Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Iron Lady Becky is relatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

I wanna watch this

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
post vids for me to click

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Danko looks rad

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

can't wait to find out how mighty man became force ghost

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Power Vic is one thing, but Power Vic AND Zion Lion together? now thats paper

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Great Power Uti has logged on

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Young Mike not lookin so young no more

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

mighty man is really holding mighty progress back

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

can't quite tell if that is the Disaster of Nova Scotia Chamber Of Commerce or Disaster of Nigeria Security And Civil Defense Corps but either way its a bomber nickname

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
looks pretty cool

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

harperdc posted:

Great Power Uti has logged on

The story of Super Domino and Super Festus is required listening.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Im looking for footage now. Nigeria is cool.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

bumping this thread because imagine a bunch of us senators hosting a wrestling show. america sucks, nigeria rules

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
i hope captian dunga is a bad guy, so i can call him captain dung

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

We regret to announce the death of our wrestler, BUGGY THE STONE BREAKER. Until his death, Stone Breaker was the Coach of Hardcore Wrestling Academy, Onitsha. May his soul rest in peace... Amen.... more info later

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Cavauro posted:

We regret to announce the death of our wrestler, BUGGY THE STONE BREAKER. Until his death, Stone Breaker was the Coach of Hardcore Wrestling Academy, Onitsha. May his soul rest in peace... Amen.... more info later

I'm not sure what this means

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alexander The Queen is :chefskiss:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

still lookin for videos but I found a writeup for a preview show:

https://wrestlemap.wordpress.com/2021/03/20/npwf-mock-pro-wrestling-showcasing-nigerian-talents-to-the-world/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I found videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa1C2RoX5SI

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

coconono posted:

Iron Lady Becky is relatable

this honorable minister mohammad musa bello honestly looks like a real pussy, i could beat him on the ring at any time

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Tag yourselves

I am the table at 1:12

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Happy birthday to Wrestlemap's Chief Correspondent in Africa, Olusesan Olukoya!

Wrestlemap posted:

Today is a very special day at WrestleMap as we are celebrating the 56th birthday of our Chief Correspondent in Africa, Olusesan Olukoya! Olu, as hes come to be known by his friends and peers, has been instrumental in the growth of WrestleMap. Without his encouragement, the World Wrestling News section of WrestleMap never would have been launched. Olukoya was also the first addition to the WrestleMap staff outside of the websites founder, Bryan Anderson.

c869e73f-cbe3-4219-a045-caa40c2e4561.jpeg
Olusesan has been involved in the African pro wrestling scene for over thirty years. He is currently the Secretary General of Pro Wrestling Africa and the Director of Publicity of the Nigeria Pro Wrestling Federation. Due to his extensive knowledge of the sport in Africa, as well as his countless contributions as a writer, promoter and executive, Olukoya is sometimes referred to as the African Wrestling Encyclopedia or Mr. African Pro-Wrestling.

558072a9-c78a-4d28-866d-93c2e2246918.jpeg
Olusesan also has an extensive history covering and writing about Nigerian and African pro wrestling, writing and producing his own publication, Wrestling Update, which was printed and sold for many years both in Nigeria and internationally.

e3207a7a-b358-4317-81a5-75c7e66d93bf.jpeg
Olusesan has done so much for African pro wrestling that its hard to capture it all into words. His bio here on the WrestleMap site may do a better job of it than I am able to do in this article. His bio reads: He is an African pro wrestling manager, columnist, publisher, crusader and activist. He has been propagating African pro wrestling for over three decades and has visited almost all the African nations that have the semblance of professional wrestling likewise Europe and USA. He runs Royal Sports World, the African link to the pro-wrestling world and also he is the Secretary General of Pro Wrestling Africa (PWA), the syndicate that serves as the mouth piece of the game in Africa and also represents the interest of the continent of Africa internationally.

d629ef87-bf1a-4d02-869a-bdccf712c217.jpeg
Please join us in wishing the expert on African wrestling and an extremely important member of the WrestleMap staff a happy birthday! Happy birthday Olusesan Olukoya and thank you for all that you do for WrestleMap and pro wrestling in Africa and around the world!

https://www.wrestlemap.com/news/n64wjt18wup8tjjwb377um9gbszlqi

this is the dude that's helping get videos of matches to youtube. happy birthday dude

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
happy birthday Secretary General Olu

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Power Lee is sick

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

big hype video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuQaw2njjTQ

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh dang, they got interviews!

https://www.wrestlemap.com/news/qvf2r5mkqsj2mod5388wxoh8ayn40q

here is the text but you gotta click on the link for the cool pictures posted:

Wrestlers under the stable of the Nigeria Pro wrestling Federation (NPWF) have been talking tough and challenging themselves in preparation of the National Security, Peace and Unity Wrestling Championship scheduled to be held at the Ciprian Ekwensi Center for Arts and Culture, Area 10, Garki Abuja on Sunday June 13th, 2021.

Strongbone Erujeje
Strongbone Erujeje

After the Tuesday training session at the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos, WrestleMaps African chief correspondents team grant the wrestlers interviews and they all bared their mind. Strongbone, who spoke first on how ready he is for the Abuja wrestling tournament, voiced out: Thank you for the opportunity to talk to you. This is Strongbone Erujeje of Edo State. I am ready to storm Abuja and show anyone that comes my way the storm I am made of. I have done it before during the BRF Wrestlemania in Lagos and I will do it again and again. Yes, dry bone shall rise again.

Mighty Man
Mighty Man

Mighty Man was next to talk after Strongbone and he was excited to grant us an interview. I am the Mighty Man, the number one strongest man. I am ever ready. In fact I am over ready. I learnt my opponent is Mosendo. He will testify to my raw power after feeling it. I am not going to Abuja for childs play. I am in the heavyweight category and that is my added advantage.

Power Vic & Zion Lion of The Dakkada Thunders
Power Vic & Zion Lion of The Dakkada Thunders

Dakkada Thunders, the team of Power Vic and Zion Lion, promises to give it to their opponents The Grippers bumper to bumper without leaving space to be overshadowed. One thing I am sure of is that the Grippers cannot withstand thunder strike and we will definitely strike the Grippers down and then reign supreme as the tag team champions of that night.

Mr. Sharpman, 1/2 of The Grippers
Mr. Sharpman, 1/2 of The Grippers

Young Powerful Mike, 1/2 of The Grippers
Young Powerful Mike, 1/2 of The Grippers

The Grippers: We are the Grippers. Our opponents are thunders as they have proclaimed. We are going to grip the thunders so that they will not even have the opportunity to strike. We are the best in tag team wrestling in Nigeria for now.

Mighty Progress
Mighty Progress

Mighty Progress may be new in the game but he is a young, talented, and focused athlete. Hear him. It takes a man to wrestle. I am ready for this. I am aware that Aliking has lots of experiences in the professional wrestling game, even as that may be, he will feel me as well as I am mightily making the needed progress in wrestling. The title he has may change hands that evening. Anything can happen.

Iron Lady Becky
Iron Lady Becky

Iron Lady Becky urges her fans to come en mass and cheer her to victory. I am going to perform a miracle that day. You can only see it while you are there and not when you are not there. Dont wait to be told. I am ready for this timely event.

Flying Danko
Flying Danko

I am Flying Danko and I will not land until I fly to stardom. I am not underestimating my opponent Rasman Iron, who I learnt has been training hard too for this event. I have trained in the sun, in the moon, in the rain and even in the jungle for this timely event. No retreat, no surrender declared Danko.

Stylish J
Stylish J

Stylish J said: I am Stylish J. I dont know my opponent and I dont even want to know her. I just want to get to the ring, do justice in under a few minutes and leave. I am the best for now when it comes to women wrestling in Nigeria and you can see for yourself that I am saying facts.

The Great Mosendo
The Great Mosendo

I am the Great Mosendo, champion of all time. I am ready to wrestle. I am ready to fight. Mighty Man or what does he call himself? How mighty is he? I am the Great Mosendo. I have competed in Nigeria and South Africa among the toughest and the roughest wrestlers. I will definitely bring him down. I defeated white men in South Africa how much more a black rear end like Mighty Man Mosendo boasted.

Aliking, The Action Disaster
Aliking, The Action Disaster

Aliking, in a telephone interview, emphasized that he is the hosting wrestler as well as the Arewa King of Pro wrestling, asking if the king can be overthrown when a stranger visits. I am the resident king of professional wrestling in Abuja. I rule from here and all I can do is to accommodate the visiting wrestlers, take care of them and when it gets to the business of pro wrestling, then its business time and I mean strictly business. I will leave no stone unturned to claim what is rightfully mine which is the wrestling trophy for the National Security, Peace and Unity Pro Wrestling Championship.

Alexandra The Queen
Alexandra The Queen

So far so good, all the wrestlers have been able to bare their minds and we really want to wish them all the best during the timely championship in Abuja as the federation management have sorted out transportation to Abuja on Friday, lodging and feeding while in Abuja as well as local transportation.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Niheria is cool but what about the Pakistani Hulk?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Let's go The Wolf.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The Thunders plan to strike the Grippers with thunder, while the Grippers plan to grip the Thunders so they cannot strike. Both of these sound like well thought out and thematically appropriate strategies.

Also, it's probably a translation thing but I laughed at "You can only see it while you are there and not when you are not there." Thank you for that explanation, Iron Lady Becky.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh hell yeah the show happened, I can't watch it because I'm banned from facebook but it definitely happened

https://www.wrestlemap.com/news/51ku1wukqgncvcci7pealrgpepfkiw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my dudes at wrestlemap came through with the women's match on youtube, which I'm not banned from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzDQHPczd7I

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hell yeah Nigeria wrestling is back baby

quote:

Nigeria Pro Wrestling Federation announces plans for July show to honor Nigerian kings 97th birthday
NigeriaNewsNigeria Pro Wrestling FederationAfrica
Jun 28
Written By Olusesan Olukoya
*Asagba gives Royal Blessings to the pro wrestling championship in his honour*

His Royal Majesty Asagba (Prof.) Joseph Chike Edozien, CFR, JP, the Asagba of Asaba land, has shown sincere appreciation to the management of the Nigeria Professional Wrestling Federation (NPWF) for deeming it fit to honour him with the National Grand Patron of the Nigeria Pro Wrestling Federation and also to hold a Championship in his name, in commemoration of his 97th birthday ceremony on July 28th. The wrestling event to honor the king will take place on July 24th.

The wrestling event will showcase who is who in the world of African pro wrestling and would really boost the game in Nigeria and Africa as a continent.

The NPWF team, as well as the local organizing members, met with Asagba, who was excited to have the opportunity to witness such a great event. "I am very happy to be celebrated and honour with an event of this magnitude and I will see to it that it eventually holds prior to my 97th birthday celebration" the monarch declared.

Hon. Valentine Mokolo, chairman of the championship Local Organizing Committee (LOC), who is seeing to a great press conference on Tuesday June 29th at the Palace in Asaba, is also happy to contribute a quota to celebrating a living legend. "I am happy this is happening now. Asagba deserve this. We are celebrating his 30 years on the throne as the Asagba of Asaba land and also as an elder stateman" he stated.

As of now, the event to honor the Asagba of Asaba is set to feature some of Nigerias best, but also some of the best wrestlers from around Africa. The events date has been moved to July 24th.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Wil Mascaras

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DE SQUEEZER

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Do any of the Nigerian federations have a white guy who's gimmick is like, all the lovely stereotypes about white Americans? Cause that would be funny.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince MechMahon posted:

Do any of the Nigerian federations have a white guy who's gimmick is like, all the lovely stereotypes about white Americans? Cause that would be funny.

they should. If I was in the area, I'd totally show up for it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

Wil Mascaras

Lucha wario is too good of a gimmick, I hope that man becomes famous.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wil Mascaras is such a good gimmick name that I can't believe nobody else came up with it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Will Hobbs gets suspended and the next week a giant dude in a mask shows up calling himself Will Mascaras.