Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

He stalks the night, feeding from the blood of the innocent.

Man is his sushi.

If you have the GUTS to put a stop to this madness, create a VAMPIRE HUNTER with four skill points. Go all-in on one skill at rank 4, or pick 4 rank 1 skills you made up on the spot. just make up a vampire-hunting character with whatever skill it's fine.

After you've prepared you'll need to head to the OLD COTTAGE near the edge of town, where all the VAMPIRE HUNTERS of the city have agreed to meet.

But BEWARE... if DRACULA isn't destroyed before MIDNIGHT on OCTOBER 31, his VILE PLAN will fulfilled...

And it's drawing towards DUSK, of october tenth. Best not to waste time.

---

Time will pass roughly similar to IRL, so people can get their actions in, but be warned, when the GHOST OF CASTLE DRACULA is out, vampires are able to attack you. This first night will be longer.
Also if you're gonna be one of the players who made a vamp well tough poo poo the vamp hunters can read your posts. Player vamps are much weaker than Drac, who is inscrutable and mysterious. If you get into a vampire fight the skills of both get rolled vs each other and if the vamp wins living players get game over. Draw goes to the living. If players stick together they can pool their skills. Getting killed by a player vamp just means you're dead, game over.

You're gonna have to figure out how to get into Dracula's castle and kill the fucker. There's a group of ADVENTURERS based out of the OLD COTTAGE who can help.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
>cast shrink dracula

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I vote to either max out Charisma or completely set Charisma to 0 for extra dumb dialogue options, Fallout style

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Name: Runningwater McGarlic
Skills:
Well Actuallying 2
Skeleton Whispering 1
Discreet Urination 1

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Kim Chi - part time vampire hunter

4 points in Garlic Breath

Communicates through writing, so her sole weapon isn't unleashed accidentally

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Jim Notasecretvampire
Skills:
Drinking blood: 5
Being immortal: 5
Firearms: 1
Disadvantages:
Secret (vampire): -5

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

EorayMel posted:

>cast shrink dracula

you begin the incantation
:rolldice:
the image on the DRACULA WARNING POSTER shrinks

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Name: Runningwater McGarlic
Skills:
Well Actuallying 2
Skeleton Whispering 1
Discreet Urination 1

A flexible build

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Kim Chi - part time vampire hunter

4 points in Garlic Breath

Communicates through writing, so her sole weapon isn't unleashed accidentally

all in, eh? :hmmyes:

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Jim Notasecretvampire
Skills:
Drinking blood: 5
Being immortal: 5
Firearms: 1
Disadvantages:
Secret (vampire): -5

Hmm. I'll allow it but you have the usual vampire drawbacks like not coming out in the day

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dr. Monocle Frompius, PhD in Frankensteinology

2 points in Frankensteinology, of course
1 point in luck
1 point in daring do

Catchphrases
“It’s DOCTOR Frompius!”

“this can only be the work of my nemesis, Doctor Frankenstein!!!”

“Electricity… Man’s curse, and also very useful for many things!”

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Daryl Timbsman
Male, age 27
Slightly overweight, nonthreatening man with brown hair, brown eyes (he claims they’re hazel), and thinks marvel is pretty cool but isn’t actually invested in one way or another
Works at the deli counter at the town HEB
Thinly sliced meat - 2
Customer Service - 1
Deli counter knowledge - 1

I’ll head down to town to meet up with Greg. said something cool was going down and Angela was nice enough to approve a couple hours of PTO so I could see what was up, and Simon said he’d cover and close which was pretty chill so I got the afternoon off.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Name: BAM Stoker
Race: Slav (strong leg muscles from squatting)
Skills: KICK! 3
Gopniking 1

BAM kicks open the gates to Dracula's castle and begins looking for a tactically advantageous position to squat

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Dr. Monocle Frompius, PhD in Frankensteinology

2 points in Frankensteinology, of course
1 point in luck
1 point in daring do

Catchphrases
“It’s DOCTOR Frompius!”

“this can only be the work of my nemesis, Doctor Frankenstein!!!”

“Electricity… Man’s curse, and also very useful for many things!”

You have extremely reasonable concerns that someone may have been tampering with the NECROPOLIS where everyone from the city is interred.

sugar free jazz posted:

Daryl Timbsman
Male, age 27
Slightly overweight, nonthreatening man with brown hair, brown eyes (he claims they’re hazel), and thinks marvel is pretty cool but isn’t actually invested in one way or another
Works at the deli counter at the town HEB
Thinly sliced meat - 2
Customer Service - 1
Deli counter knowledge - 1

I’ll head down to town to meet up with Greg. said something cool was going down and Angela was nice enough to approve a couple hours of PTO so I could see what was up, and Simon said he’d cover and close which was pretty chill so I got the afternoon off.

a strong build to contend with the CHARCUTERIE OF DISPAIR

Who What Now posted:

Name: BAM Stoker
Race: Slav (strong leg muscles from squatting)
Skills: KICK! 3
Gopniking 1

BAM kicks open the gates to Dracula's castle and begins looking for a tactically advantageous position to squat

:rolldice: ... -8
There is an extremely draculaesque castle nearby which you kick powerfully. The bars bend a little but a lizard guy comes out before you can get through and tells you to gently caress right off outta here. There must be a HIDDEN ENTRANCE to the LAIR OF HORRORS

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Dave Bird, Dracologist PhD

Skills
Finding vampires: 3
Telling bats apart from draculas: 1

As a proper vampire hunter I'm going to start looking for the dracula. You can't kill your vampire unless you find it.

>begin looking

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Name: Guillermo

Skills:
Vampire Familiar - 1
Accidentally killing vampires - 2
Deception -1

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

You have extremely reasonable concerns that someone may have been tampering with the NECROPOLIS where everyone from the city is interred.

Hmm yes another fruitful day of FRANKENSTEINOLOGY studies, the most productive endeavor in the world! Man's labours rewarded!
But what is this, as I walk home past the CITY OF THE DEAD, these graves appear to have been robbed! This can only be the work of my NEMESIS, Dr. Frankenstein! All this dirt and maggots, gross

I must alert my colleague Dave Bird, Dracologist PhD, and tell him to come assist me at once *sends messenger pigeon*

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Runningwater McGarlic's gonna head down to the cottage where the meeting is supposed to take place and eat any refreshments that are waiting for us there

naem
May 29, 2011

CROSSBOO DWARFwait, wrong thread

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Before heading out I'm going to make and ring up a sandwich made with shaved boar's head honey maple turkey breast, some regular sliced swiss, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and mustard on an onion roll, something for the road. I'll thank Angela again, put on my North Face fleece, and then go meet up with Greg. I think he was at the Buffalo Wild Wings and i could go with a nice cold beer and some wings too. Plus Jen is gonna be working and I wanna say hi, she just moved into town a couple weeks ago. I remember because that's when the castle appeared, she's cute and I've been meaning to ask her out.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I wake up in my coffin with a hangover from drinking too many drunks last night. I realize the sun is still out, take a swig from my hip flask full of baby blood, and try to get back to sleep.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
sip sip sip. Are you all out or something?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

:rolldice: ... -8
There is an extremely draculaesque castle nearby which you kick powerfully. The bars bend a little but a lizard guy comes out before you can get through and tells you to gently caress right off outta here. There must be a HIDDEN ENTRANCE to the LAIR OF HORRORS

Kim Chi decides to try to negotiate with lizard guy

Vakal
May 11, 2008

"Oh gently caress, Dracula!"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Dave Bird, Dracologist PhD

Skills
Finding vampires: 3
Telling bats apart from draculas: 1

As a proper vampire hunter I'm going to start looking for the dracula. You can't kill your vampire unless you find it.

>begin looking

The majority of the usual dracula-type castles around here are already lived in by normal everyday Styrian minor nobles, so that's probably a no-go. You're powerful brain indicates dracula has really mixed it up this time and is hiding somewhere unusual.

However you see an animal, a bat, surely, flutter across the city... awfully suspiciously. It heads directly towards you!

Waltzing Along posted:

Name: Guillermo

Skills:
Vampire Familiar - 1
Accidentally killing vampires - 2
Deception -1

A risky build. Will it pay off?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hmm yes another fruitful day of FRANKENSTEINOLOGY studies, the most productive endeavor in the world! Man's labours rewarded!
But what is this, as I walk home past the CITY OF THE DEAD, these graves appear to have been robbed! This can only be the work of my NEMESIS, Dr. Frankenstein! All this dirt and maggots, gross

I must alert my colleague Dave Bird, Dracologist PhD, and tell him to come assist me at once *sends messenger pigeon*

messenger pigeons always know where to go, and it flies directly towards the preeminent doctor.

Runningwater McGarlic's gonna head down to the cottage where the meeting is supposed to take place and eat any refreshments that are waiting for us there

You go there, seems you're not the first to arrive, although there is a donkey and large beetle walking around the yard. Someone's already inside and they've started a fire.

sugar free jazz posted:

Before heading out I'm going to make and ring up a sandwich made with shaved boar's head honey maple turkey breast, some regular sliced swiss, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and mustard on an onion roll, something for the road. I'll thank Angela again, put on my North Face fleece, and then go meet up with Greg. I think he was at the Buffalo Wild Wings and i could go with a nice cold beer and some wings too. Plus Jen is gonna be working and I wanna say hi, she just moved into town a couple weeks ago. I remember because that's when the castle appeared, she's cute and I've been meaning to ask her out.

You proceed to the BUFFALO WILD WINGS as the sun grows fat and low on the horizon. You notice it's becoming RED AS FRESH BLOOD

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Kim Chi decides to try to negotiate with lizard guy

"Look, i get it, dracula, weird castle, all that kinda poo poo? This ain't the place. I just work here but the boss is a prick and walks around all day in the sun all the time, so he can't be dracula."
He takes a drag on a cig. "Between you an me I'm starting to think ol Drac might have been a better boss in the first place. Wouldn't complain so much."

There's a call from the castle, "JEEVES, JEEVES HAVE WE RECIEVED GUESTS"
the lizard guy grumbles and grinds out the butt against the gate. "No, sir, simply inspecting the grounds, sir!"
"JEEVES PREPARE ANOTHER TEA IMMEDIATELY THIS IS FAR TO HOT"
The footman makes a jackoff motion and walks away "Certainly sir!"

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Colten Burpo
Profession: teen heartthrob

Skills:
Roasting - 2
Eat hot chip - 1
Call friend for help - 0.5
dads credit card- 0.5

Goal: become famous from Dracula tiktok

>find outlet to charge phone

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
BAM flips a double bird while angrily taking a drag on his cig when the little lizard man turns away. The blow to the man's social standing among his peers is surely damaged beyond repair at such a display of unseen defiance.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Name: Jackson Stone
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 265
Bodyfat %: >1%
Occupation(s): Stripper, vampire

skills
pole dancing-1
vampiric charm- 1
the helicopter- 2

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

titty_baby_ posted:

Colten Burpo
Profession: teen heartthrob

Skills:
Roasting - 2
Eat hot chip - 1
Call friend for help - 0.5
dads credit card- 0.5

Goal: become famous from Dracula tiktok

>find outlet to charge phone

There's a BUFFALO WILD WINGS nearby that also has decent wifi. Since the whole dracula thing they're open extra late as well.

Who What Now posted:

BAM flips a double bird while angrily taking a drag on his cig when the little lizard man turns away. The blow to the man's social standing among his peers is surely damaged beyond repair at such a display of unseen defiance.

they talk poo poo about him for a while but eventually forget the whole thing.

Revins posted:

Name: Jackson Stone
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 265
Bodyfat %: >1%
Occupation(s): Stripper, vampire

skills
pole dancing-1
vampiric charm- 1
the helicopter- 2

quite a few vamps among these vampire hunters. Will VLAD be merciful towards his progeny?

meanwhile it's now TWILIGHT

The SPECTER OF CASTLE DRACULA appears!
Now's the time where vampires come and go as they please!
Anyone who isn't in shelter has a chance of being GRUESOMELY KILLED!
The townsfolk scramble to get inside and start closing their windows and locking their doors.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Using my deli counter knowledge I easily recognize the fresh blood tone in the sky as we have an in house roast beef prepared with crushed garlic and rosemary. Strange, it should resemble the juices of a cooked London broil at this time of day.

