Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I got my W2 a week or two ago, and figured I should file early if only to expedite any further stimulus payments.

I filed on February 15th, and with lightning speed I got my Federal refund direct deposited on February 18th. gently caress yeah!

My Federal refund was $3.

What should I do with my newfound wealth? Should I invest it? Go in with a couple other people on a pack of cigarettes?

I guess if others have experiences to share about taxes this year that would be fine, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Lol op congrats on giving the government an interest free 3 dollar loan for like a year, that money could of been working for you this whole time

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Supreme Allah posted:

Lol op congrats on giving the government an interest free 3 dollar loan for like a year, that money could of been working for you this whole time

gently caress! This really puts the $4 refund I'm expecting from my State taxes in a different light. :negative:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

get a $3 scratcher, win one million dollars, and then go on the HGTV show My Lottery Dream Home with an all-in budget of five million dollars.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Mines not back but it's allegedly filed. I used the same shady free filing site as last year I dunno what's taking so long

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Harold Fjord posted:

Mines not back but it's allegedly filed. I used the same shady free filing site as last year I dunno what's taking so long

I used the same free filing site I did last year, although it's more shady now. I even turned down their new app (which was presented in a way that almost made it seem like you had to install it to get your refund electronically. I have no idea why it processed so fast.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Im gonna owe like 400 bux like a chump

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Invest in dogecoin

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

low key sex master posted:

Invest in dogecoin

I'm allergic to crypto.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i was on unemployment all last year so im absolutely about to get a lot of money back from uncle sam. all thanks to urbo tax the only FREE tax return software i trust for free tax returns. see you fuckers at the bank. :dukedog:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

i was on unemployment all last year so im absolutely about to get a lot of money back from uncle sam. all thanks to urbo tax the only FREE tax return software i trust for free tax returns. see you fuckers at the bank. :dukedog:

I used Credit Karma which was acquired by Intuit in December so it is getting more and more like TurboTax. :capitalism:

Tip to others using Credit Karma - you don't have to get the dumb Cash App they are pushing, or at least I didn't.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
40% of all US dollars in existence have been printed in the last 12 months.

Capitalism is just so far advanced that the hyperinflation is first manifesting as a stock market rally. catastrophic increases to consumer prices comes next when the house of cards falls down that TSLA isn't actually real.

the sole saving grace is that america exports so much money to other countries that little money that is printed actually remains in the country.

spend your refund while you still can op

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Methanar posted:

40% of all US dollars in existence have been printed in the last 12 months.

Capitalism is just so far advanced that the hyperinflation is first manifesting as a stock market rally. catastrophic increases to consumer prices comes next when the house of cards falls down that TSLA isn't actually real.

the sole saving grace is that america exports so much money to other countries that little money that is printed actually remains in the country.

spend your refund while you still can op

I think I have a line on some purestrain gold - that should be secure.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My wife didn't get any money from either stimulus, and I only got money from the first. That coupled with the student loan payments I made gave us a pretty good return.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
4 years ago my taxes were 110 pages long. I sat there and went through every page because I was like "how the gently caress could these taxes be 110 pages long?"

My accountant really earned his $350 that year.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lmao if you report any cash earnings. why would you do this. your taxes go to complete bullshit and being honest means youre a fuckign idiot.

what im saying is cheat on your loving taxes because gently caress EM

report big poo poo but lmao wtf are u doing being completely transparent about how much money you made

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Chinatown posted:

lmao if you report any cash earnings. why would you do this. your taxes go to complete bullshit and being honest means youre a fuckign idiot.

what im saying is cheat on your loving taxes because gently caress EM

report big poo poo but lmao wtf are u doing being completely transparent about how much money you made

It's unironically unethical to give money to the government

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

why am i reading this thread i live in loving england

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Methanar posted:

hbag posted:

why am i reading this thread i live in loving england

you give your hard earned quid to a bunch of inbred shitheads who should be fed into a industrial shredder

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Methanar posted:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

IRS tells me my check regarding 2019 is in the mail. I highly recommended submitting in paper format during a pandemic.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Chinatown posted:

you give your hard earned quid to a bunch of inbred shitheads who should be fed into a industrial shredder

yeah but the difference is i dont have a say in it the tax is automatically applied to literally every transaction
only people who have to manually file taxes here are business owners

also your sign up date is loving powerful

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

IRS tells me my check regarding 2019 is in the mail. I highly recommended submitting in paper format during a pandemic.

Lol we got ours last week.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

snort 2 dollars worth of cocaine with a 1 dollar bill

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bossy lady posted:

snort 2 dollars worth of cocaine with a 1 dollar bill

thats a lil babby line for babbys

do better

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chinatown posted:

thats a lil babby line for babbys

do better

Thanks for the encouragement, Dad.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
i got almost all the way through my taxes this year but then i read a document i got from my brokerage on a form and there was a big red line on it saying "stop, do not file your income tax, we're still figuring poo poo out".

which is as good an excuse as any to not give them the two grand more or so i owe them until my brokerage figures poo poo out.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
last year i reported some bullshit income and had to pay

deleted it and got ~$1000 refund. Don't be a mark.

L I E

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Chinatown posted:

last year i reported some bullshit income and had to pay

deleted it and got ~$1000 refund. Don't be a mark.

L I E

hell yeah.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Back in the early 2000s I ended up getting my paycheck garnished because Oregon wouldn't talk to California and I had to get all the drat paperwork to demonstrate that I had already paid taxes on the money in question. Now THAT was some bullshit.

Fuckers ended up refunding the money they garnished but I can't remember if it was with interest or not.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is the US revenue service notoriously light on billionaires? I just thought up a solution:
Lycanthropy for all agents! No rich rear end in a top hat is safe from the ravenous beast until they pay their fair share.

You're welcome America.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hbag posted:

also your sign up date is loving powerful

it used to be purchasable

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Chinatown is truly the inbred royalty of GBS.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I make $40k a year and don't own any property so my taxes are pretty easy :)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

By popular demand posted:

Is the US revenue service notoriously light on billionaires? I just thought up a solution:
Lycanthropy for all agents! No rich rear end in a top hat is safe from the ravenous beast until they pay their fair share.

You're welcome America.

Yes because the IRS has deduced that it's far easier to lay the hammer down on the poor with audits because they don't have the resources or the lawyers to fight it

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The beauty of my suggestion is that werewolves are immune to lawyers and would not be sated even if the rich throw hundreds of lawyers at them in a pitiful attempt to escape.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

you'll never get congress to implement it though, they'll only care about being primaried and the billionaires will absolutely throw a shitload of money at that to stop vengeant IRS agents from becoming law-proof werewolves

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So we should get a Vampire to enthrall the congress first, gotcha.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wizards duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm not so sure lycanthropic IRS agents are the best answer to making billionaires pay their taxes.

Robots, on the other hand, sounds promising.

T-1000s doing the audits might improve the situation.