Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
why is everyone in dark mode all the time? i try to not spend my entire night browsing, but when i am browsing at night for prolonged periods, and in the absence of an automatic switcher, will set an app to dark mode manually.

however, it has come to my attention that on twitter, discord, and even now SA, people are in dark mode 24/7????

do some not have natural light in their homes? am i the only one that uses the internet during the day?

what is wrong with you people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's because I touch myself at night and this reminds me of it, OP.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Dark mode is cool and good on phone but I'm n desktop I'm not a fan.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Dork mode, ya nerds

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you use Light Mode for any reason other than because it was forced then you will not survive the wastelands

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Who What Now posted:

If you use Light Mode for any reason other than because it was forced then you will not survive the wastelands

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My mother saw me using light mode and became very vexxed at me. I was told 'No more pork chops' for one week. She was quite clear. One full week sans pork chops, and I shan't be making this same mistake again.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Who What Now posted:

would you set a book to dark mode too??

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Shogunner posted:

Absolutely you freakin putz

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I put mine in dark mode because every program / app I use has dark mode now and I am a trend chasing bitchmade motherfucker wanna fight about it?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shogunner posted:

Yes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I use light mode on my work PC because I generally can't dark mode my work things

I always use dark mode on my phone though it's aces

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I use dark mode everywhere it's good or at least customizable. A lot of the time dark mode is so high contrast it's all obnoxious to read as black on white.

Also gently caress any application that has random windows that defy the system theme.

And gently caress Google maps on Android for being in dark theme when viewing a map but reverting to light when I enter navigation.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 24, 2021

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Yeah lol at not using dark mode for an ebook reader

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Shogunner posted:

why is everyone in dark mode all the time? i try to not spend my entire night browsing, but when i am browsing at night for prolonged periods, and in the absence of an automatic switcher, will set an app to dark mode manually.

however, it has come to my attention that on twitter, discord, and even now SA, people are in dark mode 24/7????

do some not have natural light in their homes? am i the only one that uses the internet during the day?

what is wrong with you people

Because it's named after a dark screen not dark lighting. In short it's about not searing your eyes any further staring into bright white light for hours on end.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
I use dark mode on some stuff but not others, but what I really can't loving stand is people who chastise others for choosing one or the other. If you do that you are probably the biggest dork in your friend group.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I love staring directly into the backlight of my device

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Shogunner posted:

man this is like one of those rhetorical questions my 4th grade teacher would ask that was intended to be some kind of gotcha but would completely backfire

gently caress yes i would set a book to dark mode

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
OP posting in snark mode.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

gently caress you OP dark mode rules

*turns into a bat and flies out the window*

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Big Beef City posted:

My mother saw me using light mode and became very vexxed at me. I was told 'No more pork chops' for one week. She was quite clear. One full week sans pork chops, and I shan't be making this same mistake again.

honestly, this.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I just want a smooth transition based on local sunset/sunrise plus a specified offset. I like light mode in the day and dark at night.

It'd also be rad if based on the mode of the OS if websites could check and set the mode on the site too, so I don't have to gently caress with toggling poo poo.

It's TYOOL 2021 and we can't smoothly transition two themes and let websites check. The gently caress is this poo poo?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I don’t use dark mode

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

dark mode users playing the original gameboy all "jeez take it easy, i'm blinded over here"

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

syntaxfunction posted:

I just want a smooth transition based on local sunset/sunrise plus a specified offset. I like light mode in the day and dark at night.

It'd also be rad if based on the mode of the OS if websites could check and set the mode on the site too, so I don't have to gently caress with toggling poo poo.

It's TYOOL 2021 and we can't smoothly transition two themes and let websites check. The gently caress is this poo poo?

This website took a decade getting "look at old posts" to work as a feature for people who paid to do it.
Recently we were told that it ran for 20 years with zero backup and no dev environment and held together with scotch tape or whatever the entire time.
Sending or receiving a PM makes me scared this whole house of cards will come tumbling down.
You have to use special tricks and secret handshakes to get gangtags to work or everything breaks and the police are called to your home.

Let's not get crazy, ok?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Dark Mode

All Day

All Night

SUCK EM OP :blastu:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

People who don't use dark mode should be loaded onto a gleaming rocket and shot into the sun.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dark mode fucks

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Whoa poo poo! Dark mode is a thing? This is fuckin' tight!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

When I use dark mode I feel strong, confident, and make very sexy and popular posts.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I agree that dark mode sucks in general, so I don't use it. Maybe you should try that, OP.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Dark mode has increased my download speeds 20%, I don't know what you jokers are whining about.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dark mode has made my bowel movements regular and powerful

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

This website took a decade getting "look at old posts" to work as a feature for people who paid to do it.
Recently we were told that it ran for 20 years with zero backup and no dev environment and held together with scotch tape or whatever the entire time.
Sending or receiving a PM makes me scared this whole house of cards will come tumbling down.
You have to use special tricks and secret handshakes to get gangtags to work or everything breaks and the police are called to your home.

Let's not get crazy, ok?

Oh yeah for sure. I was more extrapolating to the general idea of dark modes. Like if Windows and co could incorporate a universal return on what mode you're in (loving lol) which a website can just check and adjust the css on the site.

The dream~~

For this site specifically every day it's still up is a blessing haha.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I use dark mode because I'm not racist.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

maybe it's just my browser, but when i use dark mode on my laptop with chrome i can't see what posts of read. every post is charcoal grey.

on my phone in dark mode on the app they are a forest green if it is you're comment, the rest are navy blue if read and grey if not read... the op is a weird brown green but it works!. its great. can we get that as a theme on the desktop darkmode? are you guys on the same team do you talk together? i go no idea who maintains the app, but its 100% darkmode on that and I would on desktop as well so long as the i can tell who is the op, have i seen it previously or is it a new comment, and which comments are mine so i can swipe up until i find the posts i made which is all i really care about.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

phew only took 1 minute on the laptop.. that was nearly impossible on an android phone.

Dark mode mobile-Top to bottom: read, op, my post, new post. Please add this to the forums dark mode if possible.

right now it just alternates between black and very dark grey and i lost all this useful info!

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 25, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i used my browser version of Outlook to send an email one evening and the person replied "why did you email me a bunch of black blocks?"

needless to say i stick to the regular Outlook when using dark mode :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i use whichever one the mods dont like