Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

The one in the back right, I remember there used to be a billion advertisements for these things that cost approximately $1,000,000 and promised you could get a weeks worth of exercise in like 5 minutes.

It was pre-youtube, I couldn't even understand what you were supposed to do with it.

Anyone also remember these things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
I remember this thing as well. They used to run ads in the LA Times. I seem to recall it having some kind of curvy 'bow' type contraptions hanging off it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I remember this it is called the ROM

oh look they still exist: https://www.romquickgym.com/

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

The Bloop posted:

I remember this it is called the ROM

oh look they still exist: https://www.romquickgym.com/

Checks out:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I remember seeing these things in magazines forever and goddamn it I still kind of want one even though I know better

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I do weeks of weight lifting in mere moments by dropping several tons of garbage on top of my head

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Shakeweights?

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure there's no form of exercise you can do that will give you a shedded body in just 4 minutes day

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Dignity Van Houten posted:

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure there's no form of exercise you can do that will give you a shedded body in just 4 minutes day

High Intensity Interval Puking

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

VA VA VA voom 🥵🥵🥵

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Come on down to my full body full throttle bust hut and I'll get u shredded and rock hard in just minutes

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

VA VA VA voom 🥵🥵🥵

you also think she's working an elaborate milking apparatus?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

What about vigorous application of a wood chipper

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Chris Benoit used it to kill himself after killing his whole family with wrestling moves. You rear end in a top hat. :mad:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt kinda dangerous to have a fast spinning wheel exposed like that.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

PhazonLink posted:

isnt kinda dangerous to have a fast spinning wheel exposed like that.

You mean, like a bicycle?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
It looks like something you'd find in a BDSM sex club.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
It's like an exercise machine designed by whoever invented crossfit.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

CPL593H posted:

Where do you put your dick?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Yaldabaoth posted:

It's like an exercise machine designed by H.R. Giger

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Where don’t you put your dick

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Rowing maybe.

Why the hell does this thing exist just row.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I hosed it

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

CPL593H posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrzEDyS9Ddw

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm right here OP. You can ride me all night long.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

CPL593H posted:

It looks like HR Gieger designed Santa's Sleigh

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

this machine cured me of my brain tumor

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Three Olives I have to say, after carefully considering the whole situation, and I stand with my back to the wall, walking is better than running away, and crawling ain't no good at all.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

$1500 for 30 days of rental. That means if I buy 100 of these at full price then rent them out hourly in a gym I'll be rich in no time!

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0o19mkxg-o

Looks like a good chunk of the workout is from setting it up. Hopefully the $15k price tag includes a free moving dolly.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Zachack posted:

Looks like a good chunk of the workout is from setting it up. Hopefully the $15k price tag includes a free moving dolly.

one of the best eps ive heard in years. can someone link the discogs please

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zachack posted:

Love that the narration is like Caves of Qud flavor text written by Ayn Rand

"The ROM Machine is a functional work of art, a bold design of industrial steel and gleaming chrome, precision engineered to deliver a complete workout..."

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Uh oh. I'm gonna do it

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
https://gfycat.com/elegantparchedalleycat-mobile.mp4

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

to use The Machine against the wishes of its creator is to usher in the third coming of Richie Rich represented by the actor Macaulay Culkin harbinger of technological slavery as foretold by visionary futurologist and bomber of airlines and universities Theodore J. Kaczynski. please tread with caution and remember to read the user manual

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Three Olives posted:

The one in the back right, I remember there used to be a billion advertisements for these things that cost approximately $1,000,000 and promised you could get a weeks worth of exercise in like 5 minutes.

It was pre-youtube, I couldn't even understand what you were supposed to do with it.

Anyone also remember these things?
You can do true tabata intervals sprinting or using a regular exercise bike and it works the same. People who pace themselves and just put in medium-high effort aren't doing it right. True tabata sprints mean you run as fast as humanly possible like a killer is chasing you down until the designated rest period. If you do it properly you should feel like you're having a stroke and want to die and throw up by the end of 4 minutes. If you just feel regular tired you cheated and went way too easy on yourself.

I did it for a month and it loving sucks. I would rather just do cardio while I watch TV. Anyway, it's true you can exercise less and for shorter periods with that workout method but the machine is irrelevant to the process. You can run around a tree for the same effect.

CPL593H posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_cqWHjCZTE