Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Not all dogs are good boys.

Many are good girls instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Guard dogs & fighting dogs that tear small dogs and babies to pieces instantly given the chance are not "good boys". They're bred and trained to be assholes, and are assholes. Only assholes think vicious dogs are good boys.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
my next door neighbor just got a pit bull and that thing looks like a loving muscle tank, it's just muscle and a big old mouth. she's a psycotherapist so i know shes nuts (but also a very nice lady and good neighbor).

anyway that dogs going to kill me, i saw my death in its eyes.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
a lot of dogs bark too much and they should pipe down and not bark so much

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Some dogs are a bit ugly

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

when i see an uptight person walking their dog, bossing it around way too much, I think "that kinda sucks. what's up with some dog owners seem really into fascism."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dogs have been to space.
You've never been to space.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
Pugs should be extinct.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Dogs do not have their own cellular services which is a freedom that us humans enjoy

If dogs had their own cell phones and service then they wouldn't need to just yell at one another all the time to communicate I feel???

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

A dog was working as a sales associate at a foot locker I went to and while I'm sure he was a good boy, his service was just OK, like when it came to figuring out anything with numbers he really panicked

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Yesterday a dog cut me off in traffic

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I'm 100% convinced the dog genome will collapse soon, and they'll legitimately go extinct within the lifetime of your average poster's theoretical children.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Dogs are pretty good

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

hell astro course posted:

I'm 100% convinced the dog genome will collapse soon, and they'll legitimately go extinct within the lifetime of your average poster's theoretical children.

Just loving lol at the idea of something that can be commoditised disappearing.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
You can already get your dog cloned, they're not going away.

e: Absent social collapse etc.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Sight hounds are the dog master race.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Dogs are bridezillas

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

SoylentCola posted:

Pugs should be extinct.

Gonna expand this to all dog breeds that have trouble breathing/walking/breeding because of terrible genetics. Just stop making more puppies of those breeds and let the old dogs live out their days in not too much pain and discomfort.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Chicago style is just a bit too much

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

Guard dogs & fighting dogs that tear small dogs and babies to pieces instantly given the chance are not "good boys". They're bred and trained to be assholes, and are assholes. Only assholes think vicious dogs are good boys.

From my understanding the main problem is when you mix these two together. Guard dog breeds are bred to attack intruders, but not maul things to death, especially small nonthreatening things like small children, and fighting dog breeds are bred to maul other dogs to death, but not attack humans. But when you mix these two you wind up with a toddler-murdering machine.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Gonna expand this to all dog breeds that have trouble breathing/walking/breeding because of terrible genetics. Just stop making more puppies of those breeds and let the old dogs live out their days in not too much pain and discomfort.

Also this. It's animal cruelty to breed a dog that can't breathe properly and should be seen as such.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Keep your dog on a leash when you're out and about.

Your mutt being "excitable" isn't cute, nor an excuse for it's bad behavior.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Buying a pure breed dog without good cause should be grounds for you not being allowed to own a dog.

gently caress you if you spend 1500 bucks on a dog from a breeder when there are hundreds of dogs in shelters that need a home.

Exceptions to this are if you need a specific breed for a specific purpose (I'm thinking like seeing eye dogs, sheep dogs, bomb defusal dogs, that sort of thing)

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Visible Stink posted:

Buying a pure breed dog without good cause should be grounds for you not being allowed to own a dog.

gently caress you if you spend 1500 bucks on a dog from a breeder when there are hundreds of dogs in shelters that need a home.

Exceptions to this are if you need a specific breed for a specific purpose (I'm thinking like seeing eye dogs, sheep dogs, bomb defusal dogs, that sort of thing)

yeah like i'd be caught dead walking a lovely second-hand dog. get real

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

A little salty, but overall similar to lamb meat.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dogs are a kind of cat

the best kind

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The only good dog is a hot dog.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

dogs are bad

not my opinion

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Dogs have unconditional love for humans which isn't a good thing because a lot of humans are jerks.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

dogs don't love human beings they just know that we have food.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hell Yeah posted:

dogs don't love human beings they just know that we have food.

Maybe they all just don't love you specifically, have you considered that

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

BigBadSteve posted:

Any time someone tries to justify pitbulls as "it's the owner not the breed" let's consider a few factors:

- cattle dogs / collies / shepherds inherently have the urge to round up things / herd / nip at ankles, so is it really hard to imagine this logic applying to:
- terriers, which were bred for one purpose: to pick up small animals and lock down and shake until they're dead, being inherently huge risks due to their innate, lizard brain prey drive
- there is no barrier to entry for having a dog, you can literally just go and get one, which means that:
- most dog owners are actually pretty terrible, as are most dogs either because of their owners or because they're just lovely dogs or oftentimes both

French bulldogs cost ~7k in vet bills in the first three years of their life, on average, told to me by a veterinarian. Pugs and boston terriers are just as bad

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Yaldabaoth posted:

Dogs have unconditional love for humans which isn't a good thing because a lot of humans are jerks.

not me though :smug:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I dunno OP. Why would I want the opinions of an unpopular dog?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Scottish Terriers are cool dogs.

But I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They smell and you have to wash them. Going to go ahead and file that one in the "problems" category.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Any dog that looks like a mop if you attached a handle to it is probably really dumb.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Small dogs are best dogs. I don't care if they yap.

:colbert:

And Xolos are wonderful, coated or not :kimchi:

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Dogs would be improved if they had thumbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

You Are A Elf posted:

Scottish Terriers are cool dogs.

But I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion.

it is with me.