Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
just imagine

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I hold a raw chicken drumstick in my hand, and shove it into the flat surface of the cube like it's a Golden Corral Chocolate Wonderfall. The flour cube ripples like a Mario 64 painting.

When I withdraw the drumstick from the flour cube it is now breaded and fried. I begin to salivate at the wonder, until I realize that my hand, which also entered the flour cube, is also breaded and fried. I scream.

Smash cut to a dirty dinnerplate that once contained a fried chicken dinner. There are bits of breading, biscuit crumbs, and flat white whorls where a scoop of mashed potatoes once stood. An odd looking pile of chicken(?) bones are strewn across the plate. A long, contented sigh is heard from off screen.

"Best drat chicken fingers I ever ate, tell you what. Now that's finger lickin' good."

COMING TO KFC Q3 2021

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
i actually ordered the giant cube of feta but uh ... no no, don't send it back, it's fine. *sighs* it's fine.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Better than your MOTHER'S cooking am I right

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
giant terrifying flour cube was my mother's favorite recipe

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Flour cube only does 1d4 of damage and is found on the first level of the dungeon.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

drat. My recipe calls for a flour octahedron. Thanks anyway.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How does it keep its shape... Impossible

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i was thinking about the cube again today

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the monstrous improbable, no, impossible cube!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
towering over us all

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Cube came to me in my dreams again last night.
Silent, again. Just...existing there, in the background of my already tormented and fractured dreams. An unmovable constant.

----------------

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
unmovable, yet somehow also grinding us all down

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

>I add olive oil to the cube

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

>I add olive oil to the cube

the cube exists in all of us, in the collective unconscious. when you affect it, the effects are unique to you.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

the cube exists in all of us, in the collective unconscious. when you affect it, the effects are unique to you.

>I add panko to the cube/myself

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

When I need to add a little unzest to my dish I use a microplane on my giant cube of flour.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Digging barehanded through an empty white plane of flour cubes. A barren Elysian field, whiter and dustier than the freshest soft snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msxUZlpeOzE

Slowly going deeper. I am now in a corridor whose floor, ceiling, and walls are all flour cubes.

I never stop. I dig without ceasing

What happens when I get to the end?

They can't go on forever. There has to be something beyond the giant cubes of flour.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

>I slowly submerge my panko crusted self and cube into the hot deep fryer

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
How can anyone cope with such a thing?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

When the blade. Comes down. In your mixer
And the buns are almost made
Oh I wanna be therere in your, cooker
Ooohhh ooo ooooh, cube-o-flour

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
what the gently caress is flour?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Smythe posted:

the stuff of nightmares, friend

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cease to Hope posted:

the stuff of nightmares, friend

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I emerge from the deep fryer, crispy and delicious, holding my now golden cube of flour. First, the neighborhood dogs come to investigate, then the small children from the nearby school. It is not long until scientists and government officials come to gaze upon the cube. I raise my golden flour cube high above me with both hands as mouths and fingers alike begin picking my panko encrusted flesh apart. The cube reflects the warm rays of the sun during the day, and glows with pale moonlight at night. I have brought peace to the world, for all are healed by mine flour cube

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I emerge from the deep fryer, crispy and delicious, holding my now golden cube of flour. First, the neighborhood dogs come to investigate, then the small children from the nearby school. It is not long until scientists and government officials come to gaze upon the cube. I raise my golden flour cube high above me with both hands as mouths and fingers alike begin picking my panko encrusted flesh apart. The cube reflects the warm rays of the sun during the day, and glows with pale moonlight at night. I have brought peace to the world, for all are healed by mine flour cube

the cube claims another.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Smythe posted:

But what is flour? It's a difficult question, because flour is impossible to describe. One might ask the same about birds. What are birds? We just don't know.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Smythe posted:

fleur de something

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it has claimed your ability to understand things you once knew

what will it claim next

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cease to Hope posted:

it has claimed your ability to understand things you once knew

what will it claim next

i cannot even remember my own name. the vastly huge white and powdery cube encompasses my entire world.

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

>I awaken with eyes that have never seen before. Sitting upward, my gaze fixes upon the now gargantuan golden cube of flour hovering in the sky. Looking around, there is nothing but wheat fields covering the land. Cries of ecstasy and pain arise from those malnourished bodies working the fields for their service to the cube is both punishment and pleasure. I do not know how or why the cube has torn me from my eternal rest, but the air is ripe with dreadful purpose. And a harsh breeze rustles through the stalks of wheat, the mocking laughter of the God I helped apotheosize.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Once the Cube has you, you can never be free.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
do you dare?

----------------

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rick posted:

Once the Cube has you, you can never be free.

Once the Cube has you, only THEN are you free.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it was a mistake to imagine it

did it already exist before that?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

>I begin the pilgrimage to the holiest site on Earth, the city of Mill, a massive urban sprawl of decadence and decay quickly built upon the land lying directly underneath the Cube.

There are many sights seen while on my journey. I encounter the Rearranged, the worshippers who have broken their bones and replaced limbs to further resemble the godly Golden Shape. I take pity upon a man imprisoned for his attempt to sneak some of his own flesh into the holy wheat tithe. I am compelled to join in as the field laborers sing their daily hymns at noon among the endless gilded seas of wheat. The whole world has become this, except for the city within the Cube's shadow.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 18, 2021

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the cube...

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Please stop summoning the cube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn