Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Apparently packages of Maruchan ramen noodle soup are made to be 2 servings. So I am looking for someone that would like to split a pack with me. And you better not end up with more noodles than I get! Or there will be all heck to pay.

Or maybe we are supposed to chop the noodle block i half before preparing it? I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Have you considered real ramen tho? Like homemade or just go to one of your local ramen restaurants? poo poo's cheaper than a large Big Mac meal yo.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Apparently packages of Maruchan ramen noodle soup are made to be 2 servings.

lol loving WRONG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooGLzqDGd0w

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Oriental flavor ramen is now called soy sauce flavor, with the same oriental flavor. This change was made because oriental is an outdated term with racist connotations, but also they didn’t want to alienate consumers too much. It’s the same packaging with a different name, and under that name it says the old name. Probably in a few years they’ll drop the oriental subtitle.

It is also the one ramen flavor that is fully vegan

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

syntaxfunction posted:

Have you considered real ramen tho? Like homemade or just go to one of your local ramen restaurants? poo poo's cheaper than a large Big Mac meal yo.

Oh is it? Do you have a Ramen shop in your trendy downtown that charges 12$ for a bowl of soup? Get out of here you nerd.

OP what flavor? I only want half if it’s a flavor I like.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Anyway, I eat the slightly more expensive and much fancier sounding soon vegan ramen. If I’m eating a brick of ramen then I just have it dry with the seasoning packet sprinkled on top

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Modulo16 posted:

Oh is it? Do you have a Ramen shop in your trendy downtown that charges 12$ for a bowl of soup? Get out of here you nerd.

OP what flavor? I only want half if it’s a flavor I like.

Uh, yeah I do. Do you not? A basic Shoyu Ramen is like $13-14 but that's Australian, so that's like US$10. Also just get extra noodles, either free or $1. Just makes sense.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Ramen always seems like a good idea at the time but its really like an incredible amount of broth.

Also wtf is tempura ramen. Crunchy with wet? Monsters.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Ziv Zulander posted:

Oriental flavor ramen is now called soy sauce flavor, with the same oriental flavor. This change was made because oriental is an outdated term with racist connotations, but also they didn’t want to alienate consumers too much. It’s the same packaging with a different name, and under that name it says the old name. Probably in a few years they’ll drop the oriental subtitle.

It is also the one ramen flavor that is fully vegan

I noticed this as well. I didn't know it was vegan.

I found this Kim chi flavored ramen that's really tasty and also vegan. Although now that i think about it it was more of a instant noodles thing than actual soup so maybe it doesn't count as ramen. Anyway it was one of the ones that come in a bowl so it's just one serving, sorry op but those are the rules.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
No Ramen, no cry

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

Ramen always seems like a good idea at the time but its really like an incredible amount of broth.

Also wtf is tempura ramen. Crunchy with wet? Monsters.

A lot of places make a fried or dry version.
You can too, friend.
The police do not come if you don't follow the instructions on the packet to the letter.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Ziv Zulander posted:

Anyway, I eat the slightly more expensive and much fancier sounding soon vegan ramen. If I’m eating a brick of ramen then I just have it dry with the seasoning packet sprinkled on top

Wooooah that's a crazy concentration of sodium. I guess it's the same amount either way but dang! Or do you just use the packet to taste and not use the whole thing

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Dixville posted:

I found this Kim chi flavored ramen that's really tasty and also vegan. Although now that i think about it it was more of a instant noodles thing than actual soup so maybe it doesn't count as ramen. Anyway it was one of the ones that come in a bowl so it's just one serving, sorry op but those are the rules.

This is soon brand ramen, also they make veggie and chili tomato flavors

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

A lot of places make a fried or dry version.
You can too, friend.
The police do not come if you don't follow the instructions on the packet to the letter.

Maybe in your country.

I only go to ramen places for CalPis and Pocari SWEAT and the cheese flavoured pokemon soda with jigglypuff on it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Well perhaps when you're an adult and can drive yourself you'll find them

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

syntaxfunction posted:

I've considered it, but sometimes you just need a square of shrimp ramen without any of the extras or spending $20 for some soup.

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

The real ramen guy should considering eating my real rear end

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This thread has made me think I want pho for dinner tonight already.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Stop colonizing ramen noodles, just boil up some spaghett

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Aight

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

Rainwater and fish nightmares coming right up

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

Rainwater and fish nightmares coming right up

It's beef stock and has beef and noodles in it you dumbass

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Seriouspost theres an asian market that opened in a train station i frequent and they gave away big instant noodle bowls for their opening.

I took one home and it had a packet of cooked, wet, beef in a sauce inside. It was horrible and smelled like my cats food. My cat started scratching the floor when i opened the packet.

Has anyone encountered this stuff? I cant remember the brand. The noodles and other flavours were fine but this attempt at longlife braised meat was incredibly off putting.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
They make a ramen dish that claims to cook your ramen faster and, amazingly, cuts the sodium in half!

This is achieved by the instruction to add only half the flavor packet.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Chili Lime Shrimp, Roast Beef, and Pork are the best Maruchan ramens

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The Maruchan ramen brick is just folded over noodles, OP. Snap the brick at the fold and bing bang boom, you’ve got an even amount of two servings.

Instant ramen life hack #3479

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Prepare the ramen as directed then freeze and use a band saw to divide the frozen block into two equal portions God do you need me to chew it for you too??

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im trying to eat udon with chopsticks on a first date and the noodles are flopping everywhere and im getting broth all over my crisp, knee length white t-shirt.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Big Beef City posted:

spicy pho with meatballs, tripe, and jiggly bits of tendon is my loving jam

you can save that brisket for the cruise ship buffet, it’s time for organs and stuff

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

Im trying to eat udon with chopsticks on a first date and the noodles are flopping everywhere and im getting broth all over my crisp, knee length white t-shirt.

I'm in the next booth over straddling and trying to spoon feed my paraplegic grandma egg drop soup and I'm having an equally ROUGH TIME

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Poohs Packin posted:

Impressing my date by using my chopsticks with my left hand, and only getting a little bit of broth on my shirt

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*shouting out to both of your groups*

I'm sorry about her constant moaning!
She's not normally like this!
I think the egg roll has gotten her all gassy!!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Ziv Zulander posted:

Impressing my date by using my chopsticks with my left hand, and only getting a little bit of broth on my shirt

*my date sees me doing every single thing left-handed*

“Are you left-handed??”

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I've considered it, but sometimes you just need a square of shrimp ramen without any of the extras or spending $20 for some soup.

Why are you spending $20 on soup? Like, $13 for a giant bowl of noodles, eggs, chashu meats and some spring onion. Get free extra noodles if you're hungry.

loving $20 for soup lol

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

ITT: joke about ramen serving sized turns into the worst thread about ramen ever when goons find it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ramen cups? No, I eat linguini from a plate, with my wife

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No, I will not share my raw men with you

:D

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"Send noods" heh get it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Chinatown posted:

"Send noods" heh get it.

No....