I hurry to the bus stop to catch the G. I normally don’t drive my 2008 Accord to work because my retired mom might need it and honestly it’s sensible and environmentally conscious.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Kim Chi decides that if she can't find Dracula, then Dracula will just have to finde her. She cuts herself and waits for a vampire to be lured

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Runningwater McGarlic quickly leads the donkey and the big beetle inside the cottage so they're safe from any vampire attacks. He's also going to discreetly urinate a little at each entrance to the cottage (in case there's werewolves)

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Will twilight kill me? If not I attempt to eat everybody's pc's.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Colten Burpo half walks, half glides in his heelys in the direction of Buffalo wild wings. He hopes they don't check ID when he uses his dads credit card

naem
May 29, 2011

Naem jr steps bleary eyed out of the front door of the cottage, hefting a fire newly crafted crossbow, his dwarven beard festooned with what looks like a reddish tingled garlic

“Oy wots all this then?”

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Anybody needs help in burning witches & digging ditches?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

sugar free jazz posted:

Using my deli counter knowledge I easily recognize the fresh blood tone in the sky as we have an in house roast beef prepared with crushed garlic and rosemary. Strange, it should resemble the juices of a cooked London broil at this time of day.

I hurry to the bus stop to catch the G. I normally don’t drive my 2008 Accord to work because my retired mom might need it and honestly it’s sensible and environmentally conscious.

shoulda stayed at the WILD WINGS, more people get stuck in places like that than you might expect, it's nbd these days.
You get there just as the bus is pulling away.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Will twilight kill me? If not I attempt to eat everybody's pc's.

no you can come out now and you begin to STALK THE NIGHT

Runningwater McGarlic quickly leads the donkey and the big beetle inside the cottage so they're safe from any vampire attacks. He's also going to discreetly urinate a little at each entrance to the cottage (in case there's werewolves)

You piss, undetected, and then throw the door open. Inside is

naem posted:

Naem jr steps bleary eyed out of the front door of the cottage, hefting a fire newly crafted crossbow, his dwarven beard festooned with what looks like a reddish tingled garlic

“Oy wots all this then?”
This guy with a bunch of garlic in his beard, and a chick with a bunch of knives, who's starting to cook something in the kitchen.

titty_baby_ posted:

Colten Burpo half walks, half glides in his heelys in the direction of Buffalo wild wings. He hopes they don't check ID when he uses his dads credit card

They absolutely do not and it goes thru fine. The cashier is one of those red skeletons and seems extremely bored.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Kim Chi decides that if she can't find Dracula, then Dracula will just have to finde her. She cuts herself and waits for a vampire to be lured

suddenly a shadow in the dark!
Jim appears! and proceeds to attack!
It's a close fight and valiant effort, but your garlic belches miss.

Kim Chi is KILLED!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOQEBLogp0k

The POWERS OF DARKNESS grow stronger!
Jim's done till tomorrow night, you can dispose of the corpse or whatever, but you can only kill one player per night.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Ok I use the corpse as halloween decorations for my decrepit mansion. I screw around on my computer and watch youtube videos until dawn.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah basically if you get in a vampire fight you will get your skills rolled and if it comes up draw or better you live, otherwise you get instant game over. These baby vampires are gonna be capped to make it fair but DRACULA is immensely more powerful.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

i cast 'dracula's castle'

naem
May 29, 2011

“Wotsat smell, is tha a Buffalo Wild Wings??”

Naem’s squat dwarven form is attempting to affix what appears to be a bright red marble onto the top of a crossbow bolt

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Runningwater McGarlic stares awkwardly at the garlic-beard guy and the knife lady for a minute, then says, "Hey! Why did the vampire cross the road, roll in the mud, then cross back over?" He waits a beat, then says, "Because vampires are dirty double-crossers! Hahaha!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Adbert Winthropple
Profession: Wealthy cad about town
Skills:
vampiric phrenology, 2
weapon skill, cane sword, 1
hide in plain sight, 1

I'd like to start by heading to the wild wings and scrutinize people inside through the window.