemade ketchup' in a cup (curry or otherwise) and its 90% of the time just over-sweetened poo poo. It's like they have a vendetta against ketchup eaters and they are like "oh you want to drown your fries in sugar?! I'll give ya sugar!!!'. We get it, ketchup is sweet, you don't need to add 3x the sweetness of loving mass-produced Heinz.

The aioli/mayo based sauces at these places are conversely 90% amazing, and these are superior fry dips to ketchup, so crisis averted, I guess.

Curry ketchup is a german thing that's basically just regular ketchup with curry powder. It is in fact quite good.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bougie american restaurants that opened in 2005 have a habit of having a 'house ketchup' that's universally worse than heinz. from what i can tell every place's secret recipe is just more salt and garlic

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

i say swears online posted:

bougie american restaurants that opened in 2005 have a habit of having a 'house ketchup' that's universally worse than heinz. from what i can tell every place's secret recipe is just more salt and garlic

This is a more succinct way of putting what I was saying. I think its sugar though OP.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if my meal is served on a plank of wood i don't ask for ketchup

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I've hit the point in my life where I'm always looking for a reason to deliver more mustard into my face, but goddamn I'll never not take a curry ketchup with my sausage.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

how about 2 curry ketchups

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

TheAardvark posted:

Curry ketchup is a german thing that's basically just regular ketchup with curry powder. It is in fact quite good.

yes dammit, that was what i was referring to. i've never had any other kind. thank you

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Nice catsup thread

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

If they're just lovely fast food french fries that don't really stand up on their own I like to dip them in a mix of ketchup and yellow mustard. Same with fast food onion rings.

Hard agree that most restaurants' attempts to make their own ~gourmet~ ketchup are trash garbage.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
French’s is better than Heinz

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Put it on hotdogs, burgers, french fries, eggs (especially)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Put it on hotdogs, burgers, french fries, eggs (especially)

Y'all forgettin' about hash browns?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Hot sauce is for hashbrowns and eggs. Also salt and pepper

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
my brother has the digusting habit of putting plain ketchup on plain rice and eating that. like as a meal

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Zippy the Bummer posted:

my brother has the digusting habit of putting plain ketchup on plain rice and eating that. like as a meal

i had a coworker who was an extremely picky eater and this is one of the few things she would eat. always thought it was a puerto rican thing since that's where she was from

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Ah, I see you are a real connoisseur of ketchup, or kekap as it is known in its homeland, the far away spice islands south of Xi'an. Allow me to tantalize your taste buds with this fine vintage...

*opens mini fridge full of wine bottles to produce a bottle of Jufran banana sauce*

I hope you will find it to your liking. This is, ah, as the kids say, "the real OG"

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I'm not really a big ketchup fan, but it does go fairly with pretty much any kind of fried potato, even more so if the ketchup is mixed with hot sauce. I'll usually go for malt vinegar on fried potatoes if it's around, though. I've never had curry ketchup, but it sounds pretty good. I almost always prefer plain yellow mustard to ketchup, and plain yellow is the bottom-shelf mustard, so that says a lot about ketchup. Barbecue sauce is usually better than ketchup. Salsa is better on eggs. Bargain-bin marinara is better than ketchup on a lot of things. I've had "organic ketchup made in-store" a few times, and it's always terrible. Not just insanely sweeter than already too-sweet ketchup, but just awful.

In summary, ketchup isn't a garbage condiment, but it is pretty dismissible.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Heinz ketchup owns, “house” ketchups almost universally suck poo poo

----------------

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

remember in 04 it was extremely patriotic to boycott Heinz ketchup if you supported presidential candidate george w bush

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my mom was as big a republican as they come in '04 but refused to switch because heinz is so much better than hunt's

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My rents tried to boycott French's I think.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

remember in 04 it was extremely patriotic to boycott Heinz ketchup if you supported presidential candidate george w bush

Even literal nazis didn't really do this because Heinz ketchup is so much better than the rest lol

GTFO with that Hunts poo poo.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Heinz Ketchup is not an amazing condiment

It does not transform dishes

It is not even the best ketchup you can probably get

but it is 100% better than store brand or Hunt's

I will do a blind taste test and then wrestle you blindfolded before you even reveal the results

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

not being able to tell heinz from hunt's is a symptom of covid

----------------

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Ketchup on scrambled eggs is where it’s at. Sure, you can take more care and sautee some onions and make a nice soft egg, but for a workday breakfast, obliterating eggs with some ketchup is a lovely everyday treat.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Anonymous Robot posted:

Ketchup on scrambled eggs is where it’s at. Sure, you can take more care and sautee some onions and make a nice soft egg, but for a workday breakfast, obliterating eggs with some ketchup is a lovely everyday treat.

Ketchup on eggs is good. salsa on eggs is way better, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like a thick Mexican style hot sauce in place of ketchup on eggs. Myself. Valentina main here